Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do people mistake your age?

Kyabetsuko

On the odd occasion.

Someone I knew recently was gobsmacked when they discovered I was 31, she thought I was in my early-mid twenties.

Last year I got IDed for alcohol as well (18 in the UK). Apparently having a haircut and getting rid of the face-fuzz, 'does me wonders'.

I'm around 15, and people commonly mistake me for being somewhere in my twenties, or sometimes even thirties! It's kinda silly, because a lot of times this get's brought up because various stores want to hire me (and I REAAALLY don't like the idea of working at a GameStop or a computer store). Bonus story, some guy bought my friend a drink because the guy mistook him for a girl (bought it for him as an apology), it was pretty silly to watch.

To be fair dude, that's entirely reasonable. And it's only going to get 'worse' as you get older. Establishments, employers and employees face significant repercussions if they are caught breaking the law, especially when it comes to alcohol (I work in a pub).

As a result they tend to fully exercise their legal duty to enquire on your right for you to engage in an activity - it is simply not worth the risk to get it wrong. When it comes to bigger companies with large amounts of anonymous customer volumes, that risk aversion becomes ever greater.

I'm 20 and people say I look 16. Haha whenever they see me next to my sister they say we either look like twins or like she's my older sister, when I'm the older sister.

• 1 month later...

People think I'm older, usually. They often will say I'm 20-something when I'm just 18!

I've been able to walk into bars and be marked as 21, even though I just turned 20, and I don't even own a fake ID. So I guess I must look around 25+ish, which is a blessing.

All the time! D:

I'm super tiny, like around 5'1" >o<

I look 14 and I act 14, so people usually don't believe me when I say I'm 18...

Can't even get a drink without people asking my ID ;-;

And the worst part of all, there's literally no upside to this :(

Most people think im older then I originally am, due to my height at most, iv always been a tall person. Outgrowing my mom and slowly outgrowing my step-dad, I remember when I was in middle school (6th) highschool students would whistle at me when I pass by the school on my way to a store, my mom screamed at them once because she thought it was inappropriate and they got terrified when they realized I was way younger then them.

People very often mistake my age.

When I didn't shave myself people think I'm above 30, when I shvae myself poeple think I'm in college, even when I talk with someone on Skype, then also people think I'm ~25 but I'm only 17 and people always can't believe I'm so young.

Edited by Yarishia

• 3 years later...

It has happened too often for me. I've been mistaken for up to at least eleven years older than my actual age before.