Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are the Mane Six's sexual orientations?

Zachiscool5

Ey, Twilight is not asexual. The people who i know who says that usually use it as an excuse because they cannot find a partner. Twilight would be more in the definition of a busy pony who'd have no problem finding someone she likes. So she would be, well i am just gonna say heterosexual, she would likely not mind the other kinks though but she is what she is.

As for the rest i imagine this

Fluttershy: heterosexual (Innocence and her job is taking care of animals)

Rainbow Dash: bisexual (She's athletic but that doesnt mean she has to be bi or lesbian, but considering she's into meeting others and seems very much active i am just gonna say bi)

Apple Jack: heterosexual (A country pony, maybe she's heard of it but considering she's into family tradition i assume she wants a big happy family)

Pinkie Pie: Heterosexual (Her big love is making friends and baking cakes, but i doubt this mean she wants to have sex with all she meets, just to make friends because friendship is something one can want without it having to be something in the other side)

Rarity: heterosexual (she likes to make dresses anything dazzling, fashion is pretty normal to be interested in)

Either way how i think.

Edited by Laurel

Rarity has a lot of romantic interests towards many stallions such as Prince Blueblood and Trenderhoof and she also knows how to work seduction around stallions to get her ways so she is no doubt straight.

Twilight Sparkle has shown romantic interest with Flash Sentry so she is straight. 

Since much of MLP is written by a straight writing staff that have been living in a heteronormative culture and life on default much of the other ponies are straight until proven otherwise. 

The mane six seems pretty straight overall though since they all noticed and approved of Twilight Sparkle's little interaction with Flash Sentry. Applejack and Rarity was most notable for her interaction.

Edited by cider float

Twilight: Bi-curious at the very least.

Rarity: Straight.

Applejack: Straight.

Pinkie: Pansexual.

Fluttershy: Bisexual (prefers males).

Rainbow Dash: SUPER LESBIAN

That was sort of a believable list :D. I liked reading this today

All Straight. I just accept it as this because the only reason people think the pones are a certain sexuality is because they stereotype them. For example, just because RD is athletic doesn't mean she is into girls XD

i agree with you 100% and I think it's unfair to stereotype ponies

I don't agree with sterotyping or "judging" even what they are.... 

CLEARLY they are straight because THIS is a kid show and like everything good EVERYPONY tries to ruin it with these bullshit labels... (so sick of it)

You're right why would this show bring in the awkward topic of labelling ponies with different sexualities when this is a kids friendly show and I doubt most kids would be familiar with the consept

I dont really feel like fighting over labels when shows are just meant to be fun If something isnt canon then as fans we can make whatever we want happen... heck even IF its canon we can still make fan art of our dreams! Many of the mane 6 have expressed interest in the opposite sex like rarity during the g.g.g and twilight sparkle in equestria girls.

Fandoms are there to find like minded people. If you like a ship then you can go to deviant art or we heart it or pintrest or tumblr. So just have fun and do what you feel like doing and sharing but also  know that others will not share the same opinion as you. 

Nobody is fighting here so let us have our arbitrary nonsense headcanons. Maybe we don't appreciate your insistence that they must all be straight either. 

Ey, Twilight is not asexual. The people who i know who says that usually use it as an excuse because they cannot find a partner. 

As someone who has very little interest in romantic or sexual relationships, I mainly pin Twilight down as asexual because I identify with her in several other ways. Of course this cannot be true if we factor Equestria Girls into the equation, but there it is. I'm sure she could find a partner if she wanted to, but (again excluding Equestria Girls) I like to think she simply doesn't want to. 

You're right why would this show bring in the awkward topic of labelling ponies with different sexualities when this is a kids friendly show and I doubt most kids would be familiar with the consept

because it would be great for kids to understand non-hetero romantic attraction from an early age? 

• Brohoof 2

As someone who has very little interest in romantic or sexual relationships, I mainly pin Twilight down as asexual because I identify with her in several other ways. Of course this cannot be true if we factor Equestria Girls into the equation, but there it is. I'm sure she could find a partner if she wanted to, but (again excluding Equestria Girls) I like to think she simply doesn't want to.

I dont mind if you think so. But people who tend to be into their hobbies are just not interested in outside world since they have this obsession with their hobby. Although i dont think Twilight is that obsessed but a little bit, i mean she does pick out good dresses when she goes to the Gala etc, a total book worm would likely not care so much and just find a plain ok looking dress.

But its cool that people have different ideas :)

Nobody is fighting here so let us have our arbitrary nonsense headcanons. Maybe we don't appreciate your insistence that they must all be straight either.

As someone who has very little interest in romantic or sexual relationships, I mainly pin Twilight down as asexual because I identify with her in several other ways. Of course this cannot be true if we factor Equestria Girls into the equation, but there it is. I'm sure she could find a partner if she wanted to, but (again excluding Equestria Girls) I like to think she simply doesn't want to.

because it would be great for kids to understand non-hetero romantic attraction from an early age?

https://youtu.be/etVBJg5zLE0

Please watch this... this person is trans and total gets it. What you are saying is pretty much brainwashing.

Please watch this... this person is trans and total gets it. What you are saying is pretty much brainwashing.

I enjoy Blaire's stuff, however there's a difference between just having a gay character in a show and not making a big deal about it and *having a creepy youtube channel focused entirely on indoctrinating toddlers into being sex positive feminists. If MLP did a whole episode based on sexuality and talked about the same topics as that creepy channel then yeah you'd be totally right, but just having a character who is one way in a show doesn't really mean much of anything. Like the Cops from Gravity falls, or the Gems from Steven universe , they were just fun characters, they don't have a special asking kids if they like "apples or bananas" 

See what I mean? 

Actually that is a very good point you've made and I agree with it, people with non-heterosexual attractions should be treated just as fairly as heterosexual people and they have included quit a few love intrests I'm mlp such as Big Mac and miss Cheerilee so I guess it should be fine to include other types of sexualities such as lesbian and bi

Edited by Mlp_fan101

They're all hetero.

And into interspecies stuff = Pinkie is attracted to the griffin King Rover, a hugging Discord causes Fluttershy to blush, Twilight is into humans like Flash Sentry... :bedeyes:

• Brohoof 1

As per usual, the weird political conservatism of this forum is thoroughly irksome to me. 

I didn't make it the whole way through that but I got the gist of it. The thing is, while the nitty gritty details of it - and anything related to sex proper - would obviously be inappropriate for children even as old as this show's target demographic, what I'm talking about is little more than romantic attraction to the same sex, which there should be no issue with, given that the show already depicts romantic attraction towards the opposite sex. If we ignore societal prejudices, then there's no difference from what the show already does. To be clear, I'm not sure the main characters should be in a permanent romantic relationship at all, but y'know, it might be good for kids to understand that same-sex relationships are okay and that there's nothing wrong with people who are in one, not to mention that there's nothing wrong with loving someone of the same sex. Even if that's "brainwashing," I don't really understand how sending these messages is a bad thing. 

Y'know, like what this person said:

I enjoy Blaire's stuff, however there's a difference between just having a gay character in a show and not making a big deal about it and *having a creepy youtube channel focused entirely on indoctrinating toddlers into being sex positive feminists. If MLP did a whole episode based on sexuality and talked about the same topics as that creepy channel then yeah you'd be totally right, but just having a character who is one way in a show doesn't really mean much of anything. Like the Cops from Gravity falls, or the Gems from Steven universe , they were just fun characters, they don't have a special asking kids if they like "apples or bananas" 

See what I mean? 

• Brohoof 3

Well, saw a fan fiction with Rarity doing some "favors" for the Diamond Dogs in return for help "finding" jewels.  Slight digression, they've implied Big Mac is gay about as hard as they can in a TVY cartoon.

Rainbow is often thought of as gay because she is a tomboy + The Rainbow Coalition is a LGBT group. But, as stated elsewhere it was implied she had sex w 2 guys at the end of Sonic Rainboom 

Edited by sweetolebob18

@@AlexanderThrond is knocking this one out of the park.

As for my personal thoughts...

Twilight: Knows everything about every sexuality plus a few we've never heard of. A little curious, perhaps, but ultimately straight.

Rarity: Has all of the gay friends. She works in fashion, after all. Still, I see her asking why all the good ones have to like colts too. Straight again.

Applejack: While I get the sentiment to break the stereotype and make her a lesbian, I just don't see it. So that's three for three.

Pinkie: Probably one of the aforementioned ones we've never heard of. I'll go with pansexual.

Rainbow Dash: Since I ship her with Soarin, I'm going to say bi-curious at most. I think she gets real defensive if anybody tries to suggest she's a lesbian.

Fluttershy: I have genuinely no idea. I wonder if even her friends know.

There all straight. Hasbro isn't stupid enough to allow a blatant lesbian relationship on the show. Keep in mind the majority of the audience is probably christain. There not going to risk alienating that audience for the sake of one relationship. Besides Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, have all either been infatuated with stallions or have been hit on by them. At this point in the show I wouldn't want a lesbian relationship. And it's not because I wouldn't like one. It's because it'd probably come out of nowhere. As much as I would love for Rainbow Dash to suddenly kid Fluttershy and start dating it wouldn't make any sense. One of my biggest problems with Korasami was that I thought it was written poorly. Keep in mind this coming from someone who really wanted Korasami. There's no context besides in season four. Up until that point they where just friend's. There relationship feels forced because it is forced. It didn't happen naturally. It happens because that's what the fans wanted. If the writers wanted to and assuming they could they'd have to build up to either a bisexual or lesbian relationship. Korra and Asami up until season four where straight. There bisexuality came out of nowhere. I'm not saying you have to introduce a characters bisexuality early on. But if it isn't something that's apparent you have to build up to it. Rarity couldn't suddenly be bisexual. She couldn't suddenly fall in love with Applejack. They'd have to build it up. And drop subtle hints. That way if they started dating it wouldn't feel like it came out of nowhere. Sadly though this show will never have canon lesbians. The most we might get is one of the writers saying in a tweet after the show ended that Lyra and Bonbon where a lesbian couple.

• 2 weeks later...

MMMMM..... now this is a juicy topic.

Of all of them, to me, it seems like Rainbow is probably the bendy straw in the crowd, but hey, I don't mind.

While Hasbro will never admit to any of them being anything but straight, if one(or heck all)of them were revealed to be lesbian or bi-sexual, I would entirely be in support of it.

• Brohoof 1