Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Lady Rarity Pony

My name is: 炒米饭

The literal definition is "Fiery Willow Leaves in Autumn", and the general meaning is along the lines of "an aspiring individual tries hard", or something like that, I can't really translate too well.

I have no clue what 'Michael' stands for.

My first name is Joel

It means "The Lord is God"

it is also Hebrew

Putting the small amount of Hebrew I know to work, many names ending in el are of Hebrew origin. El meaning "God" or "deity", depending on the context, though almost always means "God" as in the Judeo-Christian God. :)

Upon conception, Jacob grabbed his "twin" brother, Esau's heel (foot) and pushed himself out of his mothers womb before Esau.

Upon birth*

Not conception ;)

• Brohoof 2

Zak: Hebrew Name Meaning - Diminutive of Zachariah: The Lord has remembered, and of Isaac: He laughs. Laughter. The only son born to Abraham and his wife

(I have 3 middle names)

Dane: Scandinavian Name Meaning - god is my judge or from Denmark.

Marc: French Name Meaning - Form of Mark (Dad's first Name)

Bruno: German Name Meaning - brown one (ummmm.... ok...?)Was my uncle's name on my father's side.

• Brohoof 1

"James", which is another rendering of "Jacob", has been explained already, so there's no need to reiterate its meaning other than to add that Jacob is eventually given the name "Israel" after wrestling with God.

First name --> Male warrior

Middle name --> Diamond

Last Name --> Sinner

A sinning diamond warrior. Seems legit.

• Brohoof 1

First name means "Loved" in some Scandinavian language.

Middle name is "Son of Anders", and Anders is apparently Danish for "Warrior"

Last name is "Son of Rolf", Rolf being "Wolf".

Note: I used Google for all of this, so feel free to call me out on any gross inaccuracies.

My name is Hamza Abu-Hamdeh.

Hamza: Of Arabic origin, basically means lion or lionhearted. Courageous, brave, etc.

Abu-Hamdeh: is actually a nickname given to one of our ancestors a few generations back. It means the father of Hamdeh. There was probably an ancestor who's name was Hamdeh and his fater was called Abu-Hamdeh as a nickname. Eventually, after having this name for a few generations, my dad made it our legal name when he immigrated to America.

Al-Khamiseh: My original surname. AKA, tribe name. Al means the. I think khamiseh means falcon or hawk. Something like that. The tribe my ancestors descended from probably had something to do with birds.

Total: Lion/Lionheart/Lionhearted the father of Hamdeh or Lion/Lionheart/Lionhearted the Falcon.

I suck at translations. Arabic is hard.

I have three middle names. Belal, Ali, Muhammad. They're named after people.

Edited by Pilot

François is my first name, pronounced fran-swah, it's meaning defined as either "Frenchman" or "free man." Not sure what the implications of that are, the most I can twist it as is that I consider myself somewhat freed of inhibitions. I find most things in life to be free for the taking for those who choose to rise to the occasion, no matter what the status quo might be. Sappy stuff, yeah, but it's pretty "free" sounding.

Vincenzo is my middle name, meaning "conqueror."

Fico is my last name. It means "fig" literally and, for whatever reason, is a colloquialism for "cool guy" in adolescent Italian society.

• Brohoof 2

"James", which is another rendering of "Jacob", has been explained already, so there's no need to reiterate its meaning other than to add that Jacob is eventually given the name "Israel" after wrestling with God.

My definition of James was funnier, but glad to share a name with someone... (well my middle name at least)

Better than the 7 Dylans I know at my school! D:

For you who don't know My first name is Patrick, which means Noble, Royal & Humorous. I believe I live up to this but what do you think?

My middle name is Ulysses which means which the roman translation for Odysseus, which itself means "to hate" which if I see ness art I can be without a second thought.

My last name is Jones, which means "Gracious" or "To be grateful" which I am because I know what I have and I love it that much more.

Copypasta Incoming:

Cody:

The name Cody originates from the Irish Gaelic surname “Mac Oda” – believed to date to the 13th century - meaning “son of Odo” (“Odo” means “wealthy”) or the surname “Ó Cuidighthigh” meaning “descendant of Cuidighthigh.” Along the way, the name became associated with people who were helpful.

O'Hara:

The O'Haras are descended from Eaghra -- pronounced and phonetically spelled Ara -- the lord of Luighne, the modern Leyney in County Sligo

Oh lordy why did I say conception.

Maybe Arizona is influencing you, they now count babies as born two weeks before conception, or is at least thinking about passing that law I can't remember! :blink:

François is my first name, pronounced fran-swah, it's meaning defined as either "Frenchman" or "free man." Not sure what the implications of that are, the most I can twist it as is that I consider myself somewhat freed of inhibitions. I find most things in life to be free for the taking for those who choose to rise to the occasion, no matter what the status quo might be. Sappy stuff, yeah, but it's pretty "free" sounding.

Vincenzo is my middle name, meaning "conqueror."

Fico is my last name. It means "fig" literally and, for whatever reason, is a colloquialism for "cool guy" in adolescent Italian society.

Veece, my friend, Are you French? Your exemplary name implies that you are.

My first name is Charles.

It's pronounced the french way though, so you don't pronounce the "s" at the end. I guess it's pronounced something like "sharl"

According to wikipedia, it comes from the anglo-saxon and it means: Free man.

I don't have a middle name.

My family name means something like "from the woods"

My name is cool because I'm probably one of the only 3 people in the world who have the last name of Hiebert-White B)

But anyways...

Nicholas:

It means "Victorious People", but that really has nothing to do with me. I was named after my great-great grandfather who was named after Tsar Nicholas I or II, I'm not sure. They named my 2x great-grandfather that because they Prussian Mennonites there, who were considered outcasts at the time, so all of the Mennonites there would name their kids after Russian royalty to try and fit in. So my first name came from people trying to appease Russians.

James:

My middle name means supplanter, or representative. This name has no origin for me. My parents picked it because it seemed to fit and it's short compared to the rest of my name.

My last name is Hiebert-White, which is just the combination of my parent's last names

Hiebert (Pronounced He Bert):

This name could be one of two things. It could translate to something along the lines of "hacker", which would mean our ancestors would have had a woodcutting profession. It could also be named after a town I believe.

White:

This name was Americanized from the name Veiss I think. Other than that I don't know much about it.

My first name is Michael, it's origins are from the Hebrew question מי כמו אלוהים? (Mi kamo elohim?) meaning "Who is like god?"

My middle name is David, which also came from Hebrew דָּוִד (Dawid) meaning "Beloved"

My last name is Francisco is the Spanish and Portuguese variation of Francis, it means "Free man"

My first name is Ethan: It is of Hebrew origin, and means strong and firm.

My middle name is Cain: Hebrew and means spear.

My last name is Charlesworth: It is of English origin.

My full name is Elvis W. Strickland, jr.

Yes, "W". I prefer not to reveal my middle name.

Now, first of all, I don't know any of the history behind my names. I don't really care to be honest. All I know is how I got them.

I was named after my dad, hence the "jr". I believe his first name (Elvis) came from his grandfather, who was born before Elvis Presley, and his middle name (W) came from his uncle. So for any of you wondering, my first name was NOT, in any way, derived from Elvis Presley.

Marcus- God of War

Ryan- little king

Waller- one who builds walls.

Those who care to call me by my name from now on, I prefer my middle name, Ryan.