Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Treble Sketch

Ladies and Gentlecolts!

It has been over a year since the last proper Anthology, and it has been.. Uhh. A very long time. But, the crew have been working very hard lately to bring the latest Anthology to BronyCon. This video was uploaded right after it was aired at BronyCon.

So here it is,

Ponies: The Anthology V

(I'm not affiliated with the Anthology crew, just posting it here for fun ^_^)

• Brohoof 3

, as this topic is geared towards discussion about the Bronydom and its content, I have moved it to Sugarcube Corner.

-----

This is a major letdown for me. Many of the jokes are hit-or-miss, many scenes drag on for too long (the marching band ponies come to mind) and the music filler is everywhere. I will say that I loved the animation scenes as they have a lot of effort put into them, but really, I just had to stop watching midway after being put off by many of the tasteless jokes. Maybe another time the next Anthology will be better...?

Note to self: stay cautiously optimistic rather than join the hype.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 3

The Security, as this topic is geared towards discussion about the Bronydom and its content, I have moved it to Sugarcube Corner.

Okay, next time when I post videos like this. I'll post it to Sugarcube Corner.

Nooooooooooo waaaaaayyyyyy

I love these videos. I didn't even know there would be a new one. I'm gonna watch it right now... I'll be back.

• Brohoof 2

I just finished watching the new anthology and I think it was pretty good. There were some jokes that were funny like the farts as strong as horses, or Applejack's floating eyebrow. There were some jokes or references that I didn't get or didn't know where it was going, but it was pretty good overall in my opinion.

• Brohoof 2

I actually thought it was very good. It was just as good as 2 and 3. I have no idea where the complains are coming from.

• Brohoof 2

My contributions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awuQFtOIBvk

I actually thought it was very good. It was just as good as 2 and 3. I have no idea where the complains are coming from.

Thank you! 

As part of the Anthology team,
I guarantee that a lot of love and effort went into this one from everybody.
I'd easily put this alongside number 2, no question.

This seems like they made one just to make one, and didn't really invest in the video.

Sorry, but you couldn't be further from the truth on both counts. 
Why do you think Anthology IV came out the way it did? That was done to avoid making one just to make one. 
This time around everyone was up for it and gave it their all.

Edited by Luffyiscool
  • Brohoof 2

This one is the weakest entry in the bunch. There are some good bits in here, but you have to slog through a bunch of pmv filler to get to it, and a lot of said good stuff I had already seen because I'm subbed to the people who made them. I can only remember a minuscule number of the shorts in that vid off the top of my head and I literally just watched it.

Others were just down right painful, farts strong as horses? REALLY?? 

Solid Pinks going up the ladder (that needs a full version, someone make the full version, all of my yas), "Screw my house" , rick and morty parody, and a couple others got a laugh out of me, but mostly it was just crickets. 

• Brohoof 1

Saw the premiere @ Bronycon. Honestly it was very meh. I probably wouldn't have laughed all that much if it wasn't for a thousand other people watching with me. It had it's moments. But it wasn't anything all that amazing. 

• Brohoof 1

Blown away by the positive response and buzz the video is generating, Anthology is well and truly back.
Very proud to have been part of this, and many people seem to love it as well. Awesome stuff :)

Looking forward to submitting shorts to the next one.

• Brohoof 1

, as this topic is geared towards discussion about the Bronydom and its content, I have moved it to Sugarcube Corner.

-----

This is a major letdown for me. Many of the jokes are hit-or-miss, many scenes drag on for too long (the marching band ponies come to mind) and the music filler is everywhere. I will say that I loved the animation scenes as they have a lot of effort put into them, but really, I just had to stop watching midway after being put off by many of the tasteless jokes. Maybe another time the next Anthology will be better...?

Note to self: stay cautiously optimistic rather than join the hype.

The point of the Marching Band one dragging on for that long was because it was an "intermission" from the other stuff. 

• Brohoof 1

I feel like there's a general misunderstanding on some level from a few people about what counts as "filler". 

Maybe Anthology just ain't for you? Because this was chock full of good stuff IMO.

I wouldn't write off detractors like that. Like I said before there were some good parts in it, but most of it felt like padding for extra time and was entirely forgettable. compare this to some of the really good spots in the previous incarnations and it just doesn't hold up at all. I still remember the first time I saw Power from the original anthology, before I even considered being a brony, because it was so well done it was one of the things that made me interested in what the fandom had to offer. Hardly anything in this one even broached that caliber of good. 

compare this to some of the really good spots in the previous incarnations and it just doesn't hold up at all. Hardly anything in this one even broached that caliber of good. 

So far, the majority seems to disagree. 

I acknowledge your opinion, but I honestly believe we made something to be proud of. 

• Brohoof 1