Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lady Rarity Pony

So, I thought I'd make a thread about everyone's names, and the neat little facts that go with them.

Basically just tell us something about your real life name(s). Assuming of course you're comfortable giving out your name publicly Posted Image

-information redacted-

Edited by Lady Rarity Pony
  • Brohoof 7

My name is Jacob. It's my great grandfathers name. He was black.

It means ''heel-grabber'' apparently. I have no idea what that means. Something in the bible.

Edited by TotalShrooms

I go by my middle name, Joseph. It means "he will enlarge"... wait, what?! Hate my first name, one day I may change it even. Is that Navarro like the Enclave base? Same pronounceiation?

Edited by Swordfishtrombone

My first name is Joel

It means "The Lord is God"

it is also Hebrew

I have the same middle name as you

My last name will remain unknown

• Brohoof 1

First name: Nelson

Name given to me by my father, who reveres the great British Admiral Horatio Nelson and decided to name me after him. Of British heritage.

Middle name: Stuart

Simply my father's first name, therefore I inherit it as my middle name. Of Old English heritage, meaning steward as an occupation.

Last name: Brindley

An unusual surname of Anglo-Saxon origin.

Edited by NewCalamity
  • Brohoof 2

Gonzalo - Spanish/Germanic for "Fight or Combat"

Ivan- Hebrew for "God is Gracious"

Armenta- French/Germanic for "Man in the army"

Wow my parents really wanted me to be in the army or something... :wacko:

Colon: It's a character on you key board that you type by hitting shift semi-colon. It is used in punctuation for... stuff I don't feel like looking up at the moment. Looks like ":" It also could mean your pooper :unsure:

Leftbracket: comes from Left - Bracket, another punctuation mark used commonly to replace a left parenthesis, looks like "{", doesn't mean your pooper

If you put both together and make Colon Leftbracket it makes ":{" a mustache face, as seen in the Stachioed Studios logo

post-461-0-86821700-1334711389.jpg

What are you talking about that's totally my name!

post-461-0-65177200-1334711420.jpg

• Brohoof 2

Alright for serious now...

Colton: a pun for a boy horse child, not Fillian, also means Coal Town, one letter away from Colon which is another pun done intentionally, did you see what I did there, Origin: English

Manestache: it's another horse-mustache pun you dunce

No that's not it either...

Last name ever; first name greatest.

Just kidding~

First name: Asheeya/Isaiah

Origins in Hebrew. Meaning: Salvation is Jehova

Ah-SHEE-ya (Asheeya)

ˈz.ə/ (Isaiah)

Named after Old Testament prophet Isaiah

I pretty much use the Arabic (Asheeya) name everywhere, save school and legal docs.

Middle name: Christopher/bin

Christiopher is of Greek origin: Christ pherein (Christbearer)

Arabic is كريستوفر (Kristafer,) I never use this version.

Kris-TOE-fer

bin/ibn: son of (Arabic)

BIN

Last name: Misch/ Fathers/Grandfathers/Great Grandfathers first name

Misch: German

Jabril (ibn) Yusef (ibn) Mequasao: Arabic (Gabe, Joseph, Max[well]):Arabic

M-ISH

JAH-brill YO-sef ME-qua-SA-o

• Brohoof 1

My name is Matthew, and the meaning of it is, and I hope i don't get tackle-trolled into the ground by atheists when i say this, but my name means "gift of God." My parents say its enforced in my creative talents in composing, some art and writing, but i don't know. It seems legit.

I know Kevin is a Gaelic (Irish) name which I remember means "handsome" (That avatar backs it up :P).

I think Andersson is "Andrew's Son". If you didn't know, the 'Andersson' with 2 "ss" is Swedish, unlike the 'Anderson' which I believe is American.

I have no clue what 'Michael' stands for :huh: .

OKAY I AM DONE! The wait is over! My name is...

Dylan: Born from the ocean; son of the sea Origin: Welsh

..."Son of the Sea"? I am the Icthykiin! FISH ROD DAH!

James: supplanter... uhh... I had to look that one up... "one who wrongfully or illegally seizes and holds the place of another" Origin: Hebrew

...umm so I'm some kind of Jewish loiterer?

Yocca: NOT the Mexican cactus! Apparently was originally Iocca but some Italian idiot couldn't spell his own last name, pronounced YAW-CA, Origin: Italian... I guess

...I hate my last name!

• Brohoof 3

I won't give out my name, but I will say this

I am the fifth person in my family with my name. My dad, grandpa, great grandpa, and great great grandpa had the same exact name... Whenever I sign something, I put a V (Roman numeral five) at the end

I guess it just sounds cool or something...

And my forum name is a song by the band Stateless... I really like that band and I thought it sounded cool as a username

Edited by bluetrace

My name is Jacob. It's my great grandfathers name. He was black.

It means ''heel-grabber'' apparently. I have no idea what that means. Something in the bible.

Upon birth, Jacob grabbed his "twin" brother, Esau's heel (foot) and pushed himself out of his mothers womb before Esau.

Edited by moosefullaeggs
  • Brohoof 1

Jayson:

From the Greek name

Ιασων (Iason)

, which was derived from Greek

ιασθαι (iasthai)

"to heal". In Greek

mythology

Jason was the leader of the Argonauts. After his uncle Pelias overthrew his father as king of Iolcos, Jason went in search of the Golden Fleece in order to win back the throne. During his journeys he married the sorceress

Medea

, who helped him gain the fleece and kill his uncle, but who later turned against him when he fell in love with another woman.

This name also appears in the New Testament, belonging to man who sheltered Paul and Silas. In his case, it may represent a Hellenized form of a Hebrew name. It was not used in England until after the Protestant Reformation.

Alan: The meaning of this name is not known for certain. It was used in Brittany at least as early as the 6th century, and it possibly means either "little rock" or "handsome" in Breton. Alternatively, it may derive from the tribal name of the Alans, an Iranian people who migrated into Europe in the 4th and 5th centuries.

This was the name of several dukes of Brittany, and Breton settlers introduced it to England after the Norman conquest. Famous modern bearers include Alan Shepard (1923-1998), the first American in space and the fifth man to walk on the moon, and Alan Turing (1912-1954), a British mathematician and computer scientist.

Dillinger: Origin: German, it is taken from a German village called Dillingham , name first appeared in 1768 and belonged to a German fur trader.

First name Justin:

From the Latin name Iustinus, which was derived from JUSTUS (Latin name which meant "just"). This was the name of several early saints including Justin Martyr, a Christian philosopher of the 2nd century who was beheaded in Rome. It was also borne by two Byzantine emperors. As an English name, it has occasionally been used since the late Middle Ages, though it did not become common until the 20th century.

Middle Name Lynn:

From an English surname which was derived from Welsh llyn "lake". Before the start of the 20th century it was primarily used for boys, but it has since come to be more common for girls. In some cases it may be thought of as a short form of LINDA or names that end in lyn or line.

I am a lake guided by truth :3