S05:E14 - Canterlot Boutique  

186 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • SIMPLY FABULOUS DARLING

That was simply a fine re-entry into season 5.  Happy ending for everyone!

After watching the episode, I give this a 4 out of 5. The story was pretty good and I liked seeing the new character designs. However, I found Pinkie Pie to be more annoying then entertaining. Did anyone else feel that way or is it just me?

I actually didn't find her to be grating, just her usual.  Unable to understand a lot of play on words, and now I know that there is continuity to Pinkie's steel stomach.

Anyone else see Sassy as an anti-Suri?

I mean, both are jerkish control freaks, but while Suri just does it out of sociopathy, Sassy is heavily implied to have tragic reasons and learns to lighten up in the end.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 3

Did this ever hit close to home for me, granted I am not in a creative field right now (that will change someday though) but it overwhelming me does make me feel much like Rarity did in this episode. Like a mindless drone who has sold out for a quick buck and is having their very life sucked out of them. Currently I am struggling to keep my own creative side going as I have a job and other pressures that are slowly killing me. 

On another note that obese pony is definitely going into this one story idea I have had for a long time involving Rarity though it is a sequel to this other story I have so I will need to finish that one first.

Edited by EarthbendingProdigy
  • Brohoof 1

That was an awesome episode! I loved it! (Even if I missed the beginning xD) Luna's dress was gorgeous *-*

There are more and more mares that looks like Cadence, Fleur de Lys, the one in Princess Spike, Sassy show...

And the fat pony at the end... I couldn't stop laughing xDDD

That mare at the end... Where have I seen her before...?

Oh, that's right.

large.jpg

As for the episode itself, I'll have to watch the episode again once it's uploaded. There were ads on the stream that interrupted the stream which was quite disruptive of the flow. Best I wait for new episodes to be uploaded from now on.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity, why do you never have a bad episode?

Seriously, this was another good episode by Rarity. The moral actually is something, that i was talking about with LZRD WZRD just yesterday. Alot of very talented artists, be it in fashion, or music, or whatever, like to sell their cookie cutter cutout dresses or music, just because it's easy and makes money, while their managers are milking every last bit of emotion out of them, because they like to stand in the spotlight, eventhough his client is the talent.

Twilights mentioning of the princess status was again a nice touch. Some might groan again, but i don't really care.

Also, the song was nice. It wasn't the best song i heard, but it certainly wasn't bad.

All in all, really liked the episode. A good start to the second half. And Raritys undefeated streak goes on. :D

Oh, goody, an obese pony comes in simply to make a joke.

Ha-ha-ha. *eyeroll*

Yeah, that was kinda cheap. :okiedokielokie:

• Brohoof 3

Equestria is such a bright place. She was such a rebel I can't help but love her. Also, Maud vibes.  :wub:

Yes the maud vibes are very real!!!!!!

I loved some of the ponies in that episode and the song was good too. Also, don't forget.

TeW9OLf.pngCvspXch.png

COtvDQIWIAANDEz.png

Oh my dear Celestia!!! You are right!!!!!!!

• Brohoof 2

That pony who bought the "Over the Moon" dress, she reminds me of Maud. Now that I think of it, they've probably got the same voice actor. It seems they went a bit more into the whole "real people" variety in this episode.

Sassy was very flat as a character. No real development there, and I felt like the entire episode was revealed right from the start, don't you think? It was quite obvious what was going to happen as soon as Sassy opened that door. The fat pony, that was just insanely awkward. Not funny at the least. I feel like the writers are messing with us at this point.

But horses, always more horses.

• Brohoof 3

Solid Rarity episode, I liked it. It had a nice song and a good resolution that made sense, except for how Sassy learned her lesson so quickly.

I loved Pinkie at the start of the episode, but everything she did after that got annoying. Just my opinion.

And I don't get the fat pony at the end. It was kinda funny I guess, but what was the point? Couldn't they have done the same joke with a normal sized pony? It was strange and redundant.

• Brohoof 1

I loved some of the ponies in that episode and the song was good too. Also, don't forget.

TeW9OLf.pngCvspXch.png

COtvDQIWIAANDEz.png

The writers... What were they thinking? This stuff was supposed to be contained in the 100th episode only.

• Brohoof 1

Nice episode... glad to finally have another Rarity-focused tale! Wouldn't say it was perfect though... :pout:

Okay, well, it certainly wasn't all bad- Rarity finally fulfills her dream, we get a good montage song, man that voice always lights up my face... plus overall the episode was very good looking in terms of visuals(obviously). But that new character, Sassy Saddles, just not likeable, even with that heel(hoof?) turn at the end. Sucked some of the fun out of the episode for me. Also felt the episode was lacking in entertainment value- it just lacked a sort of energy to it, it's hard to explain. Pacing could've been better too, since the moral felt more rushed than usual imo. And that one pony at the very end, what were they thinking with that? Geez... :huh:

I may be a huge Rarity fan, but I know a lesser episode when I see one, and unfortunately this was one of them. Come on season 5, I've seen loads better out of you, and really hope more greatness is to come. Please? :please:

7/10

• Brohoof 1

A great episode. I liked how the show manage to discuss the balance between doing it for the art and being a part of the business without turning anyone it into a one sided argument. The episode definitely stays true to Rarity's personality and that Sassy Saddle's role in the episode fit without ever coming across as a strawman. The song was great and I enjoyed the designs for the backgrounds. Overall, a great episode!

That pony who bought the "Over the Moon" dress, she reminds me of Maud. Now that I think of it, they've probably got the same voice actor. It seems they went a bit more into the whole "real people" variety in this episode.

I suppose that is possible, her voice did sound similar but the difference I noticed between her and Maud is that she seems to have a bit more of a gothic vibe to her while Maud as Pinkie Pie explained has what many would regard as simply appearing dry and emotionless but simply expressing emotions differently than most ponies do because of that that mare actually reminds me more of Raven (Teen Titans) than of Maud though the similarity in voice and being so drastically different from most ponies is indeed there.

• Brohoof 1