Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Scootaloo's Parents

GuyNamedEarl

Does anybody have any theories about Scootaloo and her parents? My theory is that Fluttershy had her and gave her up for adoption, which is why she can't fly. Rainbow Dash was the only other pony who knew about it, so she secretly takes care of her now as her big sister figure. What do you guys think?

Edited by GuyNamedEarl
  • Brohoof 1

I don't think Fluttershy is Scootaloo's mother, I mean why would Fluttershy give up her child? And that would be weird, they have already appeared together and there was no hint that Fluttershy was Scootaloo's mother.

I think Scootaloo's parents are 2 ponies we don't know yet, maybe because they don't live in Ponyville, or because the writers forgot about them.

Well we know she lives in a nice house from the Flag waving performance and Babs Seed, we see the inside of her house and room. So that confirms she lives with some parental figure we have yet to meet unless she can afford that house all by herself. 

I tend to think the whole "Pegasus that can't fly" is a pretty common disorder in Equestria, so I personally don't see it as grounds to say that Scootaloo is Fluttershy's daughter, but they may be related, in a Pinkie Apple Pie sort of way. I agree with Blobulle, I mean, how long did it take us to find out who Sweetie Belle's parents were? I think, since parents don't tend to be important characters in the show, the writers haven't bothered with showing them to us yet.

I think Scootaloo's dad is the hockey player that appeared in Tanks for the Memories and Scootaloo's mom is that mime that appeared in Princess Spike. Here are the pics: http://orig15.deviantart.net/6ce3/f/2015/140/d/3/scootaloo_s_dad___by_danvonfuckyou-d8u4n77.png

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-18785-0-59479200-1435041707.png

Whoa nice theory Scootaloo's dad looks just like Scootaloo

I wish I was better at coming up with theories, because this particular thing bothers me. :c Is she orphaned? Are her parents just lost? Are her parents Chrysalis and Sombra? There are so many questions. :o My theory is she was orphaned but for circumstances unknown to us. It is a simple theory, but honestly I cannot think of any other major possibilities.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I think Scootaloo's dad is the hockey player that appeared in Tanks for the Memories and Scootaloo's mom is that mime that appeared in Princess Spike. Here are the pics: http://orig15.deviantart.net/6ce3/f/2015/140/d/3/scootaloo_s_dad___by_danvonfuckyou-d8u4n77.png

https://mlpforums.com/uploads/monthly_06_2015/post-18785-0-59479200-1435041707.png

This is a really good observation, but the only thing is ponies don't have the same color schemes as their parents, such as Twilight Sparkle and her parents. Edited by GuyNamedEarl
  • Brohoof 1

Don't you think Scootaloo being an orphan would be too harsh for her? It already sucks that she can't fly and it would be horrible if she didn't have any parents either. My theory is that her parents just haven't been shown yet. I hope there's some kind of story behind why we never see them, but not something as harsh as being an orphan.

And about that hockey player in Tanks for the Memories, he does look very similar to Scootaloo, but just because they look alike doesn't mean they're related (same goes for the mare in Princess Spike).

If they can have Applejack's parents be dead (or at least imply it), then they can do the same for Scootaloo's.

Although, to quote one of M.A. Larson's tweets, "Fluttershy is Rainbow Dash's mom, who is Scootaloo's mom, who is Fluttershy's mom. #canon."

If they can have Applejack's parents be dead (or at least imply it), then they can do the same for Scootaloo's.

Although, to quote one of M.A. Larson's tweets, "Fluttershy is Rainbow Dash's mom, who is Scootaloo's mom, who is Fluttershy's mom. #canon."

I don't feel it fits or entirely makes sense in Scootaloo's case, though - Unlike AJ's.

Edited by Daring_Do

• 2 years later...

I think that scootaloo might be the kid of a pegasus and an earth pony, and was simply not raised in a household that encouraged flying.  Scoot never went to flight camp, didn't grow up in Coudsdale, or Stratusberg or anywhere inhabited by only pegasi, so she grew up surrounded by earth pony influences.  Her parents still exist, they just exist offscreen.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, rainbow_tash said:

I think that scootaloo might be the kid of a pegasus and an earth pony, and was simply not raised in a household that encouraged flying. 

Or even two earth ponies, who believe in doing things "the earthpony way"....

• Brohoof 1