Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do people mistake your age?

Kyabetsuko

Not really sure, I guess I look, speak and act pretty much according to my age. It's always hard to guess people's age online thus it may happen to be mistaken for either younger or older. I don't have many people telling me that they guessed me to be younger or older or even make guesses about my age.

I'm 20.

When I was in college, people tended to mistake me for 15.  One time I was out with my girlfriend and a librarian thought she was my mom.  o.O  Now that I'm about to turn 30 people assume I'm around 21.  Then when I tell them I'm married and taking college classes a second time (with a significant gap in between), they get really surprised and confused.

People say it's good to look younger than you are, but I've mostly found that people take me less seriously before they know my real age.  Respected, as a first impression, seems more useful than attractive, at least to me.

Well when I was a teen and went with my mum to her university, people would mistake me for a student there.  Nowadays, people tend to think I'm a teenager.  What the...?

I've been mistaken for being older in the Internet, when I was 13 most people from forums and stuff were like "I can't believe you are that young!" No pic involved though.

If someone sees me irl, people think I'm between 17-20, when I'm actually 22. And if you take a look at my shopping... Probably 5yo lol.

People think I am older since I run a group and plus I look a bit older than I really am. (I do use my stage age a lot so people go by that instead of my real age)

Lots of people tend to think I am younger with my personality and how I look, online people think I am younger more cause of my personality. xD

Though some get it spot on the majority tend to think I am younger. But I guess that is a compliment right? xD

• Brohoof 1

All the time...apparently I still look like I'm 16 (despite my gray hairs) because people are always so shocked when they find out my real age. They always tell me they figured I was still in high school. But hey, I'm not complaining. Forever young man!  :scoots: 

• Brohoof 1

Yes indeedy. I think I look a little bit ambiguous. Some younger people tend to mistake me as being much older. I once was mistaken for a teacher back when I was a student in high school....  And then there's people who have mistaken me as my mom's sister or my grandfather's daughter. That feeling is just the worst. -_-

Older people tend to think I'm actually younger than what I am. Most of my fellow coworkers thought I was 18-20 and were genuinely surprised to hear otherwise. Most people either think I'm younger than I am or are right on the money with their estimates, with only a few ding-dongs being way off. Thank goodness, I have enough insecurities as it is. :adorkable:

• Brohoof 1

All the time...apparently I still look like I'm 16 (despite my gray hairs) because people are always so shocked when they find out my real age. They always tell me they figured I was still in high school. But hey, I'm not complaining. Forever young man!  :scoots:

Hah that's how I look at it too  :squee: I'm 22 but everyone says I look 16-17!

• Brohoof 1

There's been a few people that thought I was older than I am; really can't blame them, since I'm nothing like other people in my age group. :P My skin doesn't look very youthful either, plus the fact I very rarely smile means I add a few years to my face that way. x3