Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are the Mane Six's sexual orientations?

Zachiscool5

But, as stated elsewhere it was implied she had sex w 2 guys at the end of Sonic Rainboom 

ehh.. where the hell did you get that idea??

Edited by Satrox
  • Brohoof 3

ehh.. where the hell did you get that idea??

At the end of Sonic Rainboom, after Celestia gives Dash the crown she flies off with w 2 Wonderbolts.  Possibly, they were going off to play tiddly winks or discuss world politics -but I doubt it. 

Hasbro, of course, is not going to touch seriously on this with a ten foot pole given that their stated target audience is preteen girls. I am, however, inclined to believe that all of them are straight, with the possible exception of Pinkie Pie, who is likely bi.

At the end of Sonic Rainboom, after Celestia gives Dash the crown she flies off with w 2 Wonderbolts.  Possibly, they were going off to play tiddly winks or discuss world politics -but I doubt it. 

omg you have such a dirty mind :3, I love this! But what if they were going out for a bite to eat, or to celebrate or something hahaha

What I very much like about this community is how everyone acts with different views, but everyone respects them nonetheless.

Sure makes a change from YouTube. You say one controversial thing and you have people telling you to kill yourself and other unfriendly gestures along those lines.

All my friends don't understand how serious the topic of the mane 6's sexuality is. Serious, serious stuff. SERIOUSLY.

I fear that you're the only one thinking that.

Edited by Satrox
  • Brohoof 1

Completely undefined. Their characters have not been developed for that angle, and it's doubtful they ever will. The closest we've gotten is instances involving basic forms of infatuation.

There's nothing to suggest otherwise.

Pretty sure other peeps have said this already but they're all asexual except Rarity who is heterosexual.

If you include EQG then Twilight is heterosexual as well.

If you include comics then Fluttershy is also heterosexual.

But who knows all three of them could be revealed to be bi-sexual.

The show writers don't write them in a way where anything is going to imply their sexuality. Either it directly links attraction or it doesn't.

I think many of you might be basing Rainbow Dash being lesbian based on her (omg I hate this word) "tomboyishness" like seriously? This word shouldn't exist very stupid word. I hate the implications that being athletic is a guy thing and if you are a women and play sports there's a possibility you might be lesbian. Like what the in hell??? There might be other things like being not (another word I hate) "girly." So I'm assuming that means everyone in this forum is gay because we all like a show that is "girly." Like come on.

Could we at least pretend it's 2017 if we don't want to believe it is.

Edited by Misscellanio

Wait, what comic? This is the first I'm hearing of this.

In reflections when they see alternate universe Sombra she gets hearts in her eyes (along with Rarity) when they see him, meaning she is attracted to him. I'm pretty sure it happens later with a different character too but I don't remember.

• Brohoof 1

Tbh I'd say they're all either straight or Bi. Rainbow dash could be considered lesbian but I think that's more from how the community portrays her. Rarity is definitely into guys, this is canon and has been in the actual show. I see her as straight to be honest because she's done that twice but never shown any interest in girls. Fluttershy is straight but possibly bi in my eyes. Twilight I see as straight also but she is more likely than Fluttershy to be Bi. Pinkie Pie I see as probably the most likely to be Bisexual. 

It's really hard to tell because that's not what the show focuses on, besides Rarity the show hasn't really shown any of the mane six have romantic interests. I'm going based of personality but that's also going off stereotypes and generalisation so it's not a great indication. They could all be asexual for all we know, even Rarity because there's no sex in the show because it's main audience is children.

In reflections when they see alternate universe Sombra she gets hearts in her eyes (along with Rarity) when they see him, meaning she is attracted to him. I'm pretty sure it happens later with a different character too but I don't remember.

post-39769-0-70242500-1485764105_thumb.png

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle.

As per usual, the weird political conservatism of this forum is thoroughly irksome to me. 

"What's this? People have different political beliefs than me? Unacceptable!"

Edited by BadHorse
  • Brohoof 1

I've seen plenty of references to that, so he's not the only one by far, but it seems like a bit too far of a jump to make IMO

yeh it is a bit too far. It's mlp for pete's sake, 

Edited by Satrox

Guys they're totally heterosexual, you think that the creators would put that kind of thing into a kids show?

They haven't disproved it yet, so we can always speculate! Use your imagination!

Plus, maybe they should put that kind of thing in a kids' show.

• Brohoof 2

They haven't disproved it yet, so we can always speculate! Use your imagination!

Plus, maybe they should put that kind of thing in a kids' show.

Why should they? Why should they not respect that some parents would rather their kids not watch about lgbt ponies? Everybody has different beliefs and I'm sure they would lose a lot of little fans because of angry parents.

Why should they? Why should they not respect that some parents would rather their kids not watch about lgbt ponies? Everybody has different beliefs and I'm sure they would lose a lot of little fans because of angry parents.

Because there shouldn't be anything wrong with kids watching a show with LGBT characters; there's nothing which makes them less appropriate than non-LGBT characters. 

Edited by AlexanderThrond
  • Brohoof 2

Because there shouldn't be anything wrong with kids watching a show with LGBT characters; there's nothing which makes them less appropriate than non-LGBT characters.

Well that's just your opinion. Just because there might not be something wrong with it to you doesn't mean other people don't think that.

Eh...based on their cannon personalities as well as their interactions, behaviors, and looks they have towards the same gender as well as opposite I'll put this out there.

Disclaimer: My statements are WELL researched and the only way you could argue them is with comics or headcannon(neither of which is viable in show cannon). If you agree with this or not is up to you but this is the most researched set of information on their sexuality EVER DONE.

Twilight Sparkle:

From season 1 and above, Twilight has been the bookworm sort with barely any romantic interest in ANY PONY. In fact, the only time she's ever shown a remote infatuation with any pony, its been Daring Doo from her books but that can be summed up to fangirling over a fictional character...in a fictional world...(wow fiction-ception.. O.o) anyways, based on how she's intereacted with both male and female ponies...

Twilight is most likely...

Straight with a slight Bi-sexual curiosity (She's been known to eye Celestia with an "Notice me senpai!" stare but has only been seen crushing on a single male pony and that's stretching it since this was in the first movie alone.)

Fluttershy:

A mare whose shyness is only rivaled by her temper, Fluttershy has shown almost no interest in anything besides her animals. However, there is one pony whom she has shown affection towards but its been often pushed off as "Friendship" due to the shows nature. If taken out of context, Fluttershy's closeness and not to mention history with Rainbow Dash could easily paint her as Lesbian but it goes slightly deeper than that. When interacting with male ponies in general she tends to shy away in almost all cases but with the female sex, she's more open, friendly, and even affectionate. If Fluttershy was a real woman in real life, everyone and their sister would be wondering if she was in fact lesbian. However... her shy personality can also be a mask for her attraction to the male gender which would explain why she often shy's up when around a stallion she may like.

When it boils down to it however Fluttershy can be clearly distinguished as...

A closet lesbian who will most likely date one or two colts before attempting to date a mare. (Why? on many an episode: Her extreme closeness with Rarity and spending ALOT of time with her. If the show were any more than PG, I think Fluttershy would have shown much more interest in Rarity than of the "friendship" sort and that's not headcannon speaking either.)

Rainbow Dash:

Everyone and their sister wants to scream that Rainbow Dash is lesbian but sadly, being a tomboy doesn't automatically equal being a pie eater. The fact remains that Rainbow Dash has shown interest in BOTH genders but has only acted on ONE. This single piece of cannon evidence implies AT THE VERY LEAST she has an attraction to males... That's right...Fluttershy's older brother explicitly said that she pined after him at one point to which Rainbow Dash DID NOT deny but rather sat in place with a scowl as if what he said was an embarrassing truth. Now people with Lesbo RD headcannon will argue this to the cows come home but headcannon doesn't equal cannon facts. 

Rainbow Dash is most likely...

Straight as an arrow. Sorry fellas, Tomboy doesn't automatically equal lesbian.

Applejack:

Whoo-boy...people are gonna argue this one but funny part is that this one is easy. Applejack's personality, down to the country slang paints her as a tradition-based mare but when it boils down to her attraction to the same gender...there is literally NOTHING in the show cannon that would imply she likes females. Interestingly enough there isn't anything that would paint her as straight either as her interactions with males have been just as passive.

Based on this, Applejack is most likely...

Up to you to decide(Thought I was gonna say straight, didn't ya? There is a little evidence to point her as straight but not enough to make a clear call so until we know more, it's up to everyone's headcannon.)

Rarity:

Do I really have to? I mean, her attraction to males has been slammed in our faces so often that only hard core Rarejack shippers can possibly find cause to say she's lesbian and that's based on headcannon alone!

Rarity is...

So straight that I'd bet she's put out to every male in town by now...(Her personalty just comes off as slutty... :/ )

Pinkie Pie:

Pinkie Pie is a hard core party pony and she's not afraid to be affectionate with anypony, be they male or female. One can only imagine the lengths she's gone to make a pony "smile" and that's being PG about it! When it comes down to it, I'd say she could care less if your male or female as long as you "wanna have a good time".

Based on this Pinkie Pie...

Is bi-sexual as heck...(Knowing Pinkie Pie, I wouldn't be shocked if she's has her share of fun with both male and female ponies...some probably at the same time!)

So there you go, some of the most researched information on the mane six. Did I point out everything? Do I look like I wanted to type out a 10k word essay on this? Hell no!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

twilight-bi(she has a crush on starlight and rarity)

rarity-straight

applejack-straight

pinky-bi(she has a crush on cheess sandwich and rainbow)

rainbow-straight(pinky is her one exseption)

fluttershy-straight

spike-straight

rarity-straight

applejack-straight

fluttershy-straight

spike-straight

rarity-straight

applejack-straight

fluttershy-straight

spike-straight

rarity-straight

applejack-straight

fluttershy-straight

spike-straight