Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rarity's Fake Eyelashes

Daedric Pony

The title is a spoiler for others who haven't seen that episode. >_>

Which one? The episode that's been out for 10 days? Or the episode that's been out for 11 months? I swear that is by far my biggest complaint about these forums. All you people that whine about spoilers... It's like I can't say anything about a resent episode whatsoever. *disable whining mode* Uh I mean yeah my bad!! Some mod should slap a huge spoiler tag on my thread for me! &)

Which one? The episode that's been out for 10 days? Or the episode that's been out for 11 months? I swear that is by far my biggest complaint about these forums. All you people that whine about spoilers... It's like I can't say anything about a resent episode whatsoever. *disable whining mode* Uh I mean yeah my bad!! Some mod should slap a huge spoiler tag on my thread for me! &)

I've seen them up to date, I'm just thinking about others that might be upset. :P
  • Brohoof 1

I've seen them up to date, I'm just thinking about others that might be upset. :P

The sad part is your probably right... But yeah I don't think anyone would have a right to complain. These are the show discussion threads after all.
  • Brohoof 1

I knew this a million years ago... :P

Its funny how she puts a false eyelash on in front of everypony in Ep.26 with no problem, and makes a big deal out of it in the latest episode...

I dunno, maybe the bakers were more suprised? :/

I don't think Rarity even needs false eyelashes. She will always be the most beautiful pony in Equestria :D

Agreed, false eyelashes are just for enhancement!

Undoubtedly! :D

Okay, to keep this thread from ending up in the spam pile: Yes, Rarity does wear false eyelashes. Yes, she was seen putting them on back in The Best Night Ever. It's strange how MMMystery on the Friendship Express only remembers The Best Night Ever through some kind of haze...Pony Joe shows up but is renamed Doughnut Joe, it takes fourteen or fifteen hours to get to Canterlot by train instead of the few hours it took by carriage, Rarity treats her admission of false eyelashes as a big reveal...strange indeed.

Here's a question: Other than because she's being a drama queen, why might she treat her false eyelashes as such a huge reveal? There are a number of intriguing possibilities raised by this. For example, it could be an indication of her early childhood history, the sort of things her parents do, a life that kept her from being all that vain with her appearance. Maybe she lost her eyelashes due to some childhood accident and has to replace them now.

Or, and here is a possibility that was tossed around by some people, including myself, that I don't take too seriously since it would never appear on the show: what if Rarity wears false eyelashes because she wasn't born a filly, but was born a colt?

Or, and here is a possibility that was tossed around by some people, including myself, that I don't take too seriously since it would never appear on the show: what if Rarity wears false eyelashes because she wasn't born a filly, but was born a colt?

.... wtf?

Edited by ɥsɐp ʍoquıɐɹ
  • Brohoof 2

.... wtf?

It would arguably explain some of the ways she insists on her vanity and her femininity, obsessing over every aspect of her appearance. As I said I don't really take the notion all that seriously, but I wouldn't mind seeing it explored in a fanfic. (Of course, Equestria being the utopia it is, they'd accept transponies just as they'd accept anyone else.)

Scandalous! And what is that mane, a wig?

Absolutely not. Her mane was soaked quite a few times in the show (e.g Look Before You Sleep, Sisterhooves Social). Not a wig.