Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Shadows of Equestria

nx9100

Hooligan watched from the rooftops as the first stallion he was pursuing entered the warehouse, "Showtime," he said joyfully. Hooligan teleported down to the door of the warehouse and was about to enter when the voice in his head told him to stop.
"what is it?" asked Hooligan.
"You have to make an entrance," said the voice in his head.
Hooligan slapped himself in the face, "duh."
"and you can't spell entrance without explosion."
Hooligan smiled. He teleported away and returned with a few pounds of C4. He put the explosive on the door and stood back, "this is going to be good." said Hooligan as he detonated the explosives. He walked through the newly made door and grinned, "now thats how you make an entrance."

Edited by Dapper Charmer

Ravage was just getting ready to leave, when a loud blast shook the building.  It took him only a moment to break out of his mental freeze, before he dashed out of the office to the warehouse proper.  The two ponies that were loading the wagon were picking themselves off the ground, still a bit dazed.  "Get that wagon out of here!" he ordered.  "Those could be Royal Guards-"  He broke off, noticing a purple unicorn standing in the remains of the doorway.  "Who are you?!" he demanded, his read eyes flashing...

-------------

Sakuya nodded.  "Correct.  Less police, and easier access to shipping."  She lead the way through the city, ignoring the other ponies around her.  "Once we kick them out of this place, I can move in and set up my own operation...."

Ravage was just getting ready to leave, when a loud blast shook the building.  It took him only a moment to break out of his mental freeze, before he dashed out of the office to the warehouse proper.  The two ponies that were loading the wagon were picking themselves off the ground, still a bit dazed.  "Get that wagon out of here!" he ordered.  "Those could be Royal Guards-"  He broke off, noticing a purple unicorn standing in the remains of the doorway.  "Who are you?!" he demanded, his read eyes flashing...

Ghost was taken by surprise from the explosion, but braced himself until the warehouse calmed.

That doesn't sound like good news.

He peeked out from behind the open door, and spotted a purple unicorn at the exploded doorway. Curious, he glided through the darkness and perched back on the stack of crates.

This should be interesting. Alright Officer Purple, what do you plan to do?

"Who me?" Said Hooligan as he brushed himself off, "I'm no pony in particular. I just saw two stallions heading here and I thought I'd come join the party." He looked around the room, "I have to say though this place is looking kind of drab. I can fix that." Hooligan teleported away and returned with a handful of balloons, "There we go," he said as he released the balloons into the air.

"I think he wanted to know your name." said the voice in Hooligan's head.

"Oh right," Hooligan teleported beside the stallion, "Well good sir my name is Hooligan and I am mighty famished," He teleported back to the door. "Teleporting will do that to you. So have you got anything to eat? Maybe some pickles? I could really go for some pickles."

Sakuya nodded.  "Correct.  Less police, and easier access to shipping."  She lead the way through the city, ignoring the other ponies around her.  "Once we kick them out of this place, I can move in and set up my own operation...."

"uh-huh...neat." caliber plodded along behind her, letting her lead him. "your own operation, huh? and i assume that ill be a part of it, right?"

he was thinking.

'what am i doing? i cant get involved with someone like her. granted, yes, i do need bits...but other then that, im just going with her because she promised a fight. who knows, she might even be luring me into a trap. i do have a bounty, in appleloosa, after all...' he grinned a little. 'though a fat lot of good that'd do her.'

Hooligan watched from the rooftops as the first stallion he was pursuing entered the warehouse, "Showtime," he said joyfully. Hooligan teleported down to the door of the warehouse and was about to enter when the voice in his head told him to stop.

"what is it?" asked Hooligan.

"You have to make an entrance," said the voice in his head.

Hooligan slapped himself in the face, "duh."

"and you can't spell entrance without explosion."

Hooligan smiled. He teleported away and returned with a few pounds of C4. He put the explosive on the door and stood back, "this is going to be good." said Hooligan as he detonated the explosives. He walked through the newly made door and grinned, "now thats how you make an entrance."

Cresent was jolted awake by the following explosion flying up to only hit the cealing of his hotel room he fell back on the bed groaning "go to the city they said, it'll be nice they said" he then looked up at his alarm clock, and then the phone rang for the welcome desk to wake him up. he answered the phone "I'm up thanks" he said then hung up trying to be nice about it. He shook his head, going to his window over looking the city.

He was looking for what in the hey that explosion came from, not surpriseing he saw winged ponys homing in on the now burning building blocks away but not making its presence known with the smoke fuming from it. He did want to check it out himself honestly but then he remembered the main reason being in the city to follow a lead on his brothers death. He looked back at the clock, he had an hour to get to the very famous mar Octavia's performance. He went towards his suitcase opening it up to see his best jacket he could find for the occasion then looking at the letter

meet me at Octavias next performance here are the tickets, look to the pony to your right and ask 'cider or appels'

-rx   

Cresent still felt nervous, this pony claimed he had a lead on who really killed his brother, and he never met this pony. He looked at his gauntlet, the gauntlet just sat where he left it unfazed or moving by anything, he wondered if he could get a spell for an guid in it. "well this should be interesting" he said talking to it

it didn't answer, the bat pony shrugged putting it on and leaving the hotel room  

It wasn't easy to startle Ravage, but the black-clad pony was startled none the less.  He simply stared at the purple creature before him.  "You want what?" he snarled, his voice returning.  "You came here looking for something to eat?"  Off in the distance, he could hear shouting.  He looked up at the ceiling.  "I will have to deal with you later," he said, while listening to the noise.  "Your little 'entrance' is causing quite a commotion, and know I have to abandon this place.  Looking over his shoulder, he watched as his two workers finally got their wagon out the cargo door.  At least any evidence will be long gone, he thought.  His eyes returned to the masked purple pony, still grinning at him.  Something about that smile seemed awfully familiar.  And his skills with teleportation could be useful.  "We must leave, before this place becomes infested with guard ponies."  He turned towards a ramp that lead up to a walkway circling the room, and past an open window on one wall.  "Come," he ordered, and with a mighty leap, jumped straight up to the walkway.  "Out here.  We can head to the next building to continue this talk..."

------------

"Correct," Sakuya said, as she and Caliber continued down the street.  "That is, if you want the job," she half-smiled at him.  A few minutes trot more, and they rounded a corner to see a row of warehouses lining the street.  She pointed to a smaller one a few doors down, ignoring the shouts and distant commotion from a few blocks away.  "That one," she said, "and it looks like only one guard out front.  They must be over confidant."  There was a single stallion standing outside the loading door, not really paying any attention to anything.  Sakuya turned to Caliber.  "So, consider this your audition," she winked.  "Step one: take out the guard.  Real quiet-like..."

It wasn't easy to startle Ravage, but the black-clad pony was startled none the less.  He simply stared at the purple creature before him.  "You want what?" he snarled, his voice returning.  "You came here looking for something to eat?"  Off in the distance, he could hear shouting.  He looked up at the ceiling.  "I will have to deal with you later," he said, while listening to the noise.  "Your little 'entrance' is causing quite a commotion, and know I have to abandon this place.  Looking over his shoulder, he watched as his two workers finally got their wagon out the cargo door.  At least any evidence will be long gone, he thought.  His eyes returned to the masked purple pony, still grinning at him.  Something about that smile seemed awfully familiar.  And his skills with teleportation could be useful.  "We must leave, before this place becomes infested with guard ponies."  He turned towards a ramp that lead up to a walkway circling the room, and past an open window on one wall.  "Come," he ordered, and with a mighty leap, jumped straight up to the walkway.  "Out here.  We can head to the next building to continue this talk..."

Ghost watched as the large black-clad stallion stopped in front of the purple pony...and seemed to have a chat with them.

Hmm, what's going on here, then? An alliance, perhaps?

He could see in his peripheral vision that things were starting to regain some kind of order, with the cart ponies gathering their...stuff, for lack of a better word, and left.

The large stallion proceeded to leap up to the walkway and toward the window the sneaky pegasus had entered through before. He was motioning for the purple one to follow.

Where do you two think you're going? He snickered internally, waiting for the two to make their departure before he silently pursued them to the next building.

@@nx9100,

"Guard ponies?" Said Hooligan, "I say the more the merrier,"

"Hey numbskull," said the voice in his head, "if guard ponies arrive they'll arrest you on the spot,"

"Oh yeah, I forgot guard ponies don't like fun, or explosions, " he teleported up beside the black clad pony, "Fine I'll come with you. But it's not because you ordered me to."

"But it does kind of look like you're doing it because he ordered you."

"I don't care what it looks like, I'm only following him to get way from the guards."

"and he might have pickles."

"Right and he might have pickles. Wait!" he looked at the black clad pony, "do you have pickles?"

"Correct," Sakuya said, as she and Caliber continued down the street.  "That is, if you want the job," she half-smiled at him.  A few minutes trot more, and they rounded a corner to see a row of warehouses lining the street.  She pointed to a smaller one a few doors down, ignoring the shouts and distant commotion from a few blocks away.  "That one," she said, "and it looks like only one guard out front.  They must be over confidant."  There was a single stallion standing outside the loading door, not really paying any attention to anything.  Sakuya turned to Caliber.  "So, consider this your audition," she winked.  "Step one: take out the guard.  Real quiet-like..."

"..." caliber was quiet for a few moments. "alright, if i absolutely have to kill him to have everything go nice and easy...oh, and one more thing...i have a fairly straight-forward way of doing things like this."

he started to simply walk straight towards the stallion, with a slow walk. the moment the guard took notice, he started to open his mouth. presumingly to either tell caliber to leave, or alert the ponies inside.

caliber's sword was suddenly flying through the air with deadly accuracy. 

it was over in seconds. the guard hadn't even had time to raise the alarm, and slumped to the ground with the sword sticking out of his skull. oddly enough, the sword didnt make a sound.

without a word, caliber retrieved his sword, and trotted back to sayuka. "what next?"

(...well, it WAS quiet-like.)

• Brohoof 1

@@Dapper Charmer,@@Unicorncob,

Ravage stared at Hooligan.  Who does he keep talking to?, he wondered.  Is he wearing a radio?  But the way the other moved, the casualness of the conversation...  Or perhaps, a voice in his head, he thought.  It wouldn't be the first time he'd encountered an 'insane' pony.  That could be a problem, but I will let my master make the choice.  "I don't have any pickles," he answered, while quickly moving across the rooftop to the far side.  "But I could arrange for some.  Tell me," he turned back to lock his red eyes on Hooligan, "what is it you do?  Or are you currently looking for a job?"  

---------------

She watched Caliber take out the guard in silence.  Quick and to the point, isn't he?, she thought.  "That will work," the mare replied to him, "but if you don't want to kill, depending on the situation simply knocking them out would work."  She stepped up to the door, ignoring the former guard.  "Step two: we make an entrance.  Catch them by surprise."  She smiled.  "Should just be a few ponies inside packing crates.  They run a black market operation out of here, one that I want to take over. So," she gave him a stern look, "try not to damage any merchandise.  Just burst in and hopefully we can scare them off.  Any who try to fight," the wicked smile returned, "are all yours..."

@@nx9100 @@Dapper Charmer

Ghost kept to the shadows as he stalked the two stallions, an eyebrow raising beneath his mask as the purple one...seemed to be talking to himself.

I suppose Manehattan has all sorts. He snarked internally.

He pulled his hood down a bit more to blend into the dark, creeping closer to listen in to the conversation.

@@nx9100,

Hooligan followed the dark clad pony over the rooftops, "to answer your first question," said Hooligan, "I'm sort of between jobs at the moment. You know a bit of this a bit of that."

"Don't forget your work in the field of psychiatry," said the voice in his head.

"Yes you're right," he said looking off to the side. He turned back to the lack clad pony, "I'm also a licensed psychiatrist. So if you ever have a problem my door is always open."

"What about his second question?"

"As for your second question, I am looking for a job. That is of course if you're offering?"

Edited by Dapper Charmer

Device was awakened by a loud noise she saw nothing so she looked around at her surroundings to only to see it was perfectly calm noting that nothing seemed to have made the noise she then turned to see Mech passed out on his desk so she shook him awake.

"huh what?" Mech said as he sat up quickly. then turned to Device and smiled."Guess you are feeling better."

"I feel great but i thought i heard a noise." Device said looking away and out of the window.

"I see your enhanced hearing is working. now we need to test your other enhancements later now we need to see if you can still fly correctly." Mech said tossing Device a purple jacket."That is your flight suit it is designed to protect you from harm both magical and physical but it does have limits so be careful."

After putting on the flight suit Device takes to the air flying with ease as she flew through the night sky.then something buzzed in her ear scaring her sending her crashing into a nearby theater causing a slight panic of the ponies around her as some rushed over to check on her.

Edited by Scare Effect

Device was awakened by a loud noise she saw nothing so she looked around at her surroundings to only to see it was perfectly calm noting that nothing seemed to have made the noise she then turned to see Mech passed out on his desk so she shook him awake.

"huh what?" Mech said as he sat up quickly. then turned to Device and smiled."Guess you are feeling better."

"I feel great but i thought i heard a noise." Device said looking away and out of the window.

"I see your enhanced hearing is working. now we need to test your other enhancements later now we need to see if you can still fly correctly." Mech said tossing Device a purple jacket."That is your flight suit it is designed to protect you from harm both magical and physical but it does have limits so be careful."

After putting on the flight suit Device takes to the air flying with ease as she flew through the night sky.then something buzzed in her ear scaring her sending her crashing into a nearby theater causing a slight panic of the ponies around her as some rushed over to check on her.

After giving up of getting a taxi he decided to fly to where he was going to meet the answer to the letter, As he flew he realized the citys wasn't as big as he thought. Just that there were so many tall buildings, seeing other pony's fly around him made him feel a little clastraphobic. Then he noticed one mare with odd wings he hasn't seen before, then saw her drop to one of the many buildings. As she fell he realized it was the theater he was looking for. He dived for it thinking he might be abel to help, but no luck. He landed smoother then the mare and tried to get to her for sake of seeing if she's safe. 

After getting through the crowd he looked at the crashed mare, her blood flow was sounding low, he was beginning to think he was bad luck

"heck of a fall, you alright?" he asked the mare

@@cwhip9

Device looked at the bat pony who came to see if she was okay. "Yeah i'm fine I just haven't flown in a while need to get used to them again." Device said while picking herself up and dusting herself off. "My name is Device by the way. whats your name by the way?"

@@cwhip9

Device looked at the bat pony who came to see if she was okay. "Yeah i'm fine I just haven't flown in a while need to get used to them again." Device said while picking herself up and dusting herself off. "My name is Device by the way. whats your name by the way?"

"Cresent," said the bat pony noticing the crowd seem to increase, what was up with this town?

"something tells me a good pasta place we could find will help get used to the wings. then again im a complete stranger to this place so you might know of one that wont involve crashing into" he said jokingly

@@cwhip9

Device let out a laugh at Cresent's joke. "You are right i know one near here that has awesome food if you want to go I wouldn't mind the company." Device said with a cheerful smile before she took to the sky again and hovered there waiting for Cresent's response.

@@Unicorncob,@@Dapper Charmer,

"A psychiatrist?" Ravage asked, a bit of surprise in his voice.  "Well, I do not believe we need one of those.  However," he eyed the other, "you seem to be rather skilled with teleportation.  That could prove to be useful skill.  Come."  He jumped off the side of the building onto a fire escape.  From there, he launched himself towards the next wall, pushed off it back to the first wall, pushed off that, and continuing this pattern made his way back to the ground.  Taking but a moment to recover, he looked back up at Hooligan...

@@nx9100 @@Dapper Charmer

Ghost continued to listen to the conversation between the two stallions. What would this big guy want with a psychiatrist?

Ah, teleportation, he muttered internally, That makes sense. Sometimes I wouldn't mind that ability myself...but, leaping and gliding is more fun.

He waited until the two had left the rooftop before making his move, creeping soundlessly across the space and onto the top of the fire escape for a good view below...

@@nx9100,

"Just like a stallion," said Hooligan as he teleported beside the black clad pony, "you only want me for my teleportation. Why can't you just like me for my personality or my mind."

"I think it's cause your mind is sort of in shatters." Said the voice in his head.

"That true I suppose. But I must disagree when you say you don't need a psychiatrist. I mean look at those red eyes. It's clear you're suffering from a deep seeded inferiority complex. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say your second in command to some big bad leader type pony. Am I right?"

The other ponies on the train looked in bewilderment at a particular silver coated pony with stag horns. The stares followed him as he alighted from the train as his stop at manehatten.

"Ah, glorious manehatten! Where i can burn all my bits on shit i'll never use! The city that never sleeps!"

He took a deep breath, tasting the cool night air.

It tasted like exhaust and perfume.

"And where my magic is weakened."

The urban smell reminded Enzo of the purpose of his...'Holiday'

"Look, this is called 'resistance training'. Think of how strong your magic would be back home once we are done with this."

Enzo turned to Khris, his sentient, talking sword, who was in his sheath at his side, his tassle wrapping around his neck like a scarf. He sighed in resignation: as a spirit of a learned unicorn, Khris was far more experienced in the field of magic than Enzo after all. Brightening up again at the promise of power,  the stag retrieved a tourist's guide from a nearby stand.

"If i want to get into situations where i get to train my magic, i ought to find the local mafia first. Manehatten should be the one city in equestria with a mafia."

Fanning open the pamphlet in front of him with his magic, he glazed over the exciting activities the city had in store for him.

"Watch the ponytones at Magnum's bar and- nah, i don't have an ID"

Enzo's eyes jumped to the other end of the pamphlet.

"Enjoy up to 90% off on the latest fashion trends-"

"We don't wear clothes"

'Spoilsport', Enzo muttered under his breath as he scanned through the article.

"Big stink's cheese emporium..."

His eyes lit up

"Definitely saving this for later."

Finally, his eyes came to rest on a full page advertisment.

'Manehatten theatre: Catch the beautiful Octavia Philharmonica Melody perform live on stage!', with a picture of a gray earth pony with a cute pink bowtie covering half the page.'

"Well, we have a winner"

"Agreed, there is always mafia shit at fancy performances. Mafias love fancy performances."

After letting Khris memorize the pamphlet, he crumpled it up and threw it into a nearby recycling bin, gotta save those trees after all.

"Well, to manehatten theatre it is then", Enzo told Khris, already outside the train station. Then, he paused.

And promptly facehoofed

"We need a map"

And thus began the pony's walk of shame back into the train station.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------8===D----------------

The stag calmly strode into the crowd gathered outside the hall. He needed a way into the theatre. He needed a ticket. He needed money. And more importantly, he had a plan.

"Somepony has stolen my ticket!"

His voice carried over the rabble of the crown, causing a select number of ponies to look into their purses, wallets, saddlebags, hair (wtf?), etc to check if their ticket was still there

The stag smiled at this: Now he knew where to look.

'We'll need to get some food'

"Terribly sorry sir", he apologized, after bumping into a white unicorn with a monocle, Khris's dexterous Hand-like end of his tassel stealthily swiping the stallion's wallet.

'Might as well have some luxuries while we are at it'

"My apologies, miss" he mumbles, as he brushes past a white unicorn with a gaudy purple mane, leaving the encounter with a purse.

@@cwhip9

'Now we can't forget about the main event'

"Sorry about that, sire" he apologized once more, as he tripped and brushed against a gray bat-pony with an orange mane.

The stallion then quickly vanished into the crowd, a gold ticket hidden in his scarf.

@,

Device saw what just happened from her position in the air above the crowd. "hey get back here thief!" Device called as she took off after the strange pony catching up pretty easily. "Those things aren't yours." she said landing in front of the thief. "If you needed a ticket you could always buy one not steal it. but i see you have no money due to you also snatching a stallion's wallet and a mare's purse. so just give me those things back and I will personally buy you a ticket, But if you refuse I will have to place you under arrest for stealing." Device said in a calm voice.

Cresent was about to fly up with device when he was knocked by the stailon. Sensing something missing he checked himself to find his wallet gone. "son of a" he looked around the crowd, He saw Device land in front of the thief and cresent lept above the crowd landing on the pony gauntlets black blade pressed against the muzzle of the would be thief "I'd listen to her, the only thing that stopped him sending the blade home was hearing devices words towards the thief.

Enzo took his time to analyse the situation. Khris and him linked minds:time seemed to stop as they discussed their situation.

"A magical gauntlet from the bat-pony, easy enough."

"That pony, her wings are odd"

"Very much so, let's check it for magic."

"Magic runs throughout her whole body... a cyborg?"

"It would appear so. This is a good opportunity to practice your magic."

Time resumed it's flow. The runes on Enzo's horn glowed slightly with a pulsing blue light. Then all hell broke loose when he cast the spell.

'Ya know, when your talent is magic manipulation, it has plenty of... uses in beating technology'

The magic disuption spell caused the gauntlet's blade to fizzle out. Crescent yelped as he was swiftly bucked off.

'A delicate circuit with a hard exterior. They never protect their insides...'

"I have NO IDEA how to beat this guy"

"Just disrupt the magic in the circuits at a random spot"

Enzo's horn burst to life once again as he liberated the magic from device's wing, and watched in interest as the wing started spasming, drawing the attention of the ponies around her.

'Roll 20, critical hit! Bravo!''

Seizing the opportunity to escape, Enzo turned tail, the crowd parting for his departure. Quickly stuffing his loot into his saddlebags, he started spinning Khris, and once he reached and open area, launched the sword, letting it fly through the air, the blue tassel extending from the pommel.The sword flew true and embedded himself on the roof of the theatre, a frost buff freezing it in place. The tassel retracting, Enzo was brought sailing through the air, landing next to the sword on the roof of the building.

(  if you're confused, he's using khris as a grappling hook. His tassel extends )

Knowing that the thestral and the terminator pony were after him, he waited on the roof for them: He wanted to fight in an open space, not through some ventilation shaft.