Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Logo Thread

Dark Qiviut

(edited)

Because my post got merged with the one before, I'll separate it with big dashes.

—————

Bumping this up with a new logo critique.

It involves this team:

Posted Image

The Florida Marlins were MLB's first Florida team, inaugurating in 1991 and played its first game in 1993. The purpose of the colors here are for two reasons.

1. To reflect the coastal waters of Miami. Miami's waters are clean and blue.

2. To have a relationship with the NFL's Miami Dolphins in terms of colors. When the Marlins entered the league, H. Wayne Huizenga owned it, who also owned the Dolphins. Teal was one of the Dolphins's colors, and both teams played in one stadium.

The Marlins's ownership has since changed hands, now belonging to Jeffrey Loria. A few years ago, a new stadium agreement was reached in order to give the Marlins a stadium of their own. Furthermore, the Florida Marlins would be renamed the Miami Marlins to reflect the city and its culture. The Miami Marlins were slated to undergo a re-branding. It was leaked in October 2011 under poor reception.

In November, the logo, hats, and jersey were officially revealed. Here's their new logo.

Posted Image

My response?

This logo is UGLY! Much worse than the Florida Marlins logo.

1. The colors are supposed to represent the vibrant Miami culture, primarily the Little Havana neighborhood, for Miami has a very huge Cuban population. However, there are just way too many colors. Black, gray, white, blue, red-orange, AND yellow. Six colors! As what Bob Barker would say, "That's Too Much!" As a logo designer, it's best to use at most three colors. Of course, there are exceptions, such as the NBC peacock. But it's very difficult to successfully pull it off. The Miami Marlins logo failed in this regard.

2. The color combination doesn't speak "baseball." Baseball is known for being a very low-key sport in the U.S., and it's very difficult to pull off so many bright colors at once. The only one to effectively pull this off is the Arizona Diamondbacks with their copper, turquoise, black, and purple. I don't see a relationship between baseball and Miami at all here except the abstract marlin.

3. It feels very trendy. Many logos today are starting to become simpler and simpler, but sometimes they'll go a little overboard by putting in too many colors simultaneously. It's trying to capture "Miami" by putting in too many messages at once.

4. The placement of the marlin doesn't feel right at all. You'll notice that the end of the fish's tail is in front of the stylized "M" and just hanging on the upper-left. The placement doesn't feel like it belongs. Personally, it would've worked much better if the tail was behind the "M" and have the snout in front. That way, it gives that marlin the illusion of it curving around the letter.

5. The gray outline is completely unnecessary. It doesn't belong at all.

The font is great. It doesn't need that much changing. But the logos and color need plenty of more work before it feels like both baseball and Miami.

—————

The bottom half of this post has to do with both the My Little Pony series as well as logos. As per this thread, you can discuss possibilities of what you feel a company's logo should be like, too. So if you have a logo of a company, person, developer, or Website (professional or otherwise), but speculate on what its design should be, fire away, too!

Recently, Equestria Daily and We Love Fine are working together on a contest to create a logo for Equestria Daily. You can take a look at it here. There are logos and banners featured on WLF's link in EqD. I won't comment on them yet in order to not sway the audience.

So I got a question for you guys: How would YOU develop the Equestria Daily logo? What typeface style, family, colors, and trademark/symbol (if you need it and/or are considering) when developing the Web blog's logo?

I'm going to do this in the way I go by it. Like any brand, the logo commences in the creative brief!

A creative brief is a legal document provided to clients, lawyers, and officials via the designer and copywriter. All the information must be legally reviewed before proceeding; if shot down by an official, the project is closed.

So, how do I work on it? Let's begin! Click the "spoiler" to view it!

Background:

Equestria Daily is a fan-operated news blog under the link equestriadaily.org. It is designed to promote the fourth series of the My Little Pony franchise, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. In October 2010, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic premiered. It garnered a small following on an Internet forum, 4Chan. However, after it was slammed by critics, its popularity grew via rapid word-of-mouth recommendations.

Last year, Equestria Daily was founded in response to 4Chan temporarily banning material associated with My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. The blog started small with reports of the show, episode announcements, and promotion of material by fans such as artwork and storywriting. Today, Equestria Daily has become the biggest news blog for the series, which now includes updates on interviews with developers and writers of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic and upcoming conventions targeting the passionate teenager-to-adult audience called "bronies."

However, one element that has been missing since Equestria Daily's inception is the inclusion of a logo. Therefore, Equestria Daily anticipates to incorporate a logo in order to give it a core brand identity.

Audience: Equestria Daily targets the passionate fanbase of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. The fans who tentatively visit the Website are thirteen and older. These fans dub themselves as bronies (a combination of the words "bro" and "pony"); initially used to identify the older male audience, it has since been used to describe the older male and female audience of the animated series. Equestria Daily's viewers and webmasters are bronies, so the Website reaches out to the fanbase altogether.

A smaller audience is the collective professional developer of My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. They include storywriters, storyboarders, animators, Hasbro (the licensed shareholder of My Little Pony), and voice actors. Occasionally, they appear on Equestria Daily and will reference the Website in interviewers with other news outlets or via parody. This logo project is designed to reach out to unite both the fandom and professional developers in one cohesive voice.

Objective: Create a logo for Equestria Daily that delivers the following:

• Captures the feeling of "news."
  • Demonstrates the passion of the proud brony audience.
  • Create the sense of professional news for My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic on the Internet.
  • Visually communicates a direction that unites the bronies and professional outlets via graphic design, typography, color, and final execution.
Additional Information: The colors and typography must communicate to the audience the following:
  • Represents Web news and media via the Internet.
  • Reflects My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic.
  • Captures the passion of the brony fanbase
  • Respects the professional dedication of the writers, animators, and developers.

Competitive Framework: As a news blog, Equestria Daily is the most viewed My Little Pony news Website, while places like Reddit and 4Chan are message boards designed for both discussions and news. While Hasbro intends to target My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic to young girls and their parents, Equestria Daily's audience and commentators are older.

So with the creative brief out of the way, how would YOU design the Equestria Daily logo? What element(s) of design would you include and why?

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4

The Marlins look like they're copying the Oklahoma City Thunder for colors. At lot of new teams or revamped teams, expansion or relocated, have taken up orange as a primary color (Bobcats, Thunder, Marlins) I wonder why?

The Marlins look like they're copying the Oklahoma City Thunder for colors. At lot of new teams or revamped teams, expansion or relocated, have taken up orange as a primary color (Bobcats, Thunder, Marlins) I wonder why?

That's more coincidence. The Marlins used the reddish-orange color as a reference to the Cuban-American heritage and buildings in Miami. The Charlotte Bobcats used orange for two reasons:
  • A revitalization of basketball in Charlotte. The Hornets used orange as a secondary court color.
  • A reference to the bobcat's fur color, which is a golden-red.
Don't know why the Oklahoma City Thunder went with light blue and orange, though.

Posted Image

Somehow I keep thinking about the Piraka whenever I see that. Anypony who has ever heard of Bionicle will know what I'm saying.

-----

I tend to lean towards more the logos that are more symbol than text. Case in point, today's society is more visual than ever, and we don't have the time to be tied up by words. These are typically the kinds of things that can (theoretically) exist on a computer monitor as an icon.

Several key logos I can think of:

- Microsoft Windows (It's gone pretty far since the '80s...)

- Google Chrome

- Apple

- The symbol of the Bionicle

- Inkscape logo

- Paint.NET logo

- Firefox

- Pepsi

Then there's the exception to the rule, where text is an integral part of the logo. Some, but not all, can be a bit clunky, unless there's a condensed version:

- The My Little Pony logo

- deviantART

- YouTube

- The logo of the NAM Team (?)

- Hewlett-Packard

There are logos that are quite creative with text, but can stand alone as a symbol.

- Compaq (It's a hybridised C-Q symbol)

- Opera

- Internet Explorer (as much as I hate the program...)

Finally (Do I have to say it...?),... Remember Ganaram's Cutie Mark? It's the closest thing to a logo that I have, though it's more of an insignia...

Oh! I got Some!!

This is my own Logo that i made for myself just for fun!

Posted Image

What you guys think?

That's quite nice. The shield's rather cool, similar to royalty. The wings and emblem are also very nicely done.

Now, as it's a logo, it's a grand start, but I would do one to three small changes.

• Simplify the crown and handles of both swords a little bit. There is a little bit too much detail. One critical purpose when developing a logo is to create some middle ground: have the logo look just as good on Mount Everest as well as on a business card. Removing some or all of the stripes on the sword would simplify it greatly.
  • The script typeface is a little hard to read because you're using the same colors, but just flipped the gradient upside-down. What I would recommend is one solid color for better contrast. You could try white or maybe a light silvery gray to give it this sense of royalty and to balance the colors out.
  • The crown is blending in too much with the yellow. You could possibly use a brighter yellow so it pops out a bit more or flip the gradient so the yellow crown is on top of the magenta.
Your logo has a great concept. It's very elegant. Refine some of the details, and you're on the way to developing a really nice logo! :D
  • Brohoof 1

post-9-0-23425800-1335072428_thumb.png

Even though it's a completely fictional product, it's still a really well-designed logo. Simple, memorable, and chock full of meaning for the story.

(If you're wondering where I got a high-quality version of the Sburb poster... I didn't. I made it myself. A bit ago, I wanted to find a full-sized image of it, but couldn't, so I took matters into my own hands.)

Edited by Secret Agent Pony Joe
  • Brohoof 1

Like I mentioned in one of my previous posts, there's a contest to developing the Equestria Daily logo. Well, mine is getting close to completion, and I like you to see them.

Note that the lockup is exactly the same, but with some small color combination differences and typography subtleties. Check the "Q's." Check out the spoiler. (WARNING: Maybe 56K!)

—————

Posted Image

———————

Posted Image

—————

Posted Image

—————

Can you spot the hidden messages in the logo? If you want to view them all, click the "spoiler."

Explanations to this logo.

Typeface: Self-designed. Using Illustrator, I created vector shapes of everything here, from the logo to the typeface.

• The purpose for the oblique typeface is to represent forward-facing news.
  • Because it's a Web-based news blog, the wordmark is in sans-serif.
  • To make it look modernized, each letter is geometic, based off perfect circles, triangles, and rectangles/squares.
Trademark: A heart with two pegasus wings.
  • The jagged edges of the heart and placement of the logo itself over the "I" in "Daily" to represent postage. (In the U.S., stamps are typically placed in the upper-right-hand corner.)
  • Take a close look at the wings. You'll notice an extremely subtle "E."
  • The two wings and heart are there to connect the blog to My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. The wings to connect to the pagasi. The heart because it's a symbol of love and caring, two key underlying messages in the show.
Colors:
  • Red: Two reasons: love and because it's the color that pops out most.
  • Purple: Two reasons again: to give the trademark a sense of royalty and to connect with the My Little Pony logo. The purple, though, is cleaner to differentiate.
  • Now the color pairs in the wordmark.

• Concept 1A (top): "Equestria" is in a faint blue as a tribute to the blue background of the blog, but with some desaturation for differentiation. For neutrality but to connect with "Equestria," "Daily" is in a cool gray.
  • Concept 1B (middle): "Equestria" is in orange because it's a midtone color in sebia: the old way news photographers and photographers in general took pictures. "Daily" is in a darker gray for balance.
  • Concept 1C (bottom): "Equestria is in a more saturated bark blue to connect with Trixie (one of Sethisto's most favorite characters) better. "Daily" is in a light gray for neutrality.

This isn't done, and I'm in the middle of working on it further for refining. With that said, critique is encouraged.

I like it. However, despite the cool reason behind it, I think the postage-stamp heart is a bit too complex. Especially at a small size, it seems more like a rendering mistake than an intentional feature. But at the same time, a perfectly circular heart shape might conflict with the rest of the design. So perhaps a middle-ground could be struck.

Of the color choices, I prefer the first. The two colors for the text just work really well together. The second color pair makes the logo seem too warm in my eyes, and the third... well, I can't think of anything but Diet Pepsi when I look at it.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like it. However, despite the cool reason behind it, I think the postage-stamp heart is a bit too complex. Especially at a small size, it seems more like a rendering mistake than an intentional feature. But at the same time, a perfectly circular heart shape might conflict with the rest of the design. So perhaps a middle-ground could be struck.

You make a really good point that I definitely have to be reminded at times: A great logo must look good on Mount Everest as well as a business card. :P

Of the color choices, I prefer the first. The two colors for the text just work really well together. The second color pair makes the logo seem too warm in my eyes, and the third... well, I can't think of anything but Diet Pepsi when I look at it.

Understandable. And :lol: from the Diet Pepsi comparison. :lol:

Taking LE's advice, I revised the logo to make it more suitable for multiple sizes. (WARNING: Possible 56K if you click on the picture!)

Posted Image

Some new differences:

• The heart is white with the inner-stroke of the wings creating the shape. There are several subtle variations of the hidden heart.
  • Of the "Q" options from my previous post, I chose this one because it's the most legible.
  • The tracking (the space between every character throughout one line, sentence, paragraph, or document) is a little wider for legibility.
My personal favorites are the top one in column one and the last one in column two. Comments and constructive critique are encouraged. :D Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

Of the new options, I prefer the top-left. I don't much care for the closed-heart designs, because they either make the implied heart too explicit, or too obscure.

I sort of miss the red in the design, though. Not sure if it could be worked in anymore, though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Let me see what I can do.

There is one logo lockup with the symbol in a color for each. Click the "spoilers" to view them.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Concept 3A (top): The wings are in purple from my last post.
  • Concept 3B (middle-top): Borrowing from one of my previous posts, I replaced purple with red for the wings.
  • Concept 3C (middle-bottom): A new addition akin to a concept that I didn't upload. The wings are now in pink, borrowing from the current My Little Pony logo, but much more saturated for differentiation.
  • Concept 3D (bottom): The pink is more saturated into magenta.
My most favorites are the first and fourth concepts, with me leaning towards the fourth one because the trademark is more saturated and attentive, therefore capturing the brightly pastel-like spirit of the animation. I get a washed-up sense of patriotism in the second version. Meanwhile, the third one is similar to the last version, but the trademark is a bit less saturated.

EDIT at 8:40 PM EST: Tomorrow or Wednesday, I'll be submitting this to We Love Fine for the contest. Comments and constructive critique encouraged. :D

Edited by Dark Qiviut

The Laughing Saw-fish

The laughing Saw-fish is the personal insignia of Korvkpt. Heinrich Lehmann-Willenbrock for his u-boat U-96 during World War II.

The insignia was added after the third patrol based on the following caricature.

Posted Image

The original wording is:

"Donnerwetter, wer trennt uns denn da? Hören Sie denn nicht, dass ich noch spreche?"

A more or less good translation:

"Hell, who is cutting the communication line? Don't you hear, that I'm still talking?"

Posted ImagePosted Image

It was painted on the German submarine U-96 and used as the insignia for the 9th Flotilla. U-96 was sunk while in a submarine pen in Wilhelmshaven in March 1945. No casualties during her career.

Edited by NewCalamity
  • Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Reviving this thread with another critique of a logo revamp:

Posted Image

The Nickelodeon logo from 1984 till 2009. The logo's purpose was to broaden its target audience, which is families and young kids. The orange color is warm, vibrant, and very in-your-face without being very aggressive. It's a playful hue. Combine that with the Marker Felt typeface, it's very accessible.

In 2009, Nickelodeon revealed their new logo.

Posted Image

There was a lot of controversy because the old logo is nostalgic and reminds people of the wacky atmosphere during the early 1990s, especially on their zany game shows like What Would You Do, Double Dare, and Figure It Out. However, despite being a "classic," this current logo is better than the old one yet still needs a bit more tinkering.

The reasons why the current logo works better are:

1. The typeface is more accessible and keeps the casual feel. Marker Felt is a nice little typeface, but it's now one many people go to. The curvature of most of the letters makes it feel casual and inviting, and the little slime representation in the "I" reminds people of their storied past in the 1990s. It's a really nice touch.

2. The lower-case letterform makes the logo much easier to read. Words in all caps tend to be read much slower and with more difficulty.

3. The color palette represents fun. Nick's current palette is orange (its primary color), blue, and teal. Nick retains the color scheme that gives them their identity, and the colors are fun to play with. So despite being complementary, they work.

4. It's much simpler and is much more accessible to read cross-media. A logo's purpose is to be as simple as possible. The old slime splat has too much detail. When Nick's old logo gets placed on some small stationery like a business card, then it'll look like it was printed out of a bad CMYK press. Nick's current logo is cleaner and way more versatile.

Now, despite that, one issue here lingers: it's in one straight line. While it doesn't LOOK rigid, it FEELS too rigid. The type placement doesn't feel playful. Instead, it feels too corporal. That's the one thing the old logo did best. Often, it was slanted upward. It didn't go straight across like this one. If maybe Viacom would play with the placement a bit more, then it would capture the fun representation a bit more.

—————

And one more piece of information: Equestria Daily's Logo contest is complete and has a winner. Here is the post. While I wasn't the winner, I'm glad I participated, and I'm glad it got beat by a logo that's just as good. Of course, if you know me, I tend to nitpick a bit. The ONE thing I would've changed would be the jagged lines in the lower-left-hand corner of the D's counter. I've got no problem with them, but I'd personally would either simplify them to maybe three or five lines instead of eight or remove them, because I don't know if the small multiple jagged edges will register in a small size. Aside from that, it's very creative. Well done! :D

The second one does a great job, too. Simple, captures the "pony" essence, and resembles classic newsprint (as the show's in-canon technology isn't quite advanced yet). The lone critique I would do here is to adjust the kerning between some of the letters such as "Q" and "U" to make the spacing more even. When you have inconsistent kerning, it can turn one word into two. The kerning here isn't terrible one bit. It's just the little things that can make the logo even more conceptually solid.

The third one, while very great conceptually (in fact, there was another one that follows a similar concept, except this one does it better), is definitely the weakest.

• While the "Q" and "D" read well, the "Q" head overlaps with the E's bars too much. The bars need to be longer for more legibility.
  • Secondly, the kerning needs some more adjusting; if you look closely at the wordmark below, you'll see that the kerning in the word "Daily" is uneven. More playing with the kerning here will make the wordmark read more fluently.
  • Ditch the gradient. If you notice, just about every great logo today is in one solid color. That's because gradients are very difficult to print correctly consistently. When gradients occur, one ink cartridge uses less to either allow the other color to print or to make the color appear lighter. Sometimes, if the colors are too extreme in saturation or too light for the printing press to register, you will get bands of ink, and they can really ruin a project. Gradients are especially difficult when a logo is embroidered because you need multiple threads at once for a smooth transition of one color to another.
  • Too much detail in the letters. There are little lines in the "EQD" of the signature. These lines won't register if the logo is reduced to a smaller size.
  • Either change the fading drop shadow to a solid color or remove it entirely. The shadow in this logo works like a gradient because it starts as one color before fading out. In addition, the fading shadow makes the logo look very tacky. If Knightly wants to make the logo look more three-dimensional via a shadow, he should change the shadow to a solid darker color—a brown for the orange "E" and "D" and a navy blue for the "Q."

What........

My only reaction from the fact that I have missed this thread all this time:

Posted Image

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

I can't say enough about how passionate I am about logos. Corporate logos, sports team logos, and movie logos. They're the identifying supymbol of a corporation or brand, and shouldn't be seen any less. I love the in-depth history of all things logos, they are the one and only thing that can easily tell you about the company in general. As many things about our culture our changing, corporate identities change, as so do their logos.

Needless to say, but I really don't know where to start with this thread. I think I'll wait and see what comes up in the meantime. All I can say is, I hope I'm not the only logo enthusiast brony here. ^^'

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I can't say enough about how passionate I am about logos. Corporate logos, sports team logos, and movie logos. They're the identifying supymbol of a corporation or brand, and shouldn't be seen any less. I love the in-depth history of all things logos, they are the one and only thing that can easily tell you about the company in general. As many things about our culture our changing, corporate identities change, as so do their logos.

Needless to say, but I really don't know where to start with this thread. I think I'll wait and see what comes up in the meantime. All I can say is, I hope I'm not the only logo enthusiast brony here. ^^'

LOL! Better late than never! You're not the only one fascinated by logos. For the past couple of years, I, too, have felt a serious passion for these little symbols. They mean everything and can actually make or break a brand. These logos create an impression of their brand based on their color, design, and overall execution. Make a post whenever you can; I LOVE to see this topic get more activity again. :D

Now to feature more great logos, and they ALL should be very familiar:

Posted Image

The Nike swoosh. Its main lockup's the swoosh with italic type on top, but people in general recognize it just by the swoosh. Simple, straightforward, and carries the "moving forward" message. It was originally designed by freelancer Carolyn Davidson in 1971 for $35. This trademark hasn't changed one bit, and nor it should.

Posted Image

The Apple logo. Initially rainbow in color, it's reduced to silver, black, or white (depending on the item you have) for the purpose of competing further, showing prestige, owning the color in the marketplace, and especially for better color production. What makes the logo interesting is that it takes a verse right out of Adam and Eve, in which one bites into the apple of knowledge, although the main designer refuted that. That said, it's unknown why the symbol was designed.

Posted Image

The Motorola em-signia (the "M" inside the bullet). First introduced in 1955, it signals innovation of future technology. Despite some little changes in the years, the trademark has virtually remained unchanged due to its timeless quality.

And here's one more that everyone should know:

Posted Image

The Coca-Cola logo. Designed in 1885 by Frank Mason Robinson, the logo's writing style (now called Spencarian Script) was designed to reflect the way people back them wrote their papers: Compared to today, writing then was much more elegant to where they looked perfect and looked a lot like actual typefaces. In other words, the logo was done to communicate to others in a contemporary fashion. Although the cursive elegance has died down, the logo's elegant yet casual communication has since become just as classic as its branding. With exceptions to the packaging and the twenty-plus-year add-on of the word "Classic" to "differentiate" itself from the New Coke flop, the logo has remained unchanged.

Now, did you know that the Coca-Cola "font" isn't copyrighted? Companies can't use the word Coca-Cola, but they CAN use the actual lettering: The fact that the logo is an actual 19th-Century writing style prevents Coca-Cola from full copyright. But they DID copyright the COLOR formula for their company.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

(still looking forward to me first all-out speculation in this thread, I hope I can make a good contribution to it. :D)

Some of the key things that defines a logo is its simplicity, originality, and shape. Two of the most common and basic shapes are the square, and the circle. Now, just because you have a simple logo, doesn't mean your company sucks, no, not at all! In fact, some of the most successful corporations around the world use them, not to mention a good number of automobile brands. Here is a smorgasbord grab-bag of some of them, I guarantee you would recognize at least half of them:

Posted Image

That's quite nice. The shield's rather cool, similar to royalty. The wings and emblem are also very nicely done.

Now, as it's a logo, it's a grand start, but I would do one to three small changes.

• Simplify the crown and handles of both swords a little bit. There is a little bit too much detail. One critical purpose when developing a logo is to create some middle ground: have the logo look just as good on Mount Everest as well as on a business card. Removing some or all of the stripes on the sword would simplify it greatly.
  • The script typeface is a little hard to read because you're using the same colors, but just flipped the gradient upside-down. What I would recommend is one solid color for better contrast. You could try white or maybe a light silvery gray to give it this sense of royalty and to balance the colors out.
  • The crown is blending in too much with the yellow. You could possibly use a brighter yellow so it pops out a bit more or flip the gradient so the yellow crown is on top of the magenta.
Your logo has a great concept. It's very elegant. Refine some of the details, and you're on the way to developing a really nice logo! :D

When I make a second version I'll be sure to quote you!

Here's an emblem I made for a wallpaper as a gift to my artist friend. I think he's really great at art so I went this way.

Posted Image

It good?

• 2 weeks later...

There's just something magical about the Framus logo. Its simple, but it looks incredible cool as a chrome sign.

Posted Image

Hm.....I never heard of them... :huh:

Anyways, at first glance, I really like it. It's not as attention-grabbing or as iconic as other logos that utilize a similar typeface that come to mind, but chrome is a good concept. And it definitely mixes well with that cursive. It looks a bit outdated though. Maybe they could revamp it with a modern 3D graphics program, I think the lighting on this is a bit iffy.

Posted Image

Okay, okay, it's not a REAL company, but I sure do love it. Tagruato Corp. from Cloverfield.

Hm....pretty neat. The red seems slightly unnerving in combination with the typeface, shape, and background in the circle. The earth hovering over the hands seem to symbolize whoever's hands they are (whether it stand for the company itself or the company's founder, CEO, etc.) has a certain amount of power. That's what I'm assuming from the logo, I never watched the movie.

Other than that, it looks like a really cool logo. The line that surrounds most of the circumference of the circle is probably unnecessary, usually, a good logo tactic in this case is to put some extra text there, most commonly the company's year of establishment (i.e. “EST. 1943”), or the locale in which the company is based (i.e. “EMERYVILLE, CA). These are just examples, I'm not overloading on anything.

As for the colors, I really really like them. If this was an antagonistic corporation in the movie, this would be very fitting. The name's pretty cool, too.

Hm....pretty neat. The red seems slightly unnerving in combination with the typeface, shape, and background in the circle. The earth hovering over the hands seem to symbolize whoever's hands they are (whether it stand for the company itself or the company's founder, CEO, etc.) has a certain amount of power. That's what I'm assuming from the logo, I never watched the movie.

Other than that, it looks like a really cool logo. The line that surrounds most of the circumference of the circle is probably unnecessary, usually, a good logo tactic in this case is to put some extra text there, most commonly the company's year of establishment (i.e. “EST. 1943”), or the locale in which the company is based (i.e. “EMERYVILLE, CA). These are just examples, I'm not overloading on anything.

As for the colors, I really really like them. If this was an antagonistic corporation in the movie, this would be very fitting. The name's pretty cool, too.

http://tagruato.jp/index2.php

They're actually a background corporation in the movie, only mentioned at the beginning. Otherwise, they're only in trailers. But they have a major foothold in the plot. They are the company that sparks the whole Cloverfield attack. It's one of my favorite movies solely because of this company. Explore the website, it's genuisly made. Also, TIDOWave is another amazing side plot.

http://tidowave.com/

• Brohoof 1