Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Yu-gi-oh discussion thread

Erethiel

-if I tagged this wrong in any way, my apologies-

So, yugioh. That card game that was once on motorcycles! I couldn't find a thread on it already around, and I think I'm not the only one here that likes it. Whether it be the anime, the movies(yes, there are a few), the manga, the animations, or just the plain 'ol card game, here we speak of it. This can also double as a YGO PRO discussion and meet, as well as any fan made cards you make! Just have fun, and play a few rounds of a children's card game, or just remember when Pegasus just was a strong duelist!

Edited by Erethiel
  • Brohoof 2

I loved Yugioh back when it first came out. I remember collecting the cards and had some pretty cool decks. My favorite decks I played would have to be:  Elemental Heroes, Gravekeepers, and a deck revolving around Stardust Dragon. My favorite Yugioh series would definitely have to be 5D's. 

(edited)

Despite the manga being the original, I prefer most of the anime arcs, excluding parts-few and far at that- of 5ds and the duelist kingdom arc. Mostly because Pegasus wasn't -as much- of a gay stereotype-he was less camp gay, and more manipulative mastermind in the manga(the only problem I had was the stereotyping, not the camp gay part). As for 5d, I just liked parts of the manna better. Not sure why. But yeah, I'm really glad this thread started taking off, and I'm looking forward to nostalgia a filled chat with all of you!

Edited by Erethiel

I don't know much about the particular fandom but I do remember some of my favorite monsters.

I love the blue-eyes white dragon and the red-eyed black dragon.

Any fan of Yu-Gi-Oh should get the Millenium Duels game on the ps3 (dunno if Xbox has it). It more or less has every card from Yu-Gi-Oh, GX, 5d & Zexal in it. Alot of there cards i'd never even SEEN before. :P

Bare in mind tho, the AI is a cheating bastard. Later on, it starts using cards that the game won't let you use (even though you can get them) like Mirror Force, Spell Binding Circle or Change of Heart (etc, etc...) the game changers basically. Some have a bad habit of spamming Swords of Revealing Light XD.

I think you can unlock the abilit to get these cards but i'm assuming you have to progress so far in the tournament. Atm i'm stuck on Kiaba and his deck that spams the XYZ Dragons XD

Edited by Malinter

I have always been, and still am, a Yu-Gi-Oh fan. I still collect cards and often duel my friends almost everytime I see them, especially in school.

I am currently using, and re-building, a Red-Eyes Black Dragon based deck that one of my friends built for me. Before the Red-Eyes deck, I had actually used a Blue-Eyes White Dragon based deck that I had made from my own cards.

• Brohoof 1

I have always been, and still am, a Yu-Gi-Oh fan. I still collect cards and often duel my friends almost everytime I see them, especially in school.

I am currently using, and re-building, a Red-Eyes Black Dragon based deck that one of my friends built for me. Before the Red-Eyes deck, I had actually used a Blue-Eyes White Dragon based deck that I had made from my own cards.

Excluding the red-eyes deck(i only have the cards for chaos REBD-BEWD deck in that department), same here! If i knew you, i would challenge thee to duels- with all the decks i can make at once, i can have a 16 great deck tourney, or possibly a 32 deck decent tourney. And that excludes my friends who play! Perhaps we can meet on dueling network orr somesuch, using a copy of our irl decks. All in good fun, of course!