Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

fandom q+a Horse Wife Q&A

Simon

*Excited changeling horse noises* Sweet! It's happening! Love the comic, dude.

I'm curious, though. What aspect about the show do you like the most: The more slice of life episodes or those where the girls go out and see new places?

For me it's all about the morals. MLP has lots of little morals we all know being adults but it's just nice to see them being presented neatly and cleverly and also having them passed to kids!

Pinkie Pride is an episode I love a lot for 1,000,000 reasons but the best part is the moral that "Just because someone is better at you at what you identify yourself with doesn't make you enemies. They can be your inspiration, and even come together to create something greater than the sum of its parts". Thats what I got out of it anyways

What kind of music do you like? :)

Lots. Almost all

My favorite songs are

Blue Monday

Don't Fear the Reaper

Hang Me (Oh Hang Me)

A Man of Constant Sorrow (By the "Soggy Bottom Boys" )

Light Up the Night

Obla Di Obla Da (The Beatles White Album)

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

Electric Feel

The list goes on...

I don't really have questions aside from the one I submitted on the tumblr itself, but I do have things to say.

The chemistry between the two is very natural and their dialogue conveys an easy peace between them. Just from a writer to a writer, good job. I also adore how you have played them as a happily married couple, they remind me a little of my own parents and that's a compliment.

Thanks! Sometimes I think it feels a little stilted and awkward but I try my best to make my characters talk the way people actually speak to eachother. To a limit...in reality theres a lot more "Hey uuuuuuuuuh um you know like that uuuuuuh"

• Brohoof 5

I'm a big fan of newspaper comics like Bloom County, Far Side, Calvin and Hobbes, Dilbert, the list goes on. I wanted to make my comic like that. Little regular strips and occasional big ones. So monochrome just seemed natural.

It's also easier >_>

I love Team Fortress 2 but sadly my internet is too poor to play it generally. I do not game much but my favorite games are Theif and Theif 2. Recently i've been big into Space Engineers and I have a big interest int hings that let oyu build.

Just last night I built an "electrolytic converter" to turn water into hydrogen and oxygen except I messed up and used salt as an electrolyte so I produced hydrogren and sodium hydroxide and deadly chlorine has instead. Oops!

(Protip dont do that)

I make pasta for dinner probably once every 2 weeks.

Thank you for answering my question. I also would like to know what is your favorite drawing that you have drawn and also do you like Sonic the Hedgehog? Thank you.

• Brohoof 2

Her royal trollness asked me to convey a question to you on her behalf. *ahem* Do you like... bananas?  :comeatus:

130861__safe_princess+celestia_animated_

:nom:

• Brohoof 3

What is you favorite beverage and snack combination and why is it Mt Dew and Doritos?

It's actually All Dressed Ruffles and Fresca.

What keeps you inspired and thinking of new things for your characters to experience? Do you have any big twists or changes coming up for your characters?

Most of the time when I am waiting for the bus I like to make up conversations between two imaginary characters arguing about things. Being a crazy person they usually crack me up and I just sorta save them for later. I also like to misinturpret questions for a laugh so just browsing my questions inbox is usually enough inspiration. And when all else fails just draw a dramatic silly face >_>

Wop wop

How do you deal with haters?

Some people hate on me for silly reasons but the vast vast majority of "haters" have very legitimate complaints! Art Quality, Writing, Blog Management and all that kind of stuff. If someone tells me Isuck 99 times out of 100 they're right, it might sting but 100% of the time it produces a better drawing or a better joke.

I have an extreme distaste for people who just shrug off criticism with "Haters gonna hate"

That said I do of course reserve the right just just shrug and say "Nah"

• Brohoof 6

Why doesn't Hubby just OnePunch the tumblr message box when it needs to be emptied? ;)

And @Simon, we both know Derpy is the superior pony.

• Brohoof 3

For me it's all about the morals. MLP has lots of little morals we all know being adults but it's just nice to see them being presented neatly and cleverly and also having them passed to kids!

Pinkie Pride is an episode I love a lot for 1,000,000 reasons but the best part is the moral that "Just because someone is better at you at what you identify yourself with doesn't make you enemies. They can be your inspiration, and even come together to create something greater than the sum of its parts". Thats what I got out of it anyways

Lots. Almost all

My favorite songs are

Blue Monday

Don't Fear the Reaper

Hang Me (Oh Hang Me)

A Man of Constant Sorrow (By the "Soggy Bottom Boys" )

Light Up the Night

Obla Di Obla Da (The Beatles White Album)

Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

Electric Feel

The list goes on...

Thanks! Sometimes I think it feels a little stilted and awkward but I try my best to make my characters talk the way people actually speak to eachother. To a limit...in reality theres a lot more "Hey uuuuuuuuuh um you know like that uuuuuuh"

No I know what you mean.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RealisticDictionIsUnrealistic

I was merely remarking that I find it heartwarming how close the two seem. Their love feels natural.  :)

By the way, no need to answer here, but my question on the tumblr was:

"This is sort of for both of you. When you guys were still going out, when did each of you know the other was "the one" and was it the same time for both of you or separate?"

• Brohoof 1

You created an amazing comic, and I have three questions.

1. What was the inspiration for creating Horse Wife, aside from MLP? In other words, why start it?

2. Your favorite canon MLP character is?

3. How did you meet Brownie Bun?

• Brohoof 2

Who is best pony and why is it Fluttershy?

Purple Princess Book Horse

Is Horse Wife your OC or Ponysona? Love Horse Wife by the way, and also best pony from MLP?

I guess Horsewife would be my OC. I don't have a ponysona exactly...The little green pony I made as an avatar is the closest I have to that!

Her royal trollness asked me to convey a question to you on her behalf. *ahem* Do you like... bananas?  :comeatus:

:nom:

Bananas are natures handgun

• Brohoof 7

Woohoo! Fellow purplesmart lover! /)

• Brohoof 1

Bananas are natures handgun

Her royal trollness is pleased with your answer.  :proud:

full.png

Pew pew  :derp:

• Brohoof 4

What other Creative or artistic ideas/projects do you have in the works?.........................also...........have a pop-tart \/

Check out Horse Game! It's in super secret development right now but there's a demo out. I do some internet development art for them and the occasional poster or website elements!

Hey Horse wife, how did you get into MLP?

What other shows do you watch?

How do you like this forum?

Just the same way everyone does I guess, got hit by the tidal wave of the great Ponynado of Summer 2011

Rick and Morty, South Park, i've seen a little Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, Star vs THe Forces of Evil, Adventure Time a few seasons. Probably some i'm missing.

I like it's quote feature!

You created an amazing comic, and I have three questions.

1. What was the inspiration for creating Horse Wife, aside from MLP? In other words, why start it?

2. Your favorite canon MLP character is?

3. How did you meet Brownie Bun?

Just wanted to make a fun little daily strip with cute stuff! See other answers for details =P

Twilot Sprankle

Brownie Bun is a fictional character you cannot meet ._.

• Brohoof 4