Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Transgender Support and Discussion Topic

Dsanders

Welcome to the very first transgender support thread on the forums! This will be a way of reaching out to those who experience great discomfort with their anatomy, biology, and the social pressures to behave and present themselves in accordance to their gender assigned at birth. It is a big and scary world out there and we want to reassure people who are suffering with gender dysphoria feel like they are not alone. In fact, there are over 700,000 transgenders in the U.S. alone [1]. There is no reason to feel alone and that is what this thread is here to prove! There are also a handful of open transgender members here as evidenced by the amount of life advice threads started by them:

https://mlpforums.com/tags/forums/transgender/

There are definitely more trans people on here, I'm sure, who are most likely afraid of coming out. So I hope this thread can provide the virtual safe haven they need!

If you are not trans but wish to show support to the trans community, you're more than welcome! For those of you who have no idea what transgender means, see the following and educate yourselves:

https://en.wikipedia...Gender_identity

https://en.wikipedia...ender_dysphoria

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Transgender

You are free to share your support, stories, thoughts, questions, concerns, etc! So yeah! :)

• Brohoof 23

Sometimes feeling like there is a girl inside me, since I was small I thought I was a girl bit older I felt more like a half gril hafl boy, social pressure and and the people around me had destroyed the sweet kind lovely girl inside of me.

But one day when I saw ponies I felt different I felt that they were calling me, couldnt get their design or names out of my head and that has helped me embrace the girl inside of my male body. I don't know if transgender is the right thing for me to do but. There are times when i really don't feel like a boy at all.

Makeup, shoes, dresses, fashion interest me I want wear them  

• Brohoof 13

I support transgenderism, I know how much it's hard not to be happy with our sex.

I absolutely hate being male, however I'm not interested in being transgender. I don't like my sex because of biological and social reasons, I don't think transgenderism can do anything for me.

Great thread nonetheless. :D For those who think transgenderism can help them, go for it!

• Brohoof 8

I support transgenderism, I know how much it's hard not to be happy with our sex.

I absolutely hate being male, however I'm not interested in being transgender. I don't like my sex because of biological and social reasons, I don't think transgenderism can do anything for me.

Great thread nonetheless. :D For those who think transgenderism can help them, go for it!

I've never actually heard anyone else voice that except in my head.  It's nice to see that I'm not the only one who has a issue with who they are in that sense.

I am a male who identifies as male but I feel a decent amount of shame/fear of how others view me based on that.  I just feel like a part of some big problem that I try not to add to all the time.

• Brohoof 7

Welcome to the very first transgender support thread on the forums!

It's actually not the very first, I think we had one a while back.

Regardless, hello, transgender person here

Edited by Kitty.
  • Brohoof 8

But one day when I saw ponies I felt different I felt that they were calling me, couldnt get their design or names out of my head and that has helped me embrace the girl inside of my male body. I don't know if transgender is the right thing for me to do but. There are times when i really don't feel like a boy at all.   Makeup, shoes, dresses, fashion interest me I want wear them  

It's good to know that since discovering MLP you now embrace the girl inside of you!! Never be ashamed of expressing your true colors!

You don't necessarily have to be transgender in order wear makeup and dresses, just so you know. Being transgender for you would mean you truly want to live the rest of your life as a girl, be identified as a girl, and be seen as a girl. You never want to feel like a boy ever again. Does this describe what you feel? If so, then there is a good chance that you're transgender since by definition you identify entirely as the opposite sex.

It's actually not the very first, I think we had one a while back.

Regardless, hello, transgender person here

WTF, really!? I've tried searching for one countless times and never found such a thread.  :wat:

Oh and the LGBT support thread doesn't count.

• Brohoof 3

WTF, really!? I've tried searching for one countless times and never found such a thread.  :wat:

Oh and the LGBT support thread doesn't count.

I remember one being made a while back by Twily F. Sniper but I can't seem to find it. Oh well, here's to our new trans support thread.

• Brohoof 5

http://planettransgender.com/22-year-old-trans-woman-shade-schuler-murdered-in-dallas/

So apparently this woman is the 13th trans person to be killed this year in the U.S. This surpasses the amount of trans murders take took place last year. 

It's also really disrespectful that the Dallas Morning News referred to her as a male. 

• Brohoof 3

I dont understand it and can never understand it but I am fully supportive of people who choose to be transgender.  Be who you are and if who you are isnt who you feel inside dont feel afraid to transition

• Brohoof 7

Yay, the thread was made! ^^ Anyway, hi to everyone! I consider myself transgender, and am currently going through a sort of transition at least with show. Physically, I still need to talk with my doctor about what the best plan would be, but since discovering who I am, I've never been able to be happier. ^o^ It is so amazing that there are so many people already who support this.

Oh, and also...

sig-4015383.15121---animated-gif-chuunib

Then some Takanashi Rikku.  :squee:

OH MY GOSH I'm squealing with how cute this is!!!!!!!!  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 5

I don't have any issues with transgender individuals.

If anything, I respect them for being true to themselves

• Brohoof 6

I have a lot of respect for ttransgender people. Ever since a friend who I've known for a few years recently came out as trans earlier in the year, I've had a lot of respect for her and people like her.

• Brohoof 4

I myself am not Transgender, but I suppose I do have feminine tendencies at times (such as preferring female jeans and not adhering 100% to male gender roles), but I support transgender rights so long as demands are reasonable. I'm all for advancing medical science to reduce the costs of transitional surgeries as well.

Sometimes feeling like there is a girl inside me, since I was small I thought I was a girl bit older I felt more like a half gril hafl boy, social pressure and and the people around me had destroyed the sweet kind lovely girl inside of me.

But one day when I saw ponies I felt different I felt that they were calling me, couldnt get their design or names out of my head and that has helped me embrace the girl inside of my male body. I don't know if transgender is the right thing for me to do but. There are times when i really don't feel like a boy at all.

Being surrounded by others on these forums who understand this has done wonders for me.  I feel exactly the same way, and I never realized how many other guys feel like this.  I'm a hetero male, and not trans.  (male brain, male junk).  But in so many ways, I feel like I was meant to be female.  Transitioning would be very wrong for me, because I know I don't actually have a female brain.  Transitioning would, in fact, screw me up.  I just wish that I had been born female.  There's a difference.  It's just like saying, "I wish I was taller".  Little more complicated, but you get what I mean.  I'm not "supposed" to be female, I just really wish I was.  It would suit my personality so much better.

But my reasons for feeling this way are, I can almost guarantee, societal.  If I lived in a culture that not only tolerated, but celebrated, effeminate men, and had the general mindset that men can be just as beautiful as women, then I would probably be happy the way I am.  Can't know for sure, but I'm pretty sure.  It's all just societal poisoning.  I don't think I really want to be a woman, I just want to be me, which means being feminine when I want, wearing dresses, shaving my legs (which I prefer), etc.  Those of you who read my "Can Men Be Beautiful?" vent got enough ramblings from me, so I'll end that part here.

The show, and more particularly the community, has really helped me embrace that side of myself.  I do and wear those things that I want now.  It's great, but I still wish society saw me differently.

Even though I'm not trans, I think I can really sympathize.  I know how I feel, and it sucks sometimes.  I can't imagine how hard it must be to really feel trapped in the wrong body.  Best wishes, support, and courage to all trans people, and absolute respect for everyone willing to be who they are.

• Brohoof 7

I've contemplated and contemplated whether I'm transgender or not.....I much prefer feminine pronouns over masculine ones. I mean, I've kinda accepted that I'm physically male and I can't really change that without expensive surgery and having to fulfill certain prerequisites to even see if I can qualify for said GRS. But there's days I don't mind being male...Though,I'll always despise the need of shaving...Why do I have to grow body hair? I hate it...I kinda wish I could just take hormones, just so I don't have to deal with it anymore...or get laser hair removal....At least I do have a bit of my own heaven in video games, where I play as a female character whenever possible.

Some days I just get really bad gender dysphoria days and I tend to think negative thoughts and just depress myself even more than I already am. So, I jsut kinda cope with it some days...

It's just so frustrating sometimes. :(

• Brohoof 9

I can't relate all that much to transgenders, being perfectly happy with my gender assigned at birth, but I really, really feel for them.  :( 

They so often seem so depressed, and a lot of the transgenders I've met have a lot of social anxiety. My sibling is transgender, or, has no gender, and they're incredibly depressed as well as sensitive right now, and our dad is doing everything he can to make life hard for them.  :( 
I'm not always the brightest pony in the world concerning gender dysphoria and everything, but I wish to lend a helping hoof anywhere I can! :)

• Brohoof 2

It's certainly a subject I try to avoid none the less simply because there is a lot of taboo about it these days now that we have all these gender pronouns going about and the debate ongoing of if Transgenderism is really "real" and whatnot, but ultimately I support these people, I just avoid the subject to stay out of insanely windy debates.

Yeah, I can see what you mean. Lately, though, it's been getting better. ^^ From what I've heard, at least, just in the past few years everything has gotten a lot easier for the transgender community. I've heard that California has community bathrooms in schools rather than just having it gender-assigned. (I bet I'm not the only transgender person here who hates going into a specific bathroom for a gender I don't exactly see myself as. @-@ I swear, in my mind, it feels so kinky... but at this point, I've kind of numbed everything out and created my own little universe to exist in (quite literally). )

The issue with that subject is that it's a difficult problem to fix. While many people will say they are uncomfortable going into the male bathroom when they feel female, the women in said bathroom will argue it makes them uncomfortable for a male to go into their bathroom. When people argue that it should not make them uncomfortable the same could be said for the transgender person.

The issue more or less becomes apples and oranges. We have to sacrifice the comfort of others for the comfort of transgenders. So I can see why it's taken a long time to come up with something. Making a neutral bathroom seems to be the only real solution that we are going to get.

You're completely right. The rational thing, in my mind, is that if a person feels like a female, they should be allowed to go in their corresponding bathroom. With modern views, though, people are very picky about with how people look (and sadly, with how they were born). The most I can say is that hopefully people will be able to accept transgender people who wish to go where they feel like they fit in most. The responsibility of transgender people is to be able to look the part, for society at the moment. In a perfect society, this wouldn't be a problem at all, but sadly society isn't perfect. There is always a fear that some creepo is taking advantage of these sorts of things, but in reality, there is a much greater majority of people who wish to simply be themselves.

Neutral bathrooms I agree are likely the best solution.  :wacko: It would save all of this heartache and debate...  :blink:

Sadly we both know there will be that one jackass that ruins it for everyone... >_>

You may be describing either an androgyne or a bigender identity. You could research both to see if that's what you mean. :33

• Brohoof 4