Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I dont think they should redub the CMC episodes since it shows the CMC growing older within the show as well as irl.

Besides the CMC are ageless characters! What do you except?! Have you ever watch an anime or a cartoon with ageless characters?

I think it is a fruitless and wasteful endeavor.

There really are no benefits to it. How many people does it actually bother? From what I can tell, the overwhelming majority in this thread are fine with things as they are or think it is better as it is.

The cons are many.

It costs money they could be spending on future shows and acquiring big talent in writing and acting. Not only paying the actresses, but also editors to splice in the audio. Not to mention relaying the new disc data to the production facility. It is just a big waste for such an insignificant issue that most are either happy with or indifferent to.

Edited by DexterousWings
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

And I still don't understand why the CMC are hitting puberty, that's why DHX/Discovery Family should start re-dubbing all the past episodes with the CMC from seasons 1 to 3 due to puberty like Sisterhooves Social, Stare Master, The Cutie Pox and Family Appreciation Day. That would have been perfect for re-airings/syndication, well in case maybe.

I dont think they should redub the CMC episodes since it shows the CMC growing older within the show as well as irl.

And FYI, the CMC aren't growing up, they're just maturing, OK?

Edited by MAIKUN

Is Discovery Family/Hasbro gonna redub the CMC episodes from Seasons 1 to 3 due to the characters' voices changing?

I mean, what if Michelle Creber, Madeleine Peters, and Claire Corlett were asked to redub their roles from those earlier seasons from 1 to 3?

Any thoughts on that?

There is absolutely no reason to go about editing previous episodes.

You need to realize that AppleBloom, Scootaloo, and SweetieBelle have grown up a bit and their voices changed along with them.  You didn't expect their voices to stay the same throughout the series, did you?

And I still don't understand why the CMC are hitting puberty, that's why DHX/Discovery Family should start re-dubbing all the past episodes with the CMC from seasons 1 to 3 due to puberty like Sisterhooves Social, Stare Master, The Cutie Pox and Family Appreciation Day. That would have been perfect for re-airings/syndication, well in case maybe.

And FYI, the CMC aren't growing up, they're just maturing, OK?

Growing up and maturing go hand-in-hand with each other.

As you physically grow, you mature as well.

What do you mean "fruitless and wasteful endeavor" on redubbing the past episodes?

Fruitless means: Useless or unproductive

It would be 100% pointless to edit past episodes because there is simply no reason to.

• Brohoof 1

It would be pointless to waste production time and cash just for that. Yes, the CMCs (specially Sweetie) sound older than back there in S1, but that's because their actresses grew and went throught puberty, so it would be logical if they sound deeper. But I plays in their favor, as it further shows how their characters grew in the series, and we now know that at least one year transpired since S1  

How old is Michelle Creber, Claire Corlett & Maddy Peters when they started the show in 2010?

Why would they need to redub them? It doesn't show any growth or character development or even maturing of the characters. 

It's a good idea to keep it the way it is now, especially now that they have their cutie marks, it kind of shows a transition from being fillies to adult ponies, though they still have a little ways to go until they become adults.

• Brohoof 1

How old is Michelle Creber, Claire Corlett & Maddy Peters when they started the show in 2010?

Well, last I read, both Michelle and Claire are 16 (they have a few months difference between them, but I don't remember who's the older), and Maddy is 19, so, that'll make them 11 and 14 respectively when the show started

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

It makes no sense to me that the would redub their voices. Just like the actresses the CMC are at an age where they are maturing and that's going to show in their voices. The only one who I can really notice is Claire and she still manages to do Squeaky Bell but even if she lost the ability, it just means her character is maturing  just like she is.

• Brohoof 2

I think it is a fruitless and wasteful endeavor.

There really are no benefits to it. How many people does it actually bother? From what I can tell, the overwhelming majority in this thread are fine with things as they are or think it is better as it is.

The cons are many.

It costs money they could be spending on future shows and acquiring big talent in writing and acting. Not only paying the actresses, but also editors to splice in the audio. Not to mention relaying the new disc data to the production facility. It is just a big waste for such an insignificant issue that most are either happy with or indifferent to.

What do you mean "Splice in the audio"? How the editors do really splice the audio of recorded dialogues?

I doubt Hasbro would waste money rerecording the CMC's voices, unless some dialog has to be changed due to controversy. At most they may digitally process their voices for future DVD/Blu-Ray releases to make them sound a little bit older, like they already do in latter seasons to make them sound younger, for consistency.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really think this is going to actually happen or be a good use of time, money or resources.

Plus why would they dub over older episodes?  In those episodes the CMC already sound young enough to actually fit their characters.

At most I could see future episodes maybe somewhat digitally editing the CMC voices for them to see a little bit younger, seeing how their voice actresses are ageing.

• Brohoof 1

To me, it wouldn't make any sense. The voice actors voices maturing over the seasons shows that their characters are growing up with them. I think it's really nice to hear he differences.

I don't really think this is going to actually happen or be a good use of time, money or resources.

Plus why would they dub over older episodes?  In those episodes the CMC already sound young enough to actually fit their characters.

At most I could see future episodes maybe somewhat digitally editing the CMC voices for them to see a little bit younger, seeing how their voice actresses are ageing.

It would be far better if their character design was slowly changed from this point on, to show that they are indeed growing up. Even if it's something as simple as just having Applebloom be a little upset because her favorite horse shoes no longer fit her hooves.

Edited by cuteycindyhoney
  • Brohoof 1

The have already been doing that since Season 3. Which is why I say they could do it the other way around for future releases of earlier episodes, to make them more consistent.

• Brohoof 1

The CMC's voices have changed? Maybe I'm not listening hard enough, but I haven't noticed the difference, except that Sweetiebelle doesn't seem to squeak as much. I don't see any reason why the past episodes would need to be redubbed even if the change in voice tone was that noticeable though. It's not like the characters themselves haven't matured over the course of the series too.

• 2 months later...
(edited)

Now that you've mention it AlbaTross, they might redub the past episodes via Seasons 1 to 3 in case...Just because it's 2016 anyway! Right?

Edited by MAIKUN

I don't see it happening at all. The early episodes they were young girls, and still learning about the world. The newer season they've grown a lot though there adventures. It's just interesting to see the transaction from young girls to the more mature ones after Crusaders of the lost mark.

So no. I don't think they will dubbed the later season.

Since they're growing up, I think it's time for the actresses to redub the past episodes from seasons 1 to 3...Gotta say, Puberty is a karma.

Since they're growing up, I think it's time for the actresses to redub the past episodes from seasons 1 to 3...Gotta say, Puberty is a karma.

If the characters are growing up, then it only makes sense to keep the younger sounding voices in the older episodes.

• Brohoof 1

If the characters are growing up, then it only makes sense to keep the younger sounding voices in the older episodes.

Oh just zip it OK? They should redub the older episodes from seasons 1 to 3, I mean, it's a brilliant, but even better idea for syndications or re-airings!