Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology Problems with Windows 10

Fleur-De-Lis

When I first installed Windows 10, I would be able to connect to the internet at any time, but in the evening it was ridiculously slow. Luckily there are several routers in my house, and for some reason the 5G doesn't cause this problem. However if I were to switch back to the normal connection, it still has the issue.

Additionally, my computer is a Mac, so until the most recent Boot Camp update, I was unable to use the volume keys on my keyboard. Once I got the Boot Camp update, as well as updating Yosemite, I finally have access to my volume buttons again, something I didn't realize I used as heavily as I apparently do. 

Holy crap, during the night time it would do the same thing for me, guess I am not the only one dealing with this problem.

Holy crap, during the night time it would do the same thing for me, guess I am not the only one dealing with this problem.

Even to this date and late into the game? Sheesh what are those jackwagons at Microsoft doing.

We should not be having to deal with inconceivable and seemingly unprovoked problems like this! You shouldn't have random spells of terrible internet speeds for no apparent reason, and I definitely shouldn't have to deal with my start menu randomly breaking for no readily apparent reason!

These start menu problems scare me. After all, when that doesn't work, various important menus for windows 10, especially those for trying to fix it do not work, short of reformatting it from a disc or system restore (which somehow helps; and is thankfully available through the control panel). Because when the start menu (and various other functions related to it do not work) Using the start menu -> settings, and everything within that does not work, not even the personalize options (which give an error message saying files are missing; or something like that).

*edit* After attempting to use the "Reset this PC" option and opt for "clean everything", time and time again, even after restarting, shutdowns and otherwise. It simply tells me "There was a problem resetting your PC No changes were made" So basically, this thing is useless, I am now going to attempt using an ISO I burned to a disc in hopes that it will be enough to FINALLY format this stupid thing and do a clean install of Windows 10. Maybe then, will the stupid thing finally work properly like it is supposed to.

*Edit 2* I finished formatting things (or "resetting the PC" as Windows 10 calls it) wiping my 2Tb hard drive apparently took roughly 8 hours. It seems I did not need to install any drivers for Windows 10, even on a clean installation from ground zero. Windows 10 automatically installed the latest version (of the correct) audio driver, and it seems I did not need to install my LAN card drivers or AMD chipsets (I base this on the fact everything seems to work fine so far, and my Ethernet card works fine despite not installing the drivers for it; as after formatting and installing Windows 7 I had to install the drivers before the Ethernet card would even work.)

So pretty much All I had to do after resetting the PC was install graphics card driver/s, antivirus, and personal programs (like steam, games, browsers, bookmarks, etc.) Oh and personal files like background collections and music. My old wired Xbox 360 controller works fine as a just plug in play (You used to have to install the "xbox 360 companion app" or something like that, just  for it to work on Windows 7). I did have to install the Logitech Gaming Software again for my mouse and headset though, they work fine without it, but full functionality needs that app.

On a similar note, I would like to mention that Windows 10 only saves (and uploads) your current wallpaper for use across all devices.

Edited by Fleur-De-Lis

So with the latest Windows 10 upgrade this December, pretty much all of my issues with W10 went away.

However,

it came with another problem which is even worse than the other ones cause I don't know how to fix it. Also, I'm getting error 0xc000007b whenever I try to launch certain programs. It's really annoying.

When I like, first got my computer it had WIN 8.1 then I like, upgraded to WIN 10 and its so not better at all. Honestly like, with how bad Microsoft is doing right now I will like, ether A: find a way to downgrade to WIN 7 and stay with it even after its unsupported or B: switch to MAC OS.

When I like, first got my computer it had WIN 8.1 then I like, upgraded to WIN 10 and its so not better at all. Honestly like, with how bad Microsoft is doing right now I will like, ether A: find a way to downgrade to WIN 7 and stay with it even after its unsupported or B: switch to MAC OS.

Well you could probably simply purchase Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 somewhere on the internet like Amazon or possibly Newegg, then just install all the updates and ride out the rest of their lifetime (support for the OS, at the very least the security updates)

Honestly instead of Mac OS, I wold sooner recommend Linux, the most popular OS of which being Ubuntu. But hey whatever floats your boat. (Also keep in mind PC gaming is very limited for anything that is not Windows ... or Steam OS.

• Brohoof 1