Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you take any prescription medication?

SolidTwilight

I have had to take many random medications in my life, many of which I don't even remember the names of anymore. I do know I took Lexapro in the past but now I only take one medication, that is Paroxetine. Apparently it is an antidepressant that is supposed to also help with anxiety, both depression and anxiety are major issues with me. Not sure if it is helping any at all but I am only on my first few weeks with it so hopefully it helps in the long run.

Like everyone else here, I too take crazy mind drugs. Just one. Citalopram, only 10 mgs. Was thinking about upping my dosage. But testing out 20 mgs didn't really seem to have much more of an effect, and was kind of... negative at times, so I think I'll just stick to where I am.

I'm not exactly sure what it does other than some vague anti-depressant anxiety stuff, but things seem to be better. So I suppose that it works at that.

Medicine tends to be very potent on me. I just started off on cutting the pills in half and they made me go nuts for the first few weeks. I've been on this medication for a few years now. 

Hasn't there already been a thread on this topic already?

Anyways, I take around three meds.  Mainly for depression/anxiety, it took me a while to find the right ones.

• Brohoof 1

I am currently on 3 different medications. one for my depression and anxiety, one for my vertigo and the other to stop me having babies x'D

However I have stopped taking the pill because I am giving my body a rest, I'm not dating and don't plan on it for a while so don't need it. I am also getting my medication re evaluated, I don't think I need to be on vertigo medication any more and I need stronger anti depressants and anxiety tablets because the ones I am currently on are doing nothing for me and I have been on them years. I am currently supposed to be on the strongest dosage for this medication however I am in the process for weaning myself off of it to start a different medication.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I used too but I recently, about 2 months ago, stopped it. I want to try things off of it. 

My parents don't know however.

My father will be pissed when he finds out.

Edited by Veolala

at the moment, no. In the past and future? Yes and hopefully.

I'm trying to get medicinal cannabis, but it's really difficult to get a hold of despite my eligibility. In the past I used to get intramuscular anti-psychotics, but I quit taking them because I'd rather feel like a human and hallucinate than be a mindless walking corpse.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 16 and was given 3mg of risperidone to take twice a day.

I haven't had an episode in years( obviously when I'm on medication ) so I stopped taking them even though my doctor urged me not to.

The pills made me feel dull.

They made me feel very sick and just made me want to sleep all day( which I couldn't because one of the side effects was apparently a stuffy nose. I can't sleep with both my nostrils clogged up ).

It was horrible! I felt zombified!

But it's been a while since I stopped taking them. I haven't had a single problem since.

I was diagnosed with schizophrenia when I was 16 and was given 3mg of risperidone to take twice a day.

I haven't had an episode in years( obviously when I'm on medication ) so I stopped taking them even though my doctor urged me not to.

The pills made me feel dull.

They made me feel very sick and just made me want to sleep all day( which I couldn't because one of the side effects was apparently a stuffy nose. I can't sleep with both my nostrils clogged up ).

It was horrible! I felt zombified!

But it's been a while since I stopped taking them. I haven't had a single problem since.

This! Man Risperdrone gave me seizures too man. I quit taking them as soon as I was released from observation. I didn't get just the pills though, in addition to the 6mgs a day I got HUGE weekly shots.

Edited by SugarfootWillie
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I do! I take Concerta for my ADHD, Abilify for my severe anxiety/depression and some High blood pressure med. ^^; I also take "as needed" ones that mostly for some of my more moderate anxiety spells that I get.

Edited by Fangirl Mode

I have some sort of migraine meds prescribed but I don't have to take those too often.

I was prescribed Hydrocodone and Demerol after surgery last year. I had to take the Hydros constantly before surgery but stopped very soon after. I also had Zoloft once for depression but it didn't work so I abandoned it. I don't really like to take medications unless it's absolutely necessary. 

• 4 months later...

I take 150mg of Wellbutrin and 20 mg of Prozac each day for my anxiety and depression. I'd rather not be on medication, but I might have another all out breakdown if I stop taking it. Even with the meds, I can barely keep myself together sometimes.