Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pegasister or Brony?

cookiequester

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a fan of MLP. I like a show that I see as something *anyone* would like. So why should I give myself a special name for liking it?

I'm not sure about the term "brony", because it has negative stereotypes attached to it and is just kind of a corny word.

I think that pegasister sounds better for girls because the word "Brony" is the combination of "Bro" and "Pony" and guys are called bros and not girls, but whatever you want to do is fine. It's fine either way!  :squee: (btw, I'm male)

I think Brony still sounds way more awesome than Pegasister :yay:

And the term Brony is way more familiar than Pegasister to non-Bronies If I tell someone I'm a Pegasister they have no idea what I'm talking about. But when I tell them I'm a Brony, they know exactly what I'm talking about.

Edited by Pucksterv

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a male, and I use "brony" because "brony" is the gender- and age-neutral term for fans of FIM. I hate the term "pegasister," because it unnecessarily segregates the fandom based on gender by relying on the sexist "'brony' = 'male fan'" lie.

Well, to be fair, "bro" is a masculine term. A lot of female fans are simply wierded out by the idea of being addressed as a "bro", hence the reason why the term "Pegasister" was created. Obviously, they still classify as members of the Brony fandom, regardless of whatever they call themselves.

• Brohoof 1