Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Couldn't the Mane Seven just jump the Dazzlings?

KillerKingBakudan

Optimal scenario: They somehow manage to covertly obtain the pendants through the use of violence. Yay!

Scenario 1: The girls corner the Sirens and start beating them. Some students see them and misinterpret it as an act of removing competition from the battle of the bands. Being all amped up with aggression and competitiveness that Sirens instilled them with, they pass it down to their respective teams, and suddenly the entire school is locked in an outrage of physical violence worthy of Newgrounds. Such outrage would probably also revitalize and strengthen the Sirens.

Scenario 2: The girls corner the Sirens and want to beat them, but Sirens manage to manipulate the nearby students to come to their aide, quickly turning the tides of battle in their favor.

Nobody saw Trixie dump the Mane Seven underneath the stage. If she could get away with that, then there would be plenty of openings where a beating couldn't result in the Dazzlings getting help from anybody, or inspiring a gang war across the school.

Twilight should of swung a bat smashing them unexpectedly and while they are unconscious steal the gems and run away with them to Equestria and throw them into the volcano from Dragon Quest.

• Brohoof 1

Because... Because... Shut up okay.

But really, I would like to think the mane 6 are a bit more Heroic Good and wanted to solve it as nonviolently as possible.

I mean, what's to say they couldn't bum rush the Dazzlings if the Rainbooms lost the Battle of the Bands?

Nobody saw Trixie dump the Mane Seven underneath the stage. If she could get away with that, then there would be plenty of openings where a beating couldn't result in the Dazzlings getting help from anybody, or inspiring a gang war across the school.

You’re forgetting that it was by Sirens’ words that Trixie got the idea to trap Mane 7 beneath the stage. They also manipulated Celestia and Luna to ensure Mane 7 get into the finals instead of Trixie, buttering her up for vengeance. Sirens are masters of divide et impera who had broken the school’s social structure with one little song and were one step ahead of Mane 7 throughout the whole movie. I doubt you could imprison/attack them without consequences. You could even ask yourself: if you allow the use of any means necessary inside this story, then what prevents Sirens from manipulating some blokes to shank Mane 7? I mean, they saw their songs were ineffective, so why not use a good ol’ switchblade? Violence goes both ways. Everybody is asking themselves what the heroes would do if they had free reign. By that logic, Tirek could have just executed all the Mane 6 and Princesses, Chrysalis could have assassinated them with poison, Discord could have apparently just banished them into the sock dimension … GG NO RE.

And that is why we have silly plots and Deus Ex Machinas. They save the day so that our poor little ponies don’t get bruised knees (or shanked livers).

(edited)

The better question is why didn't Twilight just have smashed Celestia's face in with a bat from the gym and taken the crown back?

Lol. I've been asking myself for the longest time why she didn't just break into her office when school was out. She spent the whole night in the library at a time where no faculty or students were there, so she could have gotten away with the crown scott-free.

You’re forgetting that it was by Sirens’ words that Trixie got the idea to trap Mane 7 beneath the stage. They also manipulated Celestia and Luna to ensure Mane 7 get into the finals instead of Trixie, buttering her up for vengeance. Sirens are masters of divide et impera who had broken the school’s social structure with one little song and were one step ahead of Mane 7 throughout the whole movie. I doubt you could imprison/attack them without consequences. You could even ask yourself: if you allow the use of any means necessary inside this story, then what prevents Sirens from manipulating some blokes to shank Mane 7? I mean, they saw their songs were ineffective, so why not use a good ol’ switchblade? Violence goes both ways. Everybody is asking themselves what the heroes would do if they had free reign. By that logic, Tirek could have just executed all the Mane 6 and Princesses, Chrysalis could have assassinated them with poison, Discord could have apparently just banished them into the sock dimension … GG NO RE.

And that is why we have silly plots and Deus Ex Machinas. They save the day so that our poor little ponies don’t get bruised knees (or shanked livers).

Yes, the Mane Six could have been slaughtered many times in the show, but for the Dazzlings, offing them is out of the question. They're after Equestrian magic. If they'd gotten some kids to gang up on them and shank them, that'd just defeat the purpose of them going to that school in the first place. They can't take magic from dead people as far as we know.

Of course, you could say they'd only need to make the kids cripple them, but the idea was to drive the Mane Six apart so they could feed off their magic. I'm not sure that putting them in a hospital would have accomplished anything.

Edited by Lord-Pomegranate

Lol. I've been asking myself for the longest time why she didn't just break into her office when school was out. She spent the whole night in the library at a time where no faculty or students were there, so she could have gotten away with the crown scott-free.

Yes, the Mane Six could have been slaughtered many times in the show, but for the Dazzlings, offing them is out of the question. They're after Equestrian magic. If they'd gotten some kids to gang up on them and shank them, that'd just defeat the purpose of them going to that school in the first place. They can't take magic from dead people as far as we know.

Of course, you could say they'd only need to make the kids cripple them, but the idea was to drive the Mane Six apart so they could feed off their magic. I'm not sure that putting them in a hospital would have accomplished anything.

Yeah I mean Equestria's greatest asset is in danger and Twilight is playing Prom Queen.

Yeah, it really depends on how this whole magic thing acts once it leaves the vessels. Though sacrificing an easy way to power in favor of a more stable plan can be beneficial on the long run. Besides, Sirens could have still returned to Equestria via the portal while holding Twilight as a sole hostage on the other side. There are so many options and variables, so many inappropriate themes for MLP that I can choose from. However, I do think we agree that EQG problems were all solved in a convoluted way that makes no sense unless you’re using “teen movie plot” as an argument. Even when you put all child-friendly stuff into consideration, these movies could have been handled way better.