Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pegasister or Brony?

cookiequester

For the girls out there (Or guys, I suppose x3), I was wondering if you guys preferred to be called a Pegasister or a Brony.

I prefer to be called a Brony because I don't really like the way "Pegasister" sounds. To me, it sounds a bit like an 80s Disco Group. My friend has told me countless time that I'm a Pegasister, not a Brony, and I don't like to be called that. Opinions?

• Brohoof 8

I am a guy so people call me a brony which I like but they call my friends pegasister because she is a girl. She has told me she doesn't like that. In my opinion I think any fan of mlp is a brony but "pegasister" I thought was the term epically made to make the girls in the fandom unique or diverse from everyone else in a good way.

I refer to myself (usually) as a pegasister, since I am a MtF transgender, but I also refer to myself as a brony sometimes, usually around people I'm not comfortable calling myself a "she" around. But I really don't care much.

Edited by TwillyFSniper
  • Brohoof 2

To me, it sounds a bit like an 80s Disco Group. My friend has told me countless time that I'm a Pegasister, not a Brony, and I don't like to be called that. Opinions?

How about you tell your friend that you are whatever the hell you want to be? Seriously, why argue over two labels that mean essentially the same thing? A fan is a fan just as a brony is a brony. You want to call yourself a brony? Great! You're free to do so, regardless of what your friend thinks.

I'd personally prefer to be called a pegasister because I like that it sounds like an 80's disco group. The name sounds so catchy and I love it <3 That's just me.

• Brohoof 3

I really don't mind. I suspect brony, but I am more used to that. I wouldn't mind being called a pegasister despite being a male xD. 

For the girls out there (Or guys, I suppose x3), I was wondering if you guys preferred to be called a Pegasister or a Brony.

I prefer to be called a Brony because I don't really like the way "Pegasister" sounds. To me, it sounds a bit like an 80s Disco Group. My friend has told me countless time that I'm a Pegasister, not a Brony, and I don't like to be called that. Opinions?

Brony. No one calls me pegasister because they respect the fact that I think that term is the stupidest fan name ever.

Call yourself what you want- don't let them tell you what you need to be called.

Brony, pegasister, MLP fan, whatever. If they're telling you what you should be called, those aren't very good friends.

I'm a female fan and I've never been called either, though I don't have much of a preference. 

I'm a male, and I use "brony" because "brony" is the gender- and age-neutral term for fans of FIM. I hate the term "pegasister," because it unnecessarily segregates the fandom based on gender by relying on the sexist "'brony' = 'male fan'" lie.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 3

I'm neither of those titles, just a general MLP fan.

But, I hate the word 'Brony', so absolutely don't ever refer to me in that way.

• Brohoof 1

As a girl I don't see the point in labels I feel it further separates the genders into separate groups

I have been revered to as bro by my best female friend and I don't see it as a gender thing its more saying that its like a family member

And pegasister could be taken the wrong way as its may or may not be depending on your views a feminist term and as a girl i dont agree with feminism but i dont like over powering men either just my opinion dont hate

Sorry i went off topic but seriously ... I dont care

It all means the same to me they could make up a gender nutral term so we could all be equall :)

Vent over ! Hehe ;)

• Brohoof 1

As a male, I would respect the female fan regardless of either term she prefers. I do find myself using the term "Pegasister" more often for female fans of the show than a generic "Brony"; it is like why I want to avoid using the generic "he" or "guys" when referring to a group containing both genders. However, if she insists on being called a Brony, I would respect that and do so.

Edited by Solid Scorpion

I'll be honest I'm confused. Wasn't it women that prefer to have a female specific description for pretty much everything and dislike masculine pronouns like he, him, men being a general term to describe men and women? So wouldn't women prefer to be called Pegasisters?

• Brohoof 1