Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

the "Appeal" of EQG, gone up amongest the fandom?

Summer Wish

Would you like the merch more if the dolls actually looked like the characters do in the show? Because although I would never consider buying girls dolls, the fact the dolls and their accompanying art look nothing like the show has always bugged me.

Not really. I'm thinking of getting an eg fluttershy just to see if it's all it's cracked up to be, but I don't know.

I feel like the general response to EQG has improved due to the writing staff/concept. The first movie was blatant fan-pandering, but lacked any real substance. The writing and plot was shiiiiiiiiiiiite, and the entire plot hinged on the fact that Sunny was a rubbish thief. If she had never lost the crown upon re-entering CHS, the whole movie would have been a wash (or a completely different, if not significantly better plot.)

However, with regards to EQG1, the songs were catchy and the character designs didn't suck out loud. Even though Sunset Shimmer was a garbage villain who's clumsiness caused the entire episode, after watching it a second time, I didn't hate it.

Enter EQG:RR - much improved writing, much improved Sunny, much improved music (which was an unexpected boon, since it was already pretty good), and much improved villains. This movie was pretty dope and I'll still throw it on for background noise if there are no streams to monster.

EQG:FG is coming up in about a week. Sunny is pretty much mai waifu, and she seems to be the ringleader this time around. GET. HYPE.