Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What forums are you following?

Ezynell

Pretty self explanatory, just say which forums you follow and why. If your not following any, which one do you check most often?

I used to be following all of them back when we had like 4, and we got less then 20 new topics a day, now I've cut that down to only "Site Questions and Feedback", "SugarCube Corner", "Fan Music", and "Canterlot Castle".

• Brohoof 1

Pretty self explanatory, just say which forums you follow and why. If your not following any, which one do you check most often?

I didn't actually realize that you could follow a forum until I read your post just now and then went to look. ^_^

I guess, now that I know about this, I will follow "Canterlot Castle", "Sugarcube Corner", "Fan Art", and "Fan Music". Thank you for the unintentional tip!

• Brohoof 2

Everfree Forest (General discussion and Media discussion) because i find a lot of the posts in there interesting, and i check SugarCube Corner occasionally. I guess that's about it. I do, however, keep a constant eye on the recent topic section and if i see something interesting i'll look at it. (Going by that i click on a lot of the art topics when i see them, so i guess i visit the Pony Art section of Octavia's Hall a fair amount also).

Edit: Oh i was also unaware of the follow button! I thought you were referring to the places you go through the most :P So ya as Scootacool said, thanks for the tip!

Edited by LowfatEnvelope

I only follow everything in RP World. The new topic ratio is actually really low, because old topics get more updates. So it's really easy to follow. I do it so I can know what's being made, since I'm the moderator of the forums.

The rest of the other ones are too deluged constantly with topics to follow.

• Brohoof 1

I only like getting notifications when somebody quotes my post. Following a forum would clutter up my notes waaaay too much.

That being said, everfree and a few RPs I'm in do have dedicated tabs (as in, the browser that I never close always has at least one tab for each).

(edited)

OMG! we can follow forums?

Eeyup, it notifies you whenever a topic is made in a forum ;) Don't follow too many though, you could easily end up receiving 50-200 emails a day.

Edited by Ezynell

I don't actually follow any forums. I don't like getting too many notification. :3

But the one I visit the most are Show Discussion, Sugarcube Corner and Everfree Forest (mostly general discussion) I also like to check out Creative Ressources (previously art discussion) even though I don't post a lot there.

Everfree Forest is what I'm usually on.

I feel the 'on-topic' forums tend to have many threads that don't peak my interest. Not because there's anything wrong with pony discussions, but I feel there are too many topics there along the lines of a silly question, with an obvious answer and others that just seem like you have to post in them first to get anything meaningful across, otherwise you're just reiterating what someone said a few posts earlier.

• Brohoof 1

Sugarcube Corner, Show Discussion, Episode Discussion, and Star Swirl Memorial Tower (only visible to staff)

If it weren't for moderating purposes, I wouldn't follow any forums. I feel it's unnecessary and just clutters up my inbox/notification list. Being a moderator though, it's useful to get notifications of new threads in the sections I'm over.