Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

fandom q+a Horse Wife Q&A

Simon

Welp, this thread has been a long time coming.  I won't bore everybody with a long introduction cause we all want to get down to finding out all of Horse Wife's deep dark secrets asking polite and appropriate questions.

For those of you living under a rock, TJPones, author of the beloved Horse Wife tumblr blog is joining us today for our monthly fandom Q&A.  He'll be answering questions until 3 pm PST, so now's your chance to ask all those burning questions you have about everybody's favorite peanut butter loving horse.

As always, I'll get the ball rolling with a question we all want to know the answer to...

What the hell is with the peanut butter? :D

Spam your questions below.  All the questions.

• Brohoof 13

I LOVE YOU HORSE WIFE CREATOR

Oh, and now to make a question in the name of someone that couldn't assist, aka @11th Doctor Whooves,

How did you got inspired to create the character of Horse Wife?

• Brohoof 3

Hey there, TJ, thank you so much for joining us today!  Got another question I'm sure everyone would love to know the answer to.  What's the hardest thing for you to draw (either in general, or something you regularly end up drawing in your posts, either one works)?  :sunbutt:

• Brohoof 1

What was your motivation for starting the Horse Wife comic?

I LOVE YOU HORSE WIFE CREATOR

Oh, and now to make a question in the name of someone that couldn't assist, aka @11th Doctor Whooves,

How did you got inspired to create the character of Horse Wife?

What inspired you to start Horse Wife, if anything in particular?

I suddenly came into a position where I had a ton of free time and was absolutely in LOVE with ponies. A friend of mine had just shown me a little about how to draw them which despite being something of an artist already I was pretty lousy at.

I just adore newspaper comics and I wanted to make a strip in the same vein as them and I wanted to get better at drawing ponies and doing cartoons so I just...did!

As for Horsewife specifically, I was in a group chat where someone linked the website "IsYourGirlfriendAHorse" and I cracked the joke "No but my wife is" and someone said Horsewife and so I drew the first Horsewife Comic and the rest is history I guess!

• Brohoof 12

How did you learn to draw like that?

Hey there, TJ, thank you so much for joining us today!  Got another question I'm sure everyone would love to know the answer to.  What's the hardest thing for you to draw (either in general, or something you regularly end up drawing in your posts, either one works)?  :sunbutt:

I took a year of "fine arts" at a community college years ago and I actually used to (and still want to) study concept art pretty diligently! It doesnt show in my cartoonery but I'm a little versed in colour theory and perspective and values and rendering and all that. If you look back at the original Horsewife comics you'll see they kinda suck!

So the only answer is Daily Practice!

Talent is a word that lives on the lips of the lazy after all ;)

The hardest thing for me to draw is hands, hind legs on ponies, and the insides of mouths with the teeth and the tongue and all that.

...and elipses in the proper minor axis.

• Brohoof 6

The hardest thing for me to draw is hands, hind legs on ponies, and the insides of mouths with the teeth and the tongue and all that.

...and elipses in the proper minor axis.

HOLY CRAP, that's the exact same stuff I have difficulty with! :o I feel you. *solemnly brohoofs*

• Brohoof 1

Are there plans to create a horse wife video, and if so who would be the voice of Brownie Bun?

I have something planned for halloween. Thats all I'll say. There are fans who have expressed interest in horsewife animated too! I think eventually i'd like to help in making at least one voiced thing. Dunno who'd voice Brownie at all. Lots of good voice talent out there!

Is there a kid in their future?! :D

Also what program do you use?

The number one question I get asked is this. The tuthful answer is "Maybe" I don't know!" Sorry!

I use Photoshop CS6

Hey there!

Do you ever try to draw with a paper and pen?  How good are you?

Yes I almost exclusively draw with ballpoint pens when I do traditional. A habit I got from reading Scott Robertsons How to Draw. I am terrible at it.

Will you hop on our CS:GO server sometimes so I can shoot you in the face, it'd be a great AWPortunity to get to know you :):pinkie:  

My internet is so bad I wouldnt find out you shot me for a week

Are you 'horse famous' now ?

I have a little ribbon I got at BronyCan that says #NotHorseFamous. Thats my story and im sticking to it.

Where on Earth does Horse Wife and her husband live?

They live in British Columbia Canada!

• Brohoof 7