Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long have you been drawing?

Grtxkkyz

I've been drawing ever since I was a smol child! :D

But I started taking art seriously in 6th grade, and I realized I wanted to have a career in art. So, I've been *seriously* drawing for about..... 3 years? 4? Yeah. It takes time, but it's worth it!

• 2 weeks later...

Idk tbh I don't even remember when I started because I was like in my early childhood when I did and I'm 18 now so at least 10 years maybe more. But most of those years I sucked at art in my early childhood though. Even now I'm not perfect.

Edited by Emerald Meteor

Children usually draw. So I wouldn't want to say I've been drawing since I was two, that just sounds silly. I've been interested in improving since I was about seven, because I had no talent for anything else.

Since WAAAAaaaay back,

I'll never forget my first drawings, 

it was all the way back in the first grade :)

my classmate was a high school freshman

who had been required to attend some of my classes because of a class requirement.

He used to doodle Pokemon a lot , mostly cute things like pikachu and squirtle and such, 

I loved the drawings so much that I sneakily took them from the trash bin every time he threw them away. 

and tried my awful best to sketch it.

It was never as good, but I never stopped trying.

ever since then I never really stopped doodling   ^_^

Edited by Vulcan

i have been drawing for a while. i started out drawing random stick figure people that did things. then i upgraded to boats and planes. and i drew them i guess ok ish eeeeah, I mostly drew in class when i was bored.  and about 3 years ago, i got into drawing pones. actually, the first pone i drew looked something like this:

darkly_steamgear_by_darklysteamgear-d78r

and the most recent (non meme related) drawing of pones i did looked something like this:

christmas_darkly_in_clouds_by_darklystea

quite a contrast if i do say so myself

the first one definetly looks better

darkly stop with the spoilers

now you're seriously going off track

spoilers everywhere

ok, im done now

i lied

ok, yeah now im done

Edited by Darkly SteamGear

I was drawing for a while occasionally for as long as I can remember. Beginning of my 8th grade year, though, was when I really felt like improving my skills. Since then, I've noticed such a remarkable improvement in my skills, but I still am improving and that probably won't ever stop.

• Brohoof 2

I've been drawing all my life! Began to draw ponies in 2012 though  :wub:

• Brohoof 2

I remember it like it was yesterday. I've been drawing ever since I was in the first grade. Yeah around 5-6 years old as well. It was until I was 9 years old in the 5th grade and that's where it all changed my life. I've drawn my first comic all thanks to a suggestion from a friend of mine, and I kept drawing, drawing and drawing more which had made a huge expansion to my imagination. Thanks to this, not only I have improved soo much over the years, but It led me to what I'm currently doing, and to who I am today! :)

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... been drawing ever since I could hold an object that could leave a mark behind it... but I started evolving and actively learning to improve my skill in sequences, my greatest jumps being 7 years ago for 2-4 years, after I got my internet connection and my 1st graphic tablet, then for the past half a year when i decided I want to do illustration with my life :v

Other than these growth spurts I've been drawing inconstantly all through my life, doodling or imagining characters and stories that I would sketch while thinking about them.

When faced to give up some of my hobbies (since I was also playing guitar and gaming at the time and I couldn't service them all any more), I kept with drawing... and it's been my little sin until my big decision. Keep your fingers crossed for me, mates, cuz I'll also need plenty of luck to earn a living out of this.

Much love to ye all! :>

Toodles! <3

• Brohoof 2

I started drawing when I was like, 3 or 4. I have this huge notebook filled from start to end with little kid scribbles. I took a hiatus from drawing for a few years cause I guess I just didn't draw? 

But for the past 5 years I've been really trying to draw well, and I'm far from drawing well at all. I wish to be someday.. *sigh*

• Brohoof 2

I've been drawing things since elementary school, but I only started to take it seriously around a few months ago, when I first became a brony. Seeing all these amazing artists in the fandom made me want to improve. Problem is, I'm often too lazy to draw anything.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I've been drawing since....if i'm not wrong, since i was 4 years old, so i've been drawing for 11 years. My first drawing was Spongebob, I guess. Although i've been drawing since i was 4 years old, i've been drawing and sharing my drawings to internet since 2014.

• Brohoof 1

I've been an artist for all of my life. I basically had a pencil in my hand while I was in the womb. As a natural artist, I also seek professional training to help further hone in on my skills. 

• Brohoof 2

Hey, @Dino-Mario

Your topic actually had little to do with 'Creative Resources', as the context was forwarded towards discussion of hobbies instead of a focus on requested artistic advice, collaboration, and improvement. Thus, I've taken the liberty to move to where we have that sort of chit-chat, 'General Discussion'. (Although your topic had to do with art, Octavia's Hall is where we display and converse about direct art projects)

• Brohoof 2

I started somewhere between 4-5 years old. Ever since I was in kindergarten I drew on pretty much every paper I was given. Tests, homework, essays, didn't matter to me. Eventually (middle school) I started keeping sketchbooks that I drew more complete pieces in. Once I got into highschool though I started learning how to properly draw (sketches, lineart, oh my!) and I've improved more over 1 year than I have since before highschool. I'm actually proud of some of my pieces now! I don't know what on Earth motivated me to start drawing, or to continue for that matter, but I'm glad I did get into it.

Comparison between 2-3 years ago and now.

http://imgur.com/a/VFKaS

• Brohoof 1