Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If The 3 Pony Species Had Stereotypes

DaringDoNot

Ever wondered what it would be like if Equestrian culture was like ours and the main 3 races of ponies had pigeonholes and stereotypes? Here's what I think they would be.

Earth Pony:

- LOVE Sugarcube Corner, especially the coffee and sweets

- Like pony socks, leggings, fashion, etc

- Treat their smart phones like they have a foal

- Obsessed with emojis

Pegasus Pony:

- Don't EVER touch their manes or tails, especially mares

- Take pride in being a pegasus and the ability to fly

- Mares have an attitude and ain't afraid to activate it, especially towards stallions who don't pay for their foals

- Rumored to be faster then Earth and Unicorn ponies, love races and competitions

- Love deep fried foods like an Earth pony mare loves Sugarcube Corner

- Call themselves " pegasistas" due to cultural differences from Earth ponies

Unicorn Pony:

- Work in fields, buck apples, and otherwise have their magic exploited in the poorer parts of Equestria

- Rumor has it that gangs of unicorns run around the shadier areas, ponynap other unicorns, and cut off their horn and sell them for ransom.

- Eat walking tacos, soup, and chili frequently, due to being able to stir the broth/meat with their horn.

- Illegal to use their magic to get into Ponyville, must take train like everypony else

So their you have it, hypothetical stereotypes for each pony. Based on this, I don't think the Mane 6 are stereotypical at all.

• 4 weeks later...

if there where stereotypes in ponysociety the bight go something like this:

Pegasus:

won't think before acting and tekes a lot of risks

Earthpony:

not the smartes of the bunch and a bit slow

Unicorn:

uptied and egocentric/think they are better

Simple effects of disposition often occur in real life due to the nature of how one lives and the decisions you have to make.

For example, even compare different kinds of pilots. An aircraft pilot is typically a bit more casual and calm, since aircraft can fly simply by going fast in one direction. By comparison, a helicopter pilot is typically more cautious, detail-oriented and introspective since helicopters are inherently unstable and depend on extremely careful attention to a number of factors all at the same time to keep them balanced.

Likewise, if flying comes as naturally as breathing, I can see a pegasus typically being quite brash and laid-back like Rainbow Dash, since such a fantastic ability is so easy and free. Similar stereotyping applies for the other races. Risk-takers and adventurers would be the stuff of their kind.

Though I would think that the Earth ponies don't generally have the stereotype of being slow and slow-witted. As with people who are slower, they are generally more cautious, conservative, patient, calculating, and able to accomplish fantastic things through slow, steady, tried-and-true effort. Such would make them excellent gardeners, farmers, miners, engineers, teachers, managers and inspectors.

Unicorns would have a great power in readily weilding magic. I can see how this power might make them develop a superiority complex but more level-headed ones would probably put it to use in exploring their abilities and harnessing the advantages they naturally have in the same way the other races do theirs. They would be inventors, scientists, engineers, doctors and ostensibly leaders towards progress and focusers of culture.

From all of them however, there would be an equal capacity for artistry.

Simple effects of disposition often occur in real life due to the nature of how one lives and the decisions you have to make.

For example, even compare different kinds of pilots. An aircraft pilot is typically a bit more casual and calm, since aircraft can fly simply by going fast in one direction. By comparison, a helicopter pilot is typically more cautious, detail-oriented and introspective since helicopters are inherently unstable and depend on extremely careful attention to a number of factors all at the same time to keep them balanced.

Likewise, if flying comes as naturally as breathing, I can see a pegasus typically being quite brash and laid-back like Rainbow Dash, since such a fantastic ability is so easy and free. Similar stereotyping applies for the other races. Risk-takers and adventurers would be the stuff of their kind.

Though I would think that the Earth ponies don't generally have the stereotype of being slow and slow-witted. As with people who are slower, they are generally more cautious, conservative, patient, calculating, and able to accomplish fantastic things through slow, steady, tried-and-true effort. Such would make them excellent gardeners, farmers, miners, engineers, teachers, managers and inspectors.

Unicorns would have a great power in readily weilding magic. I can see how this power might make them develop a superiority complex but more level-headed ones would probably put it to use in exploring their abilities and harnessing the advantages they naturally have in the same way the other races do theirs. They would be inventors, scientists, engineers, doctors and ostensibly leaders towards progress and focusers of culture.

From all of them however, there would be an equal capacity for artistry.

just to make this clear: i was not talking bad about the races i was just imagening what negative stereotypes they might have on equus

Edited by TerribilisScriptor

I'd say at least four of the mane six fit the stereotypes of their species according to my headcanon and serve as illustrations of them. Well, Twilight is an Alicorn now, but Unicorns appear to be all about magic and grace, and Twilight had the magic part even before becoming an Alicorn. She's an academic who majored in the disciplines of magic and friendship. Rarity on the other hand is a model of the grace and elegance part of being an Unicorn, as well as an aversion to getting her hoofs dirty. I think a combination of both sets of traits would constitute the image other species have of Unicorns. Pegasi on the other hand appear to be known known for being sporty and daring and all about flying. Well Rainbow Dash certainly exemplifies all of those traits. Likewise, I think Earth Ponies are known for being down to earth and industrious with an aptitude for agriculture and other forms of manual labour, particularly tasks that involve getting one's hoofs dirty. Applejack is an example of that archetype.

minor Head Canon  EQ cliché

"Pegasus wild, Earth Pony stubborn, Unicorn crazy"

Possibly also "Canterlot Snot" for unicorns (especially) from Canterlot who think they are better than ponies living elsewhere.

As for slang (all mildly derogatory)

Feather Duster  1) Especially dumb Pegasus (or Pegasus behaving especially according to stereotype) 2) Non Pegasus dating a Pegasus

Ground Pounder Pegasus dating a nonflying pony

Pin Cushion 1) Especially arrogant Unicorn 2) Non Unicorn dating a unicorn

OP's stereotypes are horrible, lol. Unicorns are the high class citizens of equestria. Have you not seen Canterlot?

Earth ponies would be the degenerate species.

Unicorns:

full of themselves

rich

Earth ponies:

always dirty

loud

Pegasi:

reckless

aggressive

• 4 years later...

Some pony stereotypes. (good; bad)

Earth Ponies: diligent, level headed; dirty, mean.

Pegasi: courageous, enthusiastic; annoying, aggressive.

Unicorns: intelligent, well kept; arrogant, snobby.