Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apply to be a moderator

Jeric

Are you direct or are you indirect?

Pretty much.

Hm. I normally wouldn't talk about a specific question, but here goes. Each and every member of staff has their own unique way of talking online. Some are almost poetic with elegant manner of speaking. Some are clear and concise, yet extremely detailed. Some are casual, and some are bubbly. There are even those like me, that flex between a rather simplistic casual nature, a direct manner, a legalistic one, and yes even random humor. To be honest, I think professionalism is more than how clever and accurate your words look on the screen. Yes you can be too blunt ... too friendly ... too bubbly ... and too random. 

No communication style is bad in and of it self, and I wouldn't DQ someone because they say that they are direct  ... this question exists to add some flavor and show us what type of communicator you think you are. 

• Brohoof 4

Can someone specify what it means to "describe your communication style"?

The way you talk with someone. Are you more calm and collected, more agressive and impatient, are you direct and in your face, etc.

• Brohoof 1

"If you were asked to deliver negative feedback to this this person, what would be your concerns?"

Could someone clarify what it means by delivering negative feedback please? Is it feedback to the person from another member or mod or is it your own feedback? :huh:

(Also, your grammar is off! :love: )

Edited by DarkHorseBrony
  • Brohoof 1

If I wanted, out of curiosity, to fill in an application and NOT send it, would I be able to? I have no idea why, but I find filling in types of question... thingies like this fun, especially when I have nothing to do, like right now.

• Brohoof 1

Sounds like a good opportunity for anyone with hidden talent. :)

Even if I get denied at least the questions were fun to give thoughtful answers to and good luck to anyone applying! :lol:

At least we tried, after all. :P

Anyways, good luck to everyone and hopefully we all get a chance to shine! :lol:

It also would be nice to see a difference here on the forums and new members getting

"passed down this golden opportunity" (le song reference to Just Gold by Mandopony. Couldn't resist.) As special as this. :catface:

Also if you submit a joke application I will personally change your display name to Flash Sentry and make you wear a Flash Sentry avatar and signature until I no longer find it funny.

I now award Jeric a award for the best mild punishment I've heard of. Better get my popcorn to see dem male Bronies who are waifu crazy for Twily.

large.png

I bet the Flash fans wouldn't mind too much though...

Here have a pony hugging a kitty.

sig-4005566.sig-4005566.sig-4005566.flut

Pusheen cat! :o

full.gif

Edited by 5NightsAtFazbear
  • Brohoof 4

@,

It's basically asking if your friendship or feelings toward the person would get in the way of you doing your job as a moderator. Say a report came in and you're asked to deal with it by warning them and it just happens to involve a friend, could you do it? If not, why? (At least I think this is what It's asking)

@@10InTheTardis,  

Yeah, just don't click submit, whatever floats your boat.

• Brohoof 2

If I wanted, out of curiosity, to fill in an application and NOT send it, would I be able to? I have no idea why, but I find filling in types of question... thingies like this fun, especially when I have nothing to do, like right now.

Why not? No one would know as long as you don't accidentally send it. :wacko:

Even if I get denied at least the questions were fun to give thoughtful answers to and good luck to anyone applying! :lol:

It reminded me of a job interview mixed with a personality test. The questions were quite well thought out.

@@Jeric, you should have included a "best pony" question. Then you could weed out the people who actually like Flash and stick a different Worst Pony onto their avatars.

• Brohoof 5

It reminded me of a job interview mixed with a personality test. The questions were quite well thought out.

@@Jeric, you should have included a "best pony" question. Then you could weed out the people who actually like Flash and stick a different Worst Pony onto their avatars.

My dad takes job interviews all the time and often he askes me for the best answers actually. Applying was exactly like helping my dad. Now that I think about it you're kinda right about it being like a personality test too.

I applause whoever did the questions, pretty good that actually makes you think but also fun like a quiz at the same time.

That best pony question actually sounds like a good idea for a good punishment. Especially if they hate the worst pony with a passion. :P

I can imagine all the Diamond Tiara or Flash Sentry haters around here forced to have such names and matching avatars/siganatures.

• Brohoof 1

That best pony question actually sounds like a good idea for a good punishment. Especially if they hate the worst pony with a passion. :P

I can imagine all the Diamond Tiara or Flash Sentry haters around here forced to have such names and matching avatars/siganatures.

I was talking in context of the OP's mentioning of Flash being the avatar of anyone who submits a joke application. It seems like you took me out of context. Good idea nonetheless, with one flaw - those people could just claim to be changelings! :)

• Brohoof 1

Pusheen cat! :o

sig-4010963.full.gif

THIS MADE ME HAPPY. 

another pusheen fan ;w; 

I am thinking of applying, but I am not sure yet. I don't think I spend enough time on the forums recently to get in. Other things go in too, like how I won't have much time this year (especially early next year). I am not sure that I should apply for a position I may not be able to hold or to carry out consistently. If help is urgently needed, then I will join without hesitation, though. ^-^ 

• Brohoof 1

I've completed the revised questionnaire, did it go through? i'm concerned because the internet cut off while the loading symbol was going in the box.

I only see the first one with the old application.

Also, there are a lot of apps coming in, and some of them are extremely scant. Add as much detail as you can! You'll have far better chances if you overshare than if there isn't enough info. Keep those apps coming guys!

• Brohoof 2

Do you have an idea how long you are accepting applications until?

Usually a few weeks, until the novelty wears off and the number of apps peters out.  AFAIK there's no hard end date.

• Brohoof 5

Sent an app in. I'd love to be part of the moderation team! I want to make this place feel welcoming to everyone ^_^

• Brohoof 1

Maybe each of us should do one of those over the top campaign ads, like we see in the US presidential election.

*Hypnosparkle stands at a beautiful lake during a summer morning*

Hello, i am Hypnosparkle. Have you ever wondered why this forum is always so dead during the hiatus and why it's not using it's full potential? It's because *insert username here* is making this Forum weak and wants to destroy it from within.

*Little dog comes from the background, as i kneel down and pat it*

We need a strong moderator that can lead us through a glorious Brony future. We need somebody, who can kill of the injustice of this Forum.

I am Hypnosparkle and i approve this message. *Grins and gives a thumbs up*

Of course, this is just a parody. :P

• Brohoof 9

I'll submit my updated application when I get back from vacation. That way ill be able to concentrate far more easily and focus on what I'm doing. I'm wondering if my other application would have been accepted or not if it was the current one. Hmm...

• Brohoof 2