Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So what's up with FOX news?

handalerc

handalerc here, but forget about that becuase i am mad! not at anti-bronies, not at people like "Dylan the hacker" but alas i am looking at the thing many a redneck use for fuel for anti-bronys. FOX news. Being British makes things hard to hear about things like this but when i watched balled of the brony last night i was shocked to here about what fox news says (i would make a what does the fox say joke but nah.) it was somewhere in the 40:00 mark when he showed a clip of FOX news talking about MLP: FIM makes people jobless because they quit their jobs to watch it! anyway rant over!

• Brohoof 4

FOX news also says that Dark Souls is the cause of all racism and school shootings in America...

This sounds like something you would hear from the Onion, except that the Onion is a satire.

• Brohoof 10

@@handalerc

Just letting you know that I moved your topic to Sugarcube Corner as it deals with bronies and the fandom.

Thanks. :)

• Brohoof 3

Are people still taking Fox news seriously? The fact that idiots believe Fox news (and even hilariously call it the "real" news) shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. Too many idiots live in this world to pay mind to. I just ignore idiots who legitimately believe Fox news is fact, or even promoting stories that need to be promoted.

Meh, FOX News is a collective of clowns thinking they are a serious news source >_> . Best weapon against them, is to make fun of them, as the well dressed and non-makeup wearing clowns they are  :P

• Brohoof 1

I had a whole rant on Fox typed out, but I deleted it, because I'm not in the mood to really go into everything that's wrong with Fox.

Suffice it to say that Fox News has this idea that America exists as a 1950's Christian nation, where gender roles aren't challenged, and women, minorities, and homosexuals should be ashamed of themselves for not being the white male master race. Bronies fly in the face of that image, because we're geek culture dudes liking something that isn't strictly meatheaded masculine, and it sends them into a rage of blaming Obama.

wow, this was the non rant version?  

I honestly do not see any difference between Fox News and any other news network based in America, ABC, CNN, MSNBC. Truth be told (From a Russian standpoint at least.) The political differences in America do not seem all that different, at least in terms of foreign Policy. Although it is all about perspective. Other national political leanings will look different compared to your own. 

So basically, I dont see why Americans seem to HATE that station but none of the other ones.

• Brohoof 2

Fox News isn't perfect, but unlike other news outlets it actually HAS some variation. Sure you have nut-cases like Huckabee and Hannity but at least you Stossle and O'Rieley.I just have to say that even though it's far from perfect, the few trustworthy newsmen who make the place worth while are infinitely more trustworthy than the progressive thought police of CNN and NBC.

• Brohoof 2

I honestly do not see any difference between Fox News and any other news network based in America, ABC, CNN, MSNBC. Truth be told (From a Russian standpoint at least.) The political differences in America do not seem all that different, at least in terms of foreign Policy. Although it is all about perspective. Other national political leanings will look different compared to your own.

So basically, I dont see why Americans seem to HATE that station but none of the other ones.

This is why I get my American news from the BBC and other foreign news sources. But the answer to your question BD is tribalism, simple tribalism. It is actually pretty rampant in politics, sports, and hobbies.

And yes this is old news. Fox got off this bandwagon as they are starting up pre primary coverage.

FOX News is one of the least reliable news stations in America.

All of them lost some credibility after the Boston Marathon bombing coverage. None are reliable and all focus on Op Ed and analysis.

• Brohoof 1

This is why I get my American news from the BBC and other foreign news sources. But the answer to your question BD is tribalism, simple tribalism. It is actually pretty rampant in politics, sports, and hobbies.

And yes this is old news. Fox got off this bandwagon as they are starting up pre primary coverage.

I dont know. BBC sort of has been practicing the same stuff. Granted Pravda, RT, RI, and Sputnik do the same thing. (But at least we are in the right. >:3)

I dont know. BBC sort of has been practicing the same stuff. Granted Pravda, RT, RI, and Sputnik do the same thing. (But at least we are in the right. >:3)

Yeah they do it for their own national coverage plenty, but tend to stick to specifics on coverage of US interests. Al Jazeera can also nail some things pretty well.

Neither seem to lose their heads over geek culture items like the relatively ancient Fox News Brony rants.

Yeah they do it for their own national coverage plenty, but tend to stick to specifics on coverage of US interests. Al Jazeera can also nail some things pretty well.

Neither seem to lose their heads over geek culture items like the relatively ancient Fox News Brony rants.

I dont even focus on Al Jazeera, but I have my suspicions.

The only news program here that is totally out is either Pravda. (VERY sensationalist. Used to be huge here too. Sad really.) and Dozhd, which suggested that the Nazi Army would have spared the people in Leningrad if we just surrendered it. Kinda stupid folks...

Edited by Boyevyye De

FOX news also says that Dark Souls is the cause of all racism and school shootings in America...

This sounds like something you would hear from the Onion, except that the Onion is a satire.

Remember what they said about the first and third Mass Effect games?

That was hilarious.

To be honest though, I only go on that channel merely to watch Stossel and nothing else.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I am screaming "source" from the rooftops of every building in town.

I found the full segment.

Their mention of Dark Souls really is that brief (stupid, but brief), and yet every other video I found on the matter cited P4R as a source when they ranted about FOX. So, I decided to do some digging of my own.

More specifically, I clicked on another story listed in P4R's site. http://www.p4rgaming.com/interview-with-capcoms-12-year-old-art-director-for-street-fighter-v/

P4RGaming is actually an Onion clone that specializes in gaming. The "transcript" was a joke that somehow got taken seriously. FOX News never actually blamed Dark Souls for racism and school shootings.