Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Was an animator actually fired for adding Slenderpony to Pinkie Apple Pie?

SteveMorison

Heard this rumour in the Youtube comments. Apparently an animator added Slenderpony into Pinkie Apple Pie as a joke and got fired as a result, this was apparently revealed by one of the writers at bronycon 2014. If true I think that's really harsh, he only appears in about 4 frames and is way in the background, most people would have to have had it pointed out before they noticed, in fact I can't notice it in normal time even though I know it's there.

• Brohoof 4

Why did the animator do that? is he crazy? :P

I would guess he knew alot about the brony fandom, what other interests alot of them had and wanted to add an easter egg. He was probably even a brony and/or a creepypasta fan himself.
  • Brohoof 2

I find this on a copy of the episode on dailymotion. As soon as I pause on it, video goes black and flash crashes. Creepy...

Maybe it wasn't an animator, maybe he's watching us.

They were probably forced to fire the artist by legal over potential copyright problems,

Is Slenderman copyrighted? MrCreepyPasta is screwed in that case.

I'm just going to point out that this probably never happened.

It happened. Watch the episode, pause it at the pinpoint moment and you will see it.

it doesnt even look like anything, just a random leaf moving on a bush

Look closer and you'll see the faceless head of a pony above the rocks and his suit visible in between.

It happened. Watch the episode, pause it at the pinpoint moment and you will see it.
 I wasn't talking about the easter egg. What I meant was that he wasn't fired for putting it in.

Lol, is this because she finds a note on the door? Even if it was slenderman, it's barely even noticeable or recognizable at all so I doubt anyone could get fired over that.

I knew about the Easter Egg since Pinkie Apple Pie aired, but I don't recommend paying attention to rumors, especially ones on YouTube, since there's no actual proof of the animator's firing.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 2

Lol, is this because she finds a note on the door? Even if it was slenderman, it's barely even noticeable or recognizable at all so I doubt anyone could get fired over that.

That is a good connection.

I very highly doubt anyone was fired over this. I mean, we have had direct Doctor Who references and references to The Big Lebowski, pretty sure a Slenderpony appearing for all of 1 second would not be cause for termination. If that were the case then it could be filed under 'most petty reason to fire someone'.

I don't believe this fireing actually happened.

• Brohoof 1