Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

"She's My Rarity"- Spikes Thoughts Sung Out Loud

StealingShad3Z

Ever thought about what it would sound like if Spikes feelings were put into song. Well this song answers that... Second Track from my "Equestrian Serenades" album

I had the first version up a while ago but the vocals were too strained... this new one should have less strainy vocals

https://soundcloud.com/lakejones/shes-my-rarity-1

Edited by StealingShad3Z
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

That intro really got me hooked. But be careful on those vocals. You're sort of risking it singing in such a high key as B Major. It seemed like the vocals got a little behind. 

I find the tune pretty catchy, in a good way. ;)

I must agree with @@C. Thunder Dash, your voice sounds a bit strained and unnatural at such a high key.

i actualy agree... i went back in and lowered everything... vocals should be a little less strainy now... im gonna replace the first post with the new version in a bit

Edited by StealingShad3Z

i actualy agree... i went back in and lowered everything... vocals should be a little less strainy now... im gonna replace the first post with the new version in a bit

This version sounds a lot better. It seems like you were standing in a better posture (which allows for more airflow) because your voice doesn't sound as strained as the first time.

• Brohoof 1

This version sounds a lot better. It seems like you were standing in a better posture (which allows for more airflow) because your voice doesn't sound as strained as the first time.

I appreciate it a lot... i lowered the key digitally instead of rerecording the rhythm guitar so now i have to find the actual tuning if i ever play this live lol

Really great job on this ^^ I listened to it a few days back and had pretty much the same opinions as others, that your voice sounded too high and strained. Now that you've altered it, I think it sounds much better. It's definitely tough to write music based around your natural singing range; I'd know, as my range is fairly constricted. There's always lots I want to do, but then I get ahead of myself and make a song I realise I can't actually sing--it's a very frustrating situation. Anyhow, that said, I will say that I felt like the "whoah-oh" parts could have used some kind of backup vocals, but aside from that, this was pretty great.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Really great job on this ^^ I listened to it a few days back and had pretty much the same opinions as others, that your voice sounded too high and strained. Now that you've altered it, I think it sounds much better. It's definitely tough to write music based around your natural singing range; I'd know, as my range is fairly constricted. There's always lots I want to do, but then I get ahead of myself and make a song I realise I can't actually sing--it's a very frustrating situation. Anyhow, that said, I will say that I felt like the "whoah-oh" parts could have used some kind of backup vocals, but aside from that, this was pretty great.

I understand i knew the vocals were too strained i jus wanted a second opinion... as for the Woah thing... i agree i thought about it but i just wanted to keep the song pretty simple and keep the vocal track to a single track (well the same track panned) but the only extra thing i added to the vocals was the title repetition with a telephone effect... i dunno i just didnt feel like i wanted back up vocals on those parts... but i suppose i can give it a try to see how it sounds but im quite happy with how it sounds right now since this version has received quite some positive feedback

To be honest ive quite enjoyed playing these little acoustic tunes for all you bronies... theyre simple, fun, and easy to mix, that also goes for techno, metal is fun to write and play but recording electric guitars is a pain in the plot

Now as for the next song i wanna wright, i feel like doing a cover of "Babseed" since its like the most AWESOME song in MLP!!! Also after hearing AcousticBrony's not-so-acoustic rock cover of it I really want to right an acoustic rock version for all you ponies

Edited by StealingShad3Z

I understand i knew the vocals were too strained i jus wanted a second opinion... as for the Woah thing... i agree i thought about it but i just wanted to keep the song pretty simple and keep the vocal track to a single track (well the same track panned) but the only extra thing i added to the vocals was the title repetition with a telephone effect... i dunno i just didnt feel like i wanted back up vocals on those parts... but i suppose i can give it a try to see how it sounds but im quite happy with how it sounds right now since this version has received quite some positive feedback

To be honest ive quite enjoyed playing these little acoustic tunes for all you bronies... theyre simple, fun, and easy to mix, that also goes for techno, metal is fun to write and play but recording electric guitars is a pain in the plot

Now as for the next song i wanna wright, i feel like doing a cover of "Babseed" since its like the most AWESOME song in MLP!!! Also after hearing AcousticBrony's not-so-acoustic rock cover of it I really want to right an acoustic rock version for all you ponies

Babs Seed is an awesome song ^^ I look forward to hearing your rendition!

• Brohoof 1

"Now as for the next song i wanna ***wright***"

hooves make it hard to to type lol ^-^

xD If you're ever looking for feedback on your music, I'm always available to lend an ear ^^ Perhaps we could even do a collab sometime

I've listened it two times, but I feel nothing. :| I dunno, for me this song is just so... um... standart? It's like one layer sounds which are repeated many times.

Sorry if I said something wrong.

• 4 weeks later...

I've listened it two times, but I feel nothing. :| I dunno, for me this song is just so... um... standart? It's like one layer sounds which are repeated many times.

Sorry if I said something wrong.

Your reply is frank yet not rude.

Honest opinions ought to be welcome here. ;)

• Brohoof 1