Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apply to be a moderator

Jeric

*Begins weighing his options* Hmmmm, are the laughs truly worth it? The real question is how long would it remain funny? A few days? Weeks? All Eternity?

Let's just say I still use the Tommmmmmmmmmm running gag from last year.

• Brohoof 1

Let's just say I still use the Tommmmmmmmmmm running gag from last year.

So all eternity, gotcha. I'm all for a good laugh but being being Flashed that long... yeah. Do it anyway.

Well, submitted my application! Sorry if the answers are a little too length, I thought that it'd be better to have too much rather than too little...Ah well, gave it a shot anyhow. ^^

I won't be applying for various reasons...past stuff when I was a mod on a different pony forum.

Anyway, might be sorta pointless to post here as I'm not applying, but I just wanted to wish everyone who is applying good luck.

So yeah, good luck guys and gals. Most of you here are amazing people anyway, even if I've not talked to you myself. Practically all of the current staff on here are really cool too. So, if more cool people get staff, that'll be even better.

I love you all, even though I haven't been here long and I don't show said love much nowadays.

Edited by Sam Gideon
  • Brohoof 2

ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS. 

The link to the application that you have all completed unfortunately is the outdated one. The old was was considered outdated and led to (in our opinion) the staff to decide to not pursue some applicants who would otherwise have had merit. This was my mistake so perhaps a public flogging is in order. That said, you would significantly assist your chances should you revisit the link in the OP and resubmit the application. Thank you for your patience and for not throwing tomatoes at me.   :(

• Brohoof 2

Is high activity and the amount of posts you have an important deciding factor on this matter?

Post count no. Activity yes.

• Brohoof 2

Thinking about applying despite trying to apply last time but failing. However i have more to put about myself now and more skills :).

• Brohoof 1

Thanks for the quick reply, and hopefully I stand a chance against others.

Just wanted to qualify what I said. We currently have several staff members Sections, Mods, and Admins ... who did not have a high post count when they joined staff. Each one of them I considered valued members of the team and good friends. While not prolific posters, they did read and ... lurk (pun intended) which is actually a very important part of the position. Sometimes listening is more important than talking ... or so my wife says. :P

• Brohoof 3

Just wanted to qualify what I said. We currently have several staff members Sections, Mods, and Admins ... who did not have a high post count when they joined staff. Each one of them I considered valued members of the team and good friends. While not prolific posters, they did read and ... lurk (pun intended) which is actually a very important part of the position. Sometimes listening is more important than talking ... or so my wife says. :P

Well, I hope my name is enough of an indication that I have had my fair share of lurking threads on here. :lol:

What happens if i apply and get in but i then don't want to be apart of the staff anymore?

When bringing on a new staff I always qualify that the interview process on is like a two way 'feeling out period'. At anytime a person could simply say it isn't for them. No bad blood, no ill will. We completely get it wouldn't be for everyone. So ... nothing bad would happen at all. I would likely respect the person more for telling me early vs. hanging on while their heart is just not in it. 

• Brohoof 4

ATTENTION ALL APPLICANTS. 

The link to the application that you have all completed unfortunately is the outdated one. The old was was considered outdated and led to (in our opinion) the staff to decide to not pursue some applicants who would otherwise have had merit. This was my mistake so perhaps a public flogging is in order. That said, you would significantly assist your chances should you revisit the link in the OP and resubmit the application. Thank you for your patience and for not throwing tomatoes at me.   :(

I disagree, tomatoes incoming.