Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who should get their own episode?

CastletonSnob

(edited)

MORE SCOOTALOO MORE SCOOTALOO MORE SCOOTALOO

I agree that Zecora should get an episode. But I'd also like to see more of Moondancer, Minuette, Coco Pommel, Big Mac, and Cheerilee.

Maybe an episode of Moondancer hanging out with her new friends Minuette, Twinkleshine, and Lemon Heart?

Moondancer is still new to the whole friendship thing, but her friends help her come out of her shell.

Edited by VG_Addict
  • Brohoof 3

I agree with everything already said here, especially Moondancer. On a related subject, while I'm not sure there should be whole episodes that revolve around them, I'd really, really like to see more of Trixie and Gilda.

• Brohoof 2

Celestia: she’s been here from the very first episode, she’s the architect, she’s controversial, and it’s about damn time we meet her for who she is without the entire royal/teacher charade. Also I’d love to imagine pain and confusion on writers’ faces when tasked with the creation of such an episode. Giddy up Larson!

• Brohoof 2

I think Applejack, Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash need their own episodes, going into their past or their family.  We don't know who their parents are (unless those shooting stars were actually canon to AJ's parents being deceased).  Plus I think it would be cool to have an episode with Rainbow and Fluttershy as fillies living their life in flight school 

• Brohoof 2

I agree with Celestia needing an episode, preferably involved with Chrysalis and the changelings. That would reveal some "nice" chemistry. I also want to know more about Chrysalis and her backstory. If the writers can pull that off I'd be happier than Pinkie on an average day.  

• Brohoof 1

Celestia and Zecora.  Maybe in a team up?

As for a character that hasn't been mentioned, I think a Mayor Mare episode has a lot of potential. Wacky bureaucratic hijinks!  It could be like an episode of Parks and Recreation, but with ponies!

• Brohoof 2

I can never get enough of Rarity or Luna, so I would be happy to see more episodes about both of them, but honestly they aren't the most needed since they each have a few great ones already.

I agree that Zecora is a very good candidate, but personally her rhyming tends to get on my nerves, and I don't think I would enjoy an entire episode filled with rhyme.

Celestia seems like the best and most obvious answer.  We only know the most superficial things about her, and an episode exploring her personality (and/or her history) would be really interesting.  I think it would also help to explain a lot of things, which would retroactively justify some of her decisions over the years.  It wouldn't be easy for them to write, but it sure would be fun to watch.

• Brohoof 1

Zecora or more of the background characters. I enjoyed seeing Twilight's past friends, and they should get another one. I do not think honestly that Celestia should get her own episode. NOT BEING RUDE, but she has been viewed as this perfect ruler. What would be interesting enough about her to have her own episode without the main six or Luna?

• Brohoof 2

I would like another Trixie episode, showing development after her being bested by Twilight twice.  More from her point of view.

I do not think that Celestia would be good fodder for a stand alone episode.  The point of her within the show, save once or twice, is to be a perfect example of a mother/authority figure.  In the context of this show, she is painted to be almost god-like in design.  She has no real conflict to face, and her day to day life does not make for an interesting show.  She keeps watch over her kingdom and deals with matters of diplomacy, how boring would that be for us to just watch?  Given, we could have some world-threatening conflict appear and Celestia defeat it, but I feel like that goes against the flow of the show.  Celestia sees in those close to her what they can become and the potential that they have.  She tends to use this perception to guide ponies into bettering themselves.  Her wisdom, power, possessions, authority, appearance, and attitude make her a difficult character to relate to.  If the audience cannot see any of themselves in a character, the storyline will not impact them heavily.  There's no development or conflict for her to have, she has been made to be perfect.  So if she got her own episode her character, as it has existed, would have to be changed.  I dislike breaks from established character in storylines because it cheapens the value of the story and makes you feel like you have wasted your time watching up to this point because they are throwing what you've respected out the window.

Also, Luna is not a valid comparison to Celestia.  She has been developed as a character, since the pilot I might add, as a relatable character with struggles and regrets that really hit home with a great number of people.  Everybody has regrets at some point in their lives and she has been shown to handle these regrets in a more "human" way.  Celestia regrets sending her sister to the moon, but this is the only major struggle we've seen and it is not relatable to most children.  Parents might relate to the regrets over harsh punishments, but this show and the universe that has been established therein does not favor emphasizing parental, internal conflicts.

Edited by Luna_tic
  • Brohoof 1