Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

URL Pictures not working?

MLPFanPony

Most people on the forums use URL pictures. I want to use URL, but every sinle time I paste a URL of a image, a

error suddenly appears on the screen saying Im not alowed to use that image.  It wasn't anything unappropiate. It

was just a pony.  

____________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by MLPFanPony
  • Brohoof 2

Most people on the forums use URL pictures. I want to use URL, but every sinle time I paste a URL of a image, a

error suddenly appears on the screen saying Im not alowed to use that image. It wasn't anything unappropiate. It

was just a pony.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Three questions

1. What site was it from?

2. What was the image extension?

3. You said every time?

• Brohoof 1

I'm not sure if it is any help, but I've had this happen a few times to me before - I think it has happened on images from DeviantArt before, but I don't think that it's been limited to only that site (and I've been able to link to Deviant many other times without any issues). However, the image extensions have always been .png when it has happened.

• Brohoof 2

I'm not sure if it is any help, but I've had this happen a few times to me before - I think it has happened on images from DeviantArt before, but I don't think that it's been limited to only that site (and I've been able to link to Deviant many other times without any issues). However, the image extensions have always been .png when it has happened.

This is weird, as Deviantart isn't in our black list of websites.

Could you try posting a picture here, please? Just to see if this issue repeats, or it was just something ocassional.

• Brohoof 1

This is weird, as Deviantart isn't in our black list of websites.

Could you try posting a picture here, please? Just to see if this issue repeats, or it was just something ocassional.

It's an occasional thing I'm afraid, I've been able to post .pngs from there before and since, it just sometimes seems to happen. If/when it happens again, I can post the link in here if that's any help?

• Brohoof 1

It's an occasional thing I'm afraid, I've been able to post .pngs from there before and since, it just sometimes seems to happen. If/when it happens again, I can post the link in here if that's any help?

You can try. The more information we have, the quickier we'll be able to act to try to resolve your issue.

I will leave this topic open for a while, in case of this issue happening again in a short period of time. If you happen to go accross this again, please post the link here.

• Brohoof 2

Found one, this is the link in question (not a DeviantArt one in this case though): http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120716012509/mlp/images/2/26/Rarity_Hearth's_Warming_Eve_Card_Creator.png

This screenshot shows what the message looks like, the image seems to display ok in the editor, but it won't let me post it.

attachicon.gifrarity failed.png

Hope this helps

Now this is something weird. I tried posting that same picture and I posted it like normal.

c2MxSo8.png

Rarity_Hearth%27s_Warming_Eve_Card_Creat

This is definetly something that is not normal. I will ping the tech staff inmediatly.

• Brohoof 2

This is definetly something that is not normal. I will ping the tech staff inmediatly.

Thanks dude, it's appreciated :)

• Brohoof 1

Try to upload the picture to Imgur, and paste the link there. 

That may also be a problem with the format of the picture. What kind of image file is it? JPG? PNG?

Edited by Caleb Urn
  • Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

Please note: If you want to add pictures from DeviantART, you have to make a rightclick on the picture, click on "Copy URL/Copy Imageadress/Copy adress", then paste the copyied URL in the (add image) window of your Post.