Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private Project Awoken: A Modern Fantasy

Jellal Fernandes

OOC thread: https://mlpforums.com/topic/134628-project-awoken-a-modern-fantasy-ooc/

(The players are in a somewhat cramped room. There are no windows, the only light in the room being completely artificial, coming from large light strips in the ceiling. There are two sets of doors, one of which they entered from, and through the other, locked set of doors, some men can be heard speaking. They are scheduled to meet their team leader and get one final debriefing before their mission.)

"Are we sure we can trust them to get the job done?"

"We can't be sure, but we've made sure we got the best of the best."

"And what about him?"

"Hopefully they can keep him in check as well as we have. Remember, this is our fault. Whatever he does is our responsibility. We can keep him in check, the others are a completely different story."

"Sir, they're here."

"Let's not keep them waiting..."

The doors open, revealing a tall, broad-shouldered man. He has heavy 5 o'clock shadow, a buzzcut of gray hair. He is in full heavy-plate armor, his helmet under one of his arms. Beside him stands a short, stout man in a suit and tie, and a young man, no, a boy in classic GI attire.

"Hello, Hunters," the tall man says in a welcoming voice. "I'm sure you remember your mission... However, something has come up. A rogue orc warlord is moving in on a research facility in the Congo. We would send in regular troops, but we would like to see how you all work together as a team. I'm sure you won't disappoint."

Edited by Jellal Fernandes

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I look about the room, sizing up the other occupants with a slight smirk on my features. 

"Just one orc? Pfft, I could take him out all by myself, But I suppose there must be something more to it than that."

I focus on the tall man, he said we would be meeting our 'team leader' soon, I put the others out of my mind for now, they aren't threats for now, one of them even has some archaic weaponry, I haven't seen a bow in so long...

Regardless, I'll take an interest in them if they take an interest in me.

(Sorry, I just had little to go off of, Hopefully this provides a boost to the other posters.)

jade was still a little pissed from all this, he gets caught because he was nice to the locals but apparently since someone had left some sort of clue to where he was, he got sent here "No we won't, at least I won't" he said to the tall man "you know that we could hear you throw the door right? how's are team leader? I don't like being kept in the dark especially by people like you" he looks at the person how spoke up first "did you sign up or be taken away and be forced like me?"

Blitz was in the corner of the room meditating when the man came in. He had been more or less willing to join whatever cause this organization was pursing, but there were some ulterior motives behind his reasons. He hadn't used his power at all since he had arrived at he doubted that the others would be informed. "A bow is just as deadly as a sniper rifle. If anything, it needs more grave to wiel. Remember that." He muttered as lightning arced in between his fingers. The neko then stood and looked at his claws, before shifting his gaze towards those who had recently entered. They didn't seem like much, but he knew how deceiving one's appearance could be.

Judetal eyed her companions. She had been for some time, judging them calmly. She was more still now than she had been in... hmm... since... she was more still now than she ever had been, she decided, even with the frequent tap-tapping of her worn boots, and fiddling of her scaled fingers.

Then, the people who had been nearby beyond the door, speaking in a low buzz she couldn't quite understand (she wasn't fluent in English yet, and thus unless someone spoke very clearly in a tone directed at her, she often had trouble understanding), came in. They gave them their orders, and she was immediately surprised at the rather aggressive response of her previously silent teammates-to-be. She glanced briefly at the human she thought was named 'Jade', especially surprised at his sudden outburst, though she agreed with one point.

"Yes, where is our leader?" The Argonian questioned, standing up, noting with satisfaction that she stood higher than several of the other occupants in the room. "We are looking forward to meeting this man. We are also looking forward to killing orc, however, and are ready to leave at your notice." This was said rather dryly and with a hint of cynicism--she didn't like being expected to obey orders from these people who she knew very little about--though under her accent, it just came out curt and to the point.

She eyed the Khajiit suspiciously. She liked him the least of her companions already. His bow and swords caused a streak of suspicion through her--she had never heard of anyone using weapons that outdated. Even her hammer was finely made to keep up with modern times, could be thrown surprisingly well, and block projectiles with enough skill. The mutter she had heard (and again, didn't understand) didn't help her opinion of him. "Also, we would know if these people that are to be our teammates are..." she reached through her English vocabulary, searching for the correct word. As she did, her tongue darted out subconsciously, licking her lips. "trustworthy." She finished after a moment.

(edited)

@@Illiad Easle,

"It's an orc warlord, a master combatant with an army behind him," the man replied.

@@Yoshikupo,

"You weren't forced, you were given a choice. Go to prison, or help us."

@@Drago Ryder,

"Indeed it is, just make sure not to miss..."

@@Reaver,

"If they aren't trustworthy, they will be dealt with swiftly," the man said, eyeing Jade. "Anyways, yes, your leader..." he looked to some guards at the other door and nodded. They nodded back, turning around and exiting the room. After a few minutes, they returned with a hooded man bound with thick, heavy chains. His robes, which one would assume to be black, were covered in fresh blood. The men then spoke up. "You will need to inject him with one of these every once-in-a-while," they said, stabbing his left arm with a syringe. The hooded man started shaking violently, the chains starting to crack, when he finally collapsed to the ground. "This is your CO."

@@Jellal Fernandes,

Judetal stared. And stared. She didn't know whether to burst out laughing, look on in horror, or point blank start smashing things. Her eye twitched as the familiar spite told her to do the latter. She ignored it for now. She would have time for that.

"This... this is our... commander?" she asked after a moment. Despite her thick accent, disbelief was clear in her tone. "He is broken. He looks as if he cannot walk, let alone engage into combat." Was this going to be a waste of time? She hoped not. Well, she hardly had anything better to do. She considered moving over to help the pitiful creature that was to be their leader up. She changed her mind. If he could not stand up alone, why was she here?

@@Jellal Fernandes, @@Reaver,

"you should have seen what happened throw my eyes, that is a very different perspective" Jade said then looked at the collapsed body "well I officially think the system has gone mad, what next make us follow rules when were in combat and trust the enemy do the same?" Jade snarked "can we just do this so I can skip the kingdom? the people don't seem to like me anymore so why should I stay? oh wait you don't know my perspective again"

@@Jellal Fernandes,@@Yoshikupo, @@Reaver, @@Drago Ryder,

I stand up, not too intimidating given my less than impressive stature, but the ragged appearance of my beard often makes up for that.

"Nope," I start walking for the door, "Nope Nope Nope Nope Nope," I run into one of the men in between me and the door, I am not putting much force into my movement so my feet simply move across the floor as my face is buried in the man's, surprisingly stiff, midsection. "Np Np Np," the sound is muffled by his clothing, a nice Kevlar mesh, but I'm sure everyone gets the message.

I step back, looking towards the tall man, "Take me back, I've changed my mind. I'd rather go against this Orc warlord with nothing but my Bare Hands than be led into battle by this... Liability."

I turn back to the group, "I'm sure you're all great people, but I won't be led by someone I can't respect."

I turn back to the tall man. "Now take me back outside, I've likely got a bunch of confidentiality papers to sign and I'd rather get through it quickly before I know something that can't be signed away."

Blitz gave a slight smirk. "Oh, I have more than that at my disposal." He said, before looking at the man who was supposedly leading them into the fight. "So, any other plans aside from simply charging into this fight and killing the orc as quickly as possible?"

@@Drago Ryder, @@Illiad Easle, @@Reaver, @@Jellal Fernandes,

"I don't know, I generally think it should be a group decision, in my opinion I think almost anything should be a group decision and not decided by one guy how was chosen by chance because we have no idea what that person may say or do" Jade said "maybe a co leader? we could decide instead of having these guys deciding" he gestured to the guards

(edited)

@@Drago Ryder, @@Reaver, @@Yoshikupo, @@Illiad Easle,

"This man deserves your utmost respect. This man is one of the eleven current Invokers, and the first Invoker in history to be an Invoker of more than one god. This man is Sir Merik, the Invoker of Justice and the Invoker of Death. He may just be the most powerful mortal being in existence. We are responsible for turning him into the Invoker of Death, he was one of the failed experiments. He has developed split-personality syndrome, one side is extremely violent, the Invoker of Death. In the worst instance we have had to deal with, he wiped out an entire city's population. What they injected him with is a drug with mystical properties, able to suppress the darker half of himself. It took 100 men to restrain him, 80 of which are dead, and 3 of which are in critical condition. The room was completely red, not a single spot in the room was missing blood. The three men in critical condition, Rory, Samuel, and Alexander are missing a spine, arms, and a lung, respectively. He did that in less than a minute. He is our best chance of finding the other failures, which is why he's still alive. You will listen to him, and you will inject him with the drugs 3 times a day, otherwise, you will be responsible for restraining him. Am I understood?" the tall man said to the group.

The chained man stood to his feet, breaking the chains. The two guards immediately trained their guns on him.

@@Jellal Fernandes, @@Drago Ryder, @@Illiad Easle, @@Reaver,

Jade backs up the farthest he can from there leader "can I go with this guy in the fist fight? I would rather not have a berserker that we need to inject every so often so he won't kill us, hell I would rather have the unconscious person then this" he was now right next to the person how wanted to leave even before he was told about the monsters backstory "I'm still going because I know what will happen if I leave now"

(Mobile post)

I quickly moved behind the tall man, utilizing the guard's distraction to get behind them. I quickly trained my Ace in front of me, pointed directly at the tall man's back.

"He deserves nothing from me, especially not respect."

I adjust to proper fighting stance, noticing the human who first took an interest in me. I turn back to the tall man.

"Now, you will take me and that human upstairs, or you can experience life from a wheelchair, if this invoker of justice doesn't kill you for your crimes against nature, it is after all your fault he killed that whole town."

I begin tapping my foot, regulating my breathing to improve accuracy.

"I would act quickly if I were you, I am not very patient, and I rarely miss."

Blitz was surprised to say the least as to what this information would possibly entail. It honestly reminded him of what had occurred when he had met the gods of wisdom destruction. "I guess I could stick around and see what happens." He thought to himself.

"It would be best if we didn't tell them of my existence within your mind, my friend." A voice spoke, echoing throughout the neko's mind.

Judetal had blinked at the chained man upon his captors' revelation. A small streak of pity went through her. She knew very little about the way humans worked, and things like this made her rethink that--she really knew nothing at all. Destroy an entire city..? She had seen the behemoths, the gargantuan hives that these people called cities. This man was not to be taken lightly--but as the aggressive one said, he was not to be respected yet, either. She glanced at the dwarf, stepping forward as she ignored his speech.

"Very well, I accept these conditions of yours, and I shall personally take responsibility for injecting this man as necessary," Judetal said. She didn't like it, but honestly, keeping this man with her would probably spare more lives in the long run. She could fight him herself if he lost control. She eyed the chained man evenly. "Do you speak, Invoker? What do you call yourself?" she glanced at the captors', her gaze annoyed. She didn't want them to answer. She wanted to hear this danger answer her himself.

@@Yoshikupo@@Illiad Easle, @@Drago Ryder, @@Reaver,

"You have no reason to fear me," the hooded man said to the guards. "Lower your weapons," the tall man said to the two. They immediately trained their guns on the floor. The hooded man looked over the entire group. He then looked to the dwarf. "Please, lower your weapon, sir. This man means you no harm." He looked to the argonian. "Sir Merik, at your service," he said with a bow. He then looked back to the dwarf. "As the Invoker of Justice, it is also my duty to, to my fullest extent, right what I have wronged. I will kill the other artificial Invokers so that they won't cause the same damage I have. This is my burden. However, I am in need of assistance. That is where you come in. Will you not join us in this epic quest, for glory, and saving the world?"

@@Jellal Fernandes, @@Reaver, @@Drago Ryder, @@Illiad Easle,

Jade hears what the hooded man said and was baffled but tries to get his mind strait "that's uh...good" Jade cleared her throat "so...you should always keep him like this" he said turning to Judetal "were going to be working together, my name is Jade and I was a thief before this...I won't denie I am but please give me some respect" he extended his hand hoping for him to shake it

@@Jellal Fernandes,

"We'll see."

I holster my Ace and return from behind the tall man.

"Let's take care of this Orc first shall we? See how we work as a team? Then we'll see if I will continue with you."

I move over to the Invoker,

"I'm giving you a chance, but realize that I trust you as far as I can throw you, and respect you half as much."

I turn towards the tall man,

"That all? Just kill the Orc?"

Will you not join us in this epic quest, for glory, and saving the world?"

Judetal grinned at the Invoker, her liking for him abruptly much higher. She glanced, annoyed, at the dwarf's curtness, and muttered, "A lot of anger in that small body." She nodded at the Invoker. "It will be a pleasure to work with you, Sir Merik. I am looking forward to this epic quest, and earning glory for my people."

Blitz shrugged slightly as he scratched his claws on the metal walls. "It would be a shame to have come here to just simply waste my time." He said, looking over the group. "I might as well throw my lot in with you lot." The neko then gave a short laugh. "So, when do we leave?"

@@Yoshikupo@@Illiad Easle, @@Reaver, @@Drago Ryder

Sir Merik extended his hand to Jade, shaking hers. "Thank you for your honesty. Being able to admit to your faults is a very respectable virtue." He looked to the dwarf. "I hope that I can change your opinion."

The tall man looked at the dwarf. "Kill the orc before he has a chance to rally his armies against the peaceful civilizations in the area. That is your job." He then looked to the khajiit. "I'm afraid you can't leave before you pass some training exercises. I'm sure you are plenty capable of passing the tests, but it's not up to me."

@@Jellal Fernandes,

"All right then, I suppose you have some idea as to where this orc is? Some maps perhaps?"

Stars aid if they expect us to find this guy ourselves.

I look around the room again, noticing that many of the others are more than willing to trust the invoker.

Maybe... not yet. I have been a bit rude, but the Suits always put me on edge. If I can work with these people they'll need to like me.

I'll apologize when we aren't in Suit territory.

@@Jellal Fernandes, @@Drago Ryder,

"wait why does he have to take a test? I didn't and to my knowledge no one else did ether, so why does he have to?" Jade said to the tall man "I want everyone here to go, it would be easier for us all" he looked around the room "judging by the people here it would seem like we make a diverse team as well, wouldn't people be happy if they heard that from the beginning that all these races got together and fought the evil things you made? oh wait your not going to tell them the last part are you?" he snarked 

A flash of anger showed on Blitz's face for a moment, before he gave a slight smile and glanced at Jade. "It's ok. I don't mind, so long as the tests aren't to invasive." He said, turning his attention to the tall man for the last bit.

"I don't like this." The voice in Blitz's head muttered. "If they find me, this could be the end of both of us." It wouldn't reveal itself unless it was necessary, but he may not have a choice in the matter.

Edited by Drago Ryder