Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apply to be a moderator

Jeric

I am surprised how many people are actually showing an interest in becoming mods. makes me comfortable, knowing that the staff can choose from the best of the best. :)

But now they've got a ton of work to do, sorting through all this!

• Brohoof 1

But now they've got a ton of work to do, sorting through all this!

I think Jeric is up for the job. I mean, nobody is a better admin then Jeric. :P

Oh-oh...i feel a song is coming up. :o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNlpuD42_BM

(change the word Gaston to Jeric and you have your result. XD)

• Brohoof 2

One of our heads, specifically the head of Poniarcade is 14 years old, and we also had sectional staff members which were as young as 13 years old.

Wow, we have some mature colts and fillies here. I desperately wish most of the adults I deal with were that mature. We have quite a lot of collective potential and talent in the forums, apparently.

Also, when will applications be taken for Supreme Overlord? I'm more into domination and conquest and feel I would be a great fit for that role. I promise to ban no more than 33% of the userbase for disobedience if I'm chosen/seize power.

• Brohoof 4

Also, when will applications be taken for Supreme Overlord? I'm more into domination and conquest and feel I would be a great fit for that role. I promise to ban no more than 33% of the userbase for disobedience if I'm chosen/seize power.

You can't seize power; we have Friendship on our side! Rainbow Power and all the other great stuff!

• Brohoof 1

So before I start thinking about submitting an application, I have a few questions. Is an interview needed? And if it is does it need to be over skype? And also, if somehow I do become a sectional moderator, would I be able to back out of the position if I needed to?

Edited by Omar
  • Brohoof 1

You can't seize power; we have Friendship on our side! Rainbow Power and all the other great stuff!

Then I should be elected dictator peacefully! *bursts into immature and maniacal laughter*

• Brohoof 2

So before I go and submit this application, I have a few questions. Is an interview needed? And if it is does it need to be over skype? And also, if somehow I do become a sectional moderator, would I be able to back out of the position if I needed to?

I think you aren't forced into this position. I believe if you feel like you don't have the strength to do this anymore, i think it's okay to back down from your position. It's so supposed to make you happy, not the other way around.

• Brohoof 3

When does this close?
When we feel like we reached a point when we have a decent amount of applications and great candidates. 

Unsure as to if the question has been asked, but does the selection process start after the application closes, or during the application's being open? I'm presuming during, based on the wording, but I wanted to make sure, rather than make assumptions.
  • Brohoof 1

Unsure as to if the question has been asked, but does the selection process start after the application closes, or during the application's being open? I'm presuming during, based on the wording, but I wanted to make sure, rather than make assumptions.

Excellent question. Initial screening is concurrent with receiving new applications. It is actually conceivable that interviews may begin while discussions on new apps are occurring.

• Brohoof 5

I think you aren't forced into this position. I believe if you feel like you don't have the strength to do this anymore, i think it's okay to back down from your position. It's so supposed to make you happy, not the other way around.

This!

Someone saying at ANY time, "Man this is not working for me" loses no respect from me at all. If you aren't having fun ... please don't force yourself under some banner of obligation.

• Brohoof 10

Not to be pushy or anything; I know you guys have a ton of work but do you know how long it will take from submitting the application to receiving a response? Sorry if this was already adressed xD

Depending on the discussion regarding your app ... I'm shooting for a week. Last year it took forever. It doesn't take long to say 'want an interview?' Or 'not this go around'.

We have a mod meeting tomorrow night to discuss applications, so it may be even sooner than that.

• Brohoof 7

We have a mod meeting tomorrow night to discuss applications, so it may be even sooner than that.

Cool. I'm actually going away for the weekend, so if I do get chosen I might not be able to get back to you till Sunday night. Just a heads up.:)
  • Brohoof 1

Cool. I'm actually going away for the weekend, so if I do get chosen I might not be able to get back to you till Sunday night. Just a heads up. :)

Real world always comes first. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend, whatever your application turns up.  :icwudt:

• Brohoof 3

Real world always comes first. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend, whatever your application turns up.  :icwudt:

I'm sure I will. Thanks for wishing me well.:) I will be glamping (glamour camping), which is pretty much camping without roughing it (Rarity style camping), and I think a good bunch of people are going, so it sounds like fun. I look forward to finding out the results of the application process when I get back, unless they happen to be posted before I leave.:D
  • Brohoof 2

I'm sure I will. Thanks for wishing me well. :) I will be glamping (glamour camping), which is pretty much camping without roughing it (Rarity style camping), and I think a good bunch of people are going, so it sounds like fun. I look forward to finding out the results of the application process when I get back, unless they happen to be posted before I leave. :D

i have never been camping myself, so i think ill do rarity style first lol, but i do wish u the best of luck with ur trip, and your application

But i do havee a question that comes to mind, are Sectional mods included in All Mod meetings?

• Brohoof 2

Oh god. I am so nervous guys.

sig-4020964.tumblr_inline_n0zzfuAvuH1qaf

• Brohoof 4

I filled out an application, I hope I have the skills and personality your looking for. :D And good luck to the other applicants. :)

Edited by Fleet Admiral Dash

i have never been camping myself, so i think ill do rarity style first lol, but i do wish u the best of luck with ur trip, and your applicationBut i do havee a question that comes to mind, are Sectional mods included in All Mod meetings?

Thank you!:D I wish you the best of luck with your application too. Camping can be fun, but you do have to make a few sacrifices. It's a great way to be in nature, and enjoy the great outdoors, as well as a great low cost alternative to traveling. Nowadays especially, people like to have the comforts of home when they vacation for any purpose, hence the invention of glamping. Technically, the term covers any kind of camping that isn't quite roughing it, but in this case, I'll be staying in some kind of house. Of course, the term glamping is awfully similar to the word glomping, but I won't be dressing up at BronyCAN this year, so I don't think I'll have to worry about that. I guess I should mention I'm going to that too, and it's only a week away.:D

Apologies for getting off topic. Best of luck to everyone who applied to become a moderator.