S05:E14 - Canterlot Boutique  

186 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • SIMPLY FABULOUS DARLING

Awwwww what a sweet episo- MERCIFUL CELESTIA, WHAT THE BUCK, IS THAT A MAMA JUNE PONY, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :love:

MqOSU.png

• Brohoof 1

1. Sassy = Jerk@$$ Woobie (meaning you want to smack and hug her at the same time).

2. Those 2 Ponies (the ones who buy the Luna and Celestia dresses) remind me of a certain rock-farmer and party-planner.

3. Dat big mare at teh end, tho.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 2

Fat ponies are now cannon!

Oh that was way beyond fat ponies!  We've seen fat ponies, that weren't no mere fat pony... that was MAMA JUNE PONY!!!!!!!!  :scoots:

1436555235_spl1074225_003_mama-june-zoom

• Brohoof 4

I really dig the concept behind the episode. An artist struggles to maintain a creative spirit and interest in their work after hitting it big and people just want the same thing over and over again, which in and of itself makes that product less special. That's a mature story to explore, and Rarity is the perfect character to do it with.

The episode itself is just alright, though. Takes too long to have a conflict, the song isn't the best, and Sassy Saddles isn't a very memorable character. Perhaps they could have stood to be more subtle about evwryrhing, but it's My Little Pony we are talking about, so that's par for the course.

• Brohoof 6

The hell was up with that ending? Was that really necessary? 

Gonna have to watch this episode again since my computer crashed, but I have to say I really liked this episode. I'm not sure whether to hate or feel sorry for Sassy Saddles, especially since this apparently  isn't the first boutique she's tried to control and take credit for, only to end up running it into the ground. When Rarity finally stood up to her I wanted to cheer "You tell her, Rarity!"

Another great episode.  Wouldn't expect anything less from Rarity.

It was great to get another song in general since we haven't had one this season since Tanks for the Memories and it and it's reprises were the best part of the episode.

I really liked the conflict about creative freedom and how it shows just exactly why Rarity loves her work the way that she does.

Plus the fact that she actually keeps the Canterlot Carousel is great development for Rarity and her goal of becoming a famous fashion designer/ open a shop in canterlot which she has wanted since season 1.

A great way to start off the second half of the season.

Oh that was way beyond fat ponies!  We've seen fat ponies, that weren't no mere fat pony... that was MAMA JUNE PONY!!!!!!!!  :scoots:

1436555235_spl1074225_003_mama-june-zoom

Wow, just wow.... Why on the planet earth would you post that picture?

• Brohoof 1

PONY IS BACK!!!!!

Good episode, nice song (I particularly liked the instrumental melody) and good to have another episode focusing on one of the Mane 6 given how few we've had this season.  Moral was good.  Wasn't huge on the exposition for it but I get it. Also not a fan of Sassy. Overall like I say good but not much else, at least for me anyways. 

Wow, just wow.... Why on the planet earth would you post that picture?

Because sometimes I'm a sick bastard, that way.  :sneer:

• Brohoof 1

I give this episode 10/10, It had a Rarity and it was awesome. I don't understand what was with the ending but this episode was awesome. A new song and Rarity :) :) oh I think I have Rarity on the mind or is it the lack of sleep :P :P :P

I really liked the song, and the theme of artistic freedom was certainly nice. Pinkie's antics at the start got a laugh out of me, and I found that Emo mare near the end oddly amusing. Something about her being an "Emo cartoon horse" is just hilarious.

Other than that, Sassy learned her lesson...quickly. Very quickly. Like "Divine intervention" quick, she just took one look at Rarity doing things her way and was just all "Okay, works for me!", and some of the moments felt kinda forced. That fat pony at the end wasn't really funny, just kinda...weird, the way they put her in there. Some other moments like that too sprinkled in there.

Overall, I enjoyed it. It was entertaining, more Rarity is almost always a good thing. But it had a few things that just kinda bugged me, so not one of my favorites.

Still though...MORE PONIES! FINALLY! :pinkie:

• Brohoof 2