Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Disharmonic Equestria (Adventure, Dark, Exploration) (Open)

Demirari

Ah okay, I didn't know how long ago it had happened. Let me fix that.

EDIT: How does it look now?

Looks good.

And also, if you guys wanna give some suggestions for world-building, please feel free to do so.

I'd like to join! My OC would be Hazmat.

Hazmat: a Pegasus, black fur and black mane/tail. Has red eyes (explanation in background story) and inner wings red as well. (Eyes and wings glow a soft neon red.)

Back ground story: while living in a mountain peak, high above the world, but not above the clouds,he stayed there alone, making his own little chemical weapons.

Cutie Mark: three cog wheels in a triangular form with a tread going around them as each cog wheel speels out "G-A-S".

He started to come up with his own lethal chemical that was inspired by old war. It was called "Vanadium sulphrite". The basics of it was sulphur and vanadium crystal.

the chemical turned from a solid, toliquid red, then into a gas-like neon red. Hazmat was intruiged by this and contained it in a vile. after a few minutes of the chemical sitting in the bottle,he releases the lid to see what would happen. with the heat from the vanadium and the hint of sulphur mixed in with oxygen in the air made the compound... Volatile. upon instinct hazmat extended his wings to fly from danger. Sadly, without any protection from the away chemicals it mutated his wings, eyes, and blood stream into that vanadium sulphrite.

He lays there with crystal forming over his frontal body as he in a "hyper sleep". Slowly changing his DNA and other building blocks of what made him. His wings were more durable. As in they cannot be broken by blunt objects. It has to be sharp, or faster than normal swings (bullets as an example). His bodys biotemperature increased to 108° so he cannot stand heat that well. His eyes represent defensiveness. If just neon red iris, he is OK. But, if threatened or nervous, his whole eye turned neon red as the iris turns neon white with bloodshot neon white veins.

Edited by Volframite

I'd like to join! My OC would be Hazmat.

Hazmat: a Pegasus, black fur and black mane/tail. Has red eyes (explanation in background story) and inner wings red as well. (Eyes and wings glow a soft neon red.)

Back ground story: while living in a mountain peak, high above the world, but not above the clouds,he stayed there alone, making his own little chemical weapons.

Cutie Mark: three cog wheels in a triangular form with a tread going around them as each cog wheel speels out "G-A-S".

He started to come up with his own lethal chemical that was inspired by old war. It was called "Vanadium sulphrite". The basics of it was sulphur and vanadium crystal.

the chemical turned from a solid, toliquid red, then into a gas-like neon red. Hazmat was intruiged by this and contained it in a vile. after a few minutes of the chemical sitting in the bottle,he releases the lid to see what would happen. with the heat from the vanadium and the hint of sulphur mixed in with oxygen in the air made the compound... Volatile. upon instinct hazmat extended his wings to fly from danger. Sadly, without any protection from the away chemicals it mutated his wings, eyes, and blood stream into that vanadium sulphrite.

He lays there with crystal forming over his frontal body as he in a "hyper sleep". Slowly changing his DNA and other building blocks of what made him. His wings were more durable. As in they cannot be broken by blunt objects. It has to be sharp, or faster than normal swings (bullets as an example). His bodys biotemperature increased to 108° so he cannot stand heat that well. His eyes represent defensiveness. If just neon red iris, he is OK. But, if threatened or nervous, his whole eye turned neon red as the iris turns neon white with bloodshot neon white veins.

Ah, you're here! Wonderful, mind telling me what equipment he'll be bringing? :3

Ah, you're here! Wonderful, mind telling me what equipment he'll be bringing? :3

A battle saddle! Two gun with different approaches to a situation. On one side, it has a painted diagonal green line. That represents a hazardous gas it can spew out. The other, is liquid plutonium-239. Marked with a yellow line. Melts skin right off the bone like a child licking icecream off a stick! But that is rarely used for it can radiate the surrounding. Don't wanna seem too op.

Since my traveling partner is driving right now I have a bit of time to work, so I decided that I would throw together my character pitch.

As a base I'll be using my character End Game, linked here: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/end-game-r2631, but with several changes.

Personality, appearance, and cutie mark are the same, but his abilities and back story are definitely going to be different.

Back story for this RP:

End Game had only heard stories of the world before the Disharmony came. The light, the beauty, the progress that had occurred in that time were all just legends to him. However, these stories gave him hope for the future and a reason to keep going even when things seemed darkest.

He had been lucky enough that his parents were engineers before things became Disharmonic, and as such he had plenty of material to learn from as he grew up. He discovered he had a talent for gunsmithing, a talent that gave him a place in the darker world that Disharmony had brought. He became an arms dealer who specialized in rare or hard to find ammunition. One such rare type of ammunition was the way he discovered his cutie mark.

On one scavenging expedition outside of the underground shelter he called home he found a set of access tunnels that led to a long-abandoned reactor. While the reactor didn't have an active power element, it did have an extensive storage full of depleted uranium, which was inert but incredibly dense.

After he recovered the first barrel of this material he started to learn the secrets of working with it, and he wound up crafting a magazine worth of them to be saved for emergencies. Unfortunately, a cave in prevented him from ever retrieving more of the metal, though he always kept an eye out for more, especially if he could find enough to build a full weapon out of it.

Gear:

6.5mm Grendel battle rifle, designed for long range accuracy and armor piercing while retaining ergonomics and weapon control.

.45 pistol lightened and made low-profile for concealed carry. This semiautomatic sidearm is better suited for single precise shots than many rapid ones, but can be used for either purpose in a pinch.

Survival knife for close quarters and any cutting that needs to be done.

End Game carries a standard gas mask, a flashlight, his weapon cleaning equipment, and the reloading kit that allows him to alter existing bullets between calibers and types. His final possession is a lead case that carries the ten remaining DU rounds he has, two of each of the following types:

Sabot: A 5.56 shell in a 6.5 case with extra gunpowder designed for extreme velocity and raw material penetration

Hollow Point: A bullet that squashes against the target to create a larger wound channel and dissipate the force against whatever it hits, in order to stop a target where it stands

Incendiary: A bullet coated in a mixture of phosphorous and magnesium that bursts into flames upon contact with open air once it has been fired. Good for anti-personnel fighting, but causing horrific injuries that prevent him from firing them in all but the most extreme of circumstances.

Blackout: A pair of rounds equipped with an alloy even rarer than the DU that causes magical mechanisms near it to short out unless they are hardened. End Game prepared these in case he needs to break anything magical, though he doesn't know if he will ever need it.

Edited by FractalMoon

(edited)

Since my traveling partner is driving right now I have a bit of time to work, so I decided that I would throw together my character pitch.

As a base I'll be using my character End Game, linked here: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/end-game-r2631, but with several changes.

Personality, appearance, and cutie mark are the same, but his abilities and back story are definitely going to be different.

Back story for this RP:

End Game had only heard stories of the world before the Disharmony came. The light, the beauty, the progress that had occurred in that time were all just legends to him. However, these stories gave him hope for the future and a reason to keep going even when things seemed darkest.

He had been lucky enough that his parents were engineers before things became Disharmonic, and as such he had plenty of material to learn from as he grew up. He discovered he had a talent for gunsmithing, a talent that gave him a place in the darker world that Disharmony had brought. He became an arms dealer who specialized in rare or hard to find ammunition. One such rare type of ammunition was the way he discovered his cutie mark.

On one scavenging expedition outside of the underground shelter he called home he found a set of access tunnels that led to a long-abandoned reactor. While the reactor didn't have an active power element, it did have an extensive storage full of depleted uranium, which was inert but incredibly dense.

After he recovered the first barrel of this material he started to learn the secrets of working with it, and he wound up crafting a magazine worth of them to be saved for emergencies. Unfortunately, a cave in prevented him from ever retrieving more of the metal, though he always kept an eye out for more, especially if he could find enough to build a full weapon out of it.

Gear:

6.5mm Grendel battle rifle, designed for long range accuracy and armor piercing while retaining ergonomics and weapon control.

.45 pistol lightened and made low-profile for concealed carry. This semiautomatic sidearm is better suited for single precise shots than many rapid ones, but can be used for either purpose in a pinch.

Survival knife for close quarters and any cutting that needs to be done.

End Game carries a standard gas mask, a flashlight, his weapon cleaning equipment, and the reloading kit that allows him to alter existing bullets between calibers and types. His final possession is a lead case that carries the ten remaining DU rounds he has, two of each of the following types:

Sabot: A 5.56 shell in a 6.5 case with extra gunpowder designed for extreme velocity and raw material penetration

Hollow Point: A bullet that squashes against the target to create a larger wound channel and dissipate the force against whatever it hits, in order to stop a target where it stands

Incendiary: A bullet coated in a mixture of phosphorous and magnesium that bursts into flames upon contact with open air once it has been fired. Good for anti-personnel fighting, but causing horrific injuries that prevent him from firing them in all but the most extreme of circumstances.

Blackout: A pair of rounds equipped with an alloy even rarer than the DU that causes magical mechanisms near it to short out unless they are hardened. End Game prepared these in case he needs to break anything magical, though he doesn't know if he will ever need it.

So descriptive! Sounds like he's carrying some fantastic equipment.

FractalMoon, since you're going to be on a trip/is currently on a trip, you don't need to post immediately or a day after the RP is posted. I can write a special introductions for you when you come back, to ease you into the RP. 

And one question: did you RP in Fallout Alternate? 

----

Alright folks, we got our unlucky eight ponies that'll be partaking in this grand adventure. The RP post should be up either tomorrow or on Thursday. 

Edited by Demirari

So descriptive! Sounds like he's carrying some fantastic equipment.

FractalMoon, since you're going to be on a trip/is currently on a trip, you don't need to post immediately or a day after the RP is posted. I can write a special introductions for you when you come back, to ease you into the RP. 

And one question: did you RP in Fallout Alternate? 

----

Alright folks, we got our unlucky eight ponies that'll be partaking in this grand adventure. The RP post should be up either tomorrow or on Thursday. 

He's carrying a few nice toys, but the drawback is it requires him to be somewhere safe whenever he wants to make bullets for his rifle, and the pistol is more prone to fouling than a normal .45 would be.

Don't worry, I'll be here, just posting somewhat infrequently as I travel across the great divide that is the United States West and Midwest on my way to college.

And yes, I did.

He's carrying a few nice toys, but the drawback is it requires him to be somewhere safe whenever he wants to make bullets for his rifle, and the pistol is more prone to fouling than a normal .45 would be.

Don't worry, I'll be here, just posting somewhat infrequently as I travel across the great divide that is the United States West and Midwest on my way to college.

And yes, I did.

I see, alright, that is fine. 

Ah, I had some suspicion. Well then, hope you'll like this RP as we'll all ride on the train in beating Fallout RP in either views or sheer amounts of posts. 

I see, alright, that is fine. 

Ah, I had some suspicion. Well then, hope you'll like this RP as we'll all ride on the train in beating Fallout RP in either views or sheer amounts of posts. 

I suppose that's the goal. Can't wait to see how things go.

Sorry i wasn't on for a few days; I was pretty busy.

Let's just say that Silver Shine didn't talk while I wasn't here

That's alright. You didn't miss much, just some minor introductions and such.

Sorry everyone, I couldn't post today, but tomorrow I will finish the post introducing them to Mareington (finally). From there, who knows what will happen.  ;)

Hello can I still join this rp? If so my oc flamestreak is in my sig

Ah yes, I'm planning on opening four more positions in this RP. Though, your OC's role in this RP will be more different compared to the eight, but still important and (hopefully) a protagonist in nature. 

Please tell me his equipment and what you think he would be in this world.

Ex. Deserter, bandit, scavenger, soldier, etc. 

Everyone that is (still) in this RP, please buckle your seat belts. It isn't going to be as slow-paced as it is for the past few pages, it'll be sky-rocketing, i.e. action.