Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OK, I keep seeing people who are leaving or have already left the forums, and most of them don't tend to explain why. With that, I'll cut to the chase: is there something that offends people about the forums, or do that many people really lose interest in ponies after a couple of years. Is the fandom's turnover really that bad?

• Brohoof 6

I am 25 years old and I have loved My Little Pony since I was like... 3. Yes that was the older generation of pony and a lot of the fandom are younger people who might grow out of it at some point. But you do have those who will always be a fan. 

I would hope however, that if people were being offended or anything like that they would go to a moderator. I have yet to see anyone post anything negative or rude to anyone else. There are heated debates over certain topics but those are in the debate threads and so on. 

I don't think the turn over is that bad, but people can get consumed with social media and such and they lose track of other things. School is starting soon for a lot of people and that could be part of it. 

• Brohoof 5

I actually posted a thread very similar to this before as I had the same question.

Oopsies! Probably should have searched to see if one already existed first :please:. They'll probably either delete this one or merge 'me or something. How long ago was yours?

• Brohoof 2

Oopsies! Probably should have searched to see if one already existed first :please:. They'll probably either delete this one or merge 'me or something. How long ago was yours?

Oh, no don't worry about  :pout:

I think I made it in early January?

• Brohoof 3

Many new users leave shortly after joining because this is a common occurence for forums. They'll be interested, join, make a few posts, then decide that forums just aren't for them, which is perfectly understandable. Not everyone likes this sort of post/profile/community style. I've noticed even veterans leaving forums after some time due to burnout, real life activities catching their time, disputes with fellow members or mods, or lack of interest in the product. This isn't necessarily an MLPForum's specific issue. In fact, I think the MLPForums has a very lively community that encourages users to tag along for awhile and does a good job at it. This community is very embracing and comfortable to settle in to.

So while members may leave, out of all the forums I've been a part of, it's at a less common rate than usual for forums. The Brony fandom is one which is able to keep people interested in the fandom itself even if they are burnt out on the show. Lots of people around here don't watch the show at all yet are active users.

• Brohoof 15

Many new users leave shortly after joining because this is a common occurence for forums. They'll be interested, join, make a few posts, then decide that forums just aren't for them, which is perfectly understandable. Not everyone likes this sort of post/profile/community style. I've noticed even veterans leaving forums after some time due to burnout, real life activities catching their time, disputes with fellow members or mods, or lack of interest in the product. This isn't necessarily an MLPForum's specific issue. In fact, I think the MLPForums has a very lively community that encourages users to tag along for awhile and does a good job at it. This community is very embracing and comfortable to settle in to.

So while members may leave, out of all the forums I've been a part of, it's at a less common rate than usual for forums. The Brony fandom is one which is able to keep people interested in the fandom itself even if they are burnt out on the show. Lots of people around here don't watch the show at all yet are active users.

I think the friend system here must make it more noticeable when somebody leaves on here, because I used to be a very active member of an automotive blog, and I never noticed people leaving.

• Brohoof 2

I feel like maybe their real life gets in the way. They may feel like it is eating away at their time that they could be doing school work, studying, working, with family, etc. Some people are prone to growing addicted to games, internet based things, etc. I am one of those.. haha.. Soooo. That is just another thought.

• Brohoof 5

I don't think the reason people are leaving the forums is because they don't have that much interest in the show anymore but more that their real life gets in the way. That is the most common reason i see people leave and i've seen tons of people who i saw when i first joined this forums leave... quite upsetting really to tell the truth.

I'm surprised i haven't left the forums really since i don't have that much interest in the show anymore sadly. Still love the show and still makes me laugh but after all... it's just a cartoon and everyone gets tired of a cartoon in time. Though i think the reason i can't leave is because this place is like a second home to me, so many friends.

• Brohoof 5

People leave places all the time, especially on the internet, where everything is fleeting. Because most people, from what I've observed, just don't take the internet as seriously as their real lives. Especially a community about a silly children's show. (Unlike me, but I have no life outside of this computer. :3)  Either that or they make excuses and pretend they have lives when they don't just to look cool or something. It's no big deal. Just enjoy the time you've got now and don't pay attention to them.

Because nothing lasts forever. Everything ends. But right now isn't that time yet, even though I do think it's probably more stagnant in growth than it was in the past. This is all just a part of a natural life span. Birth, growth, stagnation, decline, and death.

• Brohoof 4

I don't think the reason people are leaving the forums is because they don't have that much interest in the show anymore but more that their real life gets in the way. That is the most common reason i see people leave and i've seen tons of people who i saw when i first joined this forums leave... quite upsetting really to tell the truth.

I'm surprised i haven't left the forums really since i don't have that much interest in the show anymore sadly. Still love the show and still makes me laugh but after all... it's just a cartoon and everyone gets tired of a cartoon in time. Though i think the reason i can't leave is because this place is like a second home to me, so many friends.

For me personally, the show is more than just a show. It is a very useful social skills enhancer/learning tool as well. ;)http://www.raisetheflagforautism.com/asd-and-me/

• Brohoof 4

People have many different reasons they leave the forums. It might be that they're a new member and the site just wasn't for them, it might be due to loss of interest in the show, it might be due to friends getting disputes/banned. At least those seem to be the main reasons I see people leave. But as big people leave, new big people come in. I can tell you that the big users here a year ago are a hell of a lot different than the current userbase. It's kind of like having different generations of family members or just a city. Some move out, some stay or some move in. It's just how life works.

• Brohoof 7

For me personally, the show is more than just a show. It is a very useful social skills enhancer/learning tool as well. ;)http://www.raisetheflagforautism.com/asd-and-me/

I remember when i first became a brony and i was basically obsessed with the show XD. I thought it was amazing and i wanted all the plushes and such. I wanted to go to bronycon and so on. Though now... I don't really care XD. I still want to go to bronycon but i'm no longer as desperate to go as i was 

• Brohoof 1

There is very little conversations actually had at this rate. Ironically this might actually be because the mods heavy-handed way that they lock forums that 'do not create conversations'. 

4Chan is a more social place this, which is kinda sad.

• Brohoof 4

I've been on the forums for just over 3 years now, in that time i have left a few times. I never say that i'm leaving it just tends to happen, i keep up with the show and fandom, most of the time it has been as a result of browsing the forums for a while and not finding a single interesting thread to post in, after more time browsing and not posting i just tend to forget to come back and check on things, eventually getting to a point where i've effectively "quit" the forums for a few months.

• Brohoof 2

Personally, I've left a few times and came back out of habit. I get tired of dealing with people. It's not necessarily that I always get in fights (I do, but that's irrelevant :P ) but I just don't feel like dealing with peoples' shit anymore. That on top of a lack of conversation a lot of the time just doesn't inspire me to stay. I have better things to do with my time than browse a forum I won't ever talk to people on.

• Brohoof 4

People have different reasons for leaving. Sometimes it's real life, sometimes it's lack of interest in the show(I actually think this is the least likely though), sometimes it's because of frustrations with the community or mods, or maybe the forums just isn't for them. Regardless though, this is still a pretty active community, just as many people leave, many people will join

• Brohoof 2

As a returning member I know when I left I don't think I had a post why but real life ended up taking over and I just kinda slipped away and the forums ended up in the back of my mind. It wasn't anything back just things changed. Then I remembered about them and rushed back! Though I don't think anyone noticed I was gone or missed me :/ Such is life!

I do think the community is really supportive and the Mods seem to be good. When people need help or want to complain it seems to be handled fairly well so I would assume they either drift away due to real life or another reason. Maybe even just a vacation or something. Now school is also starting back up

• Brohoof 2

Some people just grow bored of forums. 

I am a member of mulitple forums, and I have seen people grow bored or leave. Sometimes it was real life problems. Sometimes these goodbyes can be painful.

I remember when I joined this site around February. I made a introduction post, then kinda left. Now I'm back and am ready to actually get into the community. 

Whenever somepony leaves, someone else nice will take their place in the community.

• Brohoof 1

This is a general behaviour of many forums, sadly. I've gone to several with high amounts of people and yet I see posts from last year still on the front page of some boards. This just screams inactive, but what I don't know is where the demand went?

• Brohoof 2