Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apply to be a moderator

Jeric

I have applied for a spot. I think i have what it takes for the job and i think it will teach me a bit more about having responsibilities.

Good luck to everybody else as well. I won't be sad if i don't get the job. :)

• Brohoof 3

Whaddya mean, I'm not gonna be the new kid anymore? Not sure if I should be pleased or irritated that my spot is going to be taken.

Anyways, best of luck to all who apply! :D

Well don't worry, there will be another kid who gets to be the new kid that will have to fit in.

Good luck to that new kid who will have to.  ;) 

• Brohoof 2

I did too. Took my time, did my best to beeing honest. I DID mistakes here in the past, I'm very aware of it. But everypony can change. I know people here, who where a year ago completly different in personality then today. I also see it as a chance, to get more responsibility. Something you will need later in real life too. I'm used that there are good and bad times here, that's not the problem for me. Also have still around 7 hours daily to help here, if nothing else, besides work, happens. I'm most of my free time here anyway, it shouldn't failed trough not enough times XD

But at the end, everypony gives there best to apply and I'm sure the staff knows who fits in for this. If it's me, great, ready to help as best I can. If not, then it is and I keep going beeing active around here normally.

To all, good luck :love:

• Brohoof 3

So if I sign up for it, you guys will choose who will be the moderator??

Should you apply, your application will be reviewed by the staff. We'll take many factors into account before deciding whether we move an applicant on to the next step or not.

@ Everyone else, good luck with your applications. I can't reiterate enough that you all need to take your time with the application, remember to treat the application as if you were applying for a real world job.

• Brohoof 5

I would very much like to be moderator but I'd have to learn the rules off by heart. I'd be a little nervous to apply too... It doesn't help that I'm quite young and haven't been around very long, but I'm very likely to stay for a very long time and often be around to do my job whenever I need to. Hmm... I want to apply, but I'm not sure if I'd do a great job. I mean, as you said Jeric, you'll be guided on what to do, and I often pick up things easily, but I'm still not quite sure. I'll have a look at the form, I guess.

• Brohoof 1

Eh, might apply. I have a lot going on in real life, but I also like helping out with stuff like this. Sooo...maybe not. Dunno yet.

*quietly brushes previous experience as Poniverse staff under the rug*

• Brohoof 1

Hey evrypony, i have a question, how can i apply for this and how is mu applicaiton supposed to look like? (just quick question, i read it all but i just dont understand certain parts, its my autism)

It's exactly like mine, just a little more complex....

• Brohoof 2

Hey evrypony, i have a question, how can i apply for this and how is mu applicaiton supposed to look like? (just quick question, i read it all but i just dont understand certain parts, its my autism)

First of all, click on the NEXT HYPERLINK

From there, you basically must write the answers to the questions that it shows you in the boxes, and once you are done, press Submit. Also, when you are applying, try to write your answers as clear and complete as possible.

I would very much like to be moderator but I'd have to learn the rules off by heart. I'd be a little nervous to apply too... It doesn't help that I'm quite young and haven't been around very long, but I'm very likely to stay for a very long time and often be around to do my job whenever I need to. Hmm... I want to apply, but I'm not sure if I'd do a great job. I mean, as you said Jeric, you'll be guided on what to do, and I often pick up things easily, but I'm still not quite sure. I'll have a look at the form, I guess.

Why don't you give it a try anyways? One of our heads, specifically the head of Poniarcade is 14 years old, and we also had sectional staff members which were as young as 13 years old. As long as you do show a good level of maturity and you asnwers to the questions properly, you can be taken into consideration. Also, you don't hurt anyone for trying, you may have luck or you may not, but nobody keeps you from trying.

• Brohoof 5

How long would it really take for you guys to answer and get back to all of the applications.

Depending on the discussion regarding your app ... I'm shooting for a week. Last year it took forever. It doesn't take long to say 'want an interview?' Or 'not this go around'.

Currently the API set up to retrieve the applications is sleeping though :P

• Brohoof 3

First of all, click on the NEXT HYPERLINK

From there, you basically must write the answers to the questions that it shows you in the boxes, and once you are done, press Submit. Also, when you are applying, try to write your answers as clear and complete as possible.

Why don't you give it a try anyways? One of our heads, specifically the head of Poniarcade is 14 years old, and we also had sectional staff members which were as young as 13 years old. As long as you do show a good level of maturity and you asnwers to the questions properly, you can be taken into consideration. Also, you don't hurt anyone for trying, you may have luck or you may not, but nobody keeps you from trying.

I applied, thanks for the quick response!

• Brohoof 2

Whaddya mean, I'm not gonna be the new kid anymore? Not sure if I should be pleased or irritated that my spot is going to be taken.

Anyways, best of luck to all who apply! :D

Don't take it too much to heart.

For the unlikely event that i should be chosen, i will make a request to the staff, that you remain new kid for life. ;)

• Brohoof 3

Don't take it too much to heart.

For the unlikely event that i should be chosen, i will make a request to the staff, that you remain new kid for life. ;)

No thank you. I like to get older, bolder and colder. Naivety is only good for a short period of time. ;)

Besides, I've had enough new kid experience in my life.  :maud:

• Brohoof 2

B) I just submitted my application! Can't wait for the response... Although I doubt I'll be chosen, hahah. Better keep my hopes up though, there's no use in doubting myself. Thank you for the encouragement, Lightwing! :)
  • Brohoof 3

No thank you. I like to get older, bolder and colder. Naivety is only good for a short period of time. ;)

Besides, I've had enough new kid experience in my life.  :maud:

Well, okay then.

Become old and grumpy, instead of staying ignorant and blissful. :P

(I should stop now. This is going off-topic.)

• Brohoof 2

Well, might as well throw my hat into the ring. Unfortunately I have RA training from right about now until probably 7PM PST. Any chance we could keep the app open until tonight?  :wub:

• Brohoof 1

I've considered applying to be a moderator many times in my years here but i've always felt as-though there are probably better choices for the position  :derp:

Maybe next time round i'll apply, best of luck to all those who do apply though!  B)

I am the living proof that this system works. Apply while you can, because they won't be nice 24/7/365 </3

But now in a more serious and less sarcastic tone, I wish good luck to people that applies to be a moderator.sig-4007590.sig-4007590.sig-4005570.sig-

sig-4007590.sig-4007590.sig-4005570.2964

I'm sending another one just because of this. 

I must also thank you for this gif, its going to provide me with hours of fun trying to find songs that sync up to it :D

Edit: Da Funk by Daft Punk, if you time it right will sync very well ;)

Edit 2: Robot Rock by Daft Punk fits well enough to make me chuckle :P

• Brohoof 3

What if I made a joke application just to get the Flash name and avatar because it'd be funny? 

For real though, my app is serious.

• Brohoof 1

What if I made a joke application just to get the Flash name and avatar because it'd be funny?

[0:59:23] Lightwing: I'm sending a joke application to see if you  really do that.
[0:59:36] Jeric: I am dead serious about that
[0:59:46] Lightwing: And I am dead serious too.

Try under risk. Jeric is no joke. D:

Thank you for the encouragement, Lightwing

I try my best, and I hope it goes well for you. sig-4001809.sig-3888922.emoticon-0157-su
  • Brohoof 6

[0:59:23] Lightwing: I'm sending a joke application to see if you  really do that.
[0:59:36] Jeric: I am dead serious about that
[0:59:46] Lightwing: And I am dead serious too.

Try under risk. Jeric is no joke. D:

I try my best, and I hope it goes well for you. sig-4001809.sig-3888922.emoticon-0157-su

*Begins weighing his options* Hmmmm, are the laughs truly worth it? The real question is how long would it remain funny? A few days? Weeks? All Eternity?