Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Any MTG playing Bronies out there?

Fifth Element

I'm sure this thread has been posted multiple times, but I figured to give it a new kick start! Anypony here play MTG? What kinds of formats do you like to play? What's your favorite color (or color combination) to play?

As for me, I like Commander, and my favorite color combo is UWR, or Jeskai/America. Hoping to chat Magic with anyone here!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

*bump*

93-94 deck completed.

Tournament won :)

Legacy/Vintage/93-94 don't have to be expensive. There are many resources for budget Decks. The budget deck in our 93-94 tournament did very well. (3rd or 2nd?)

I see people playing that game quite often, and really want to get into it and people have taught me the a bit of how to play, but my parents are extremely conservative and call it a satanic game that will corrupt my soul. If I ever got cards and played my parents would take them away and probably send me to a counselor to, "cleanse my soul." Maybe someday.

Jeez, I thought we got over that yeeeears ago.

We even have "devil" as a creature type these days.

I've played on and off for 20+yrs and have never sacrificed a goat or any other creature to my horned master

Ahem </jk>

If you leave home college/work then you'll have more ability to play - what about the versions for Steam/Xbox/PS?

• Brohoof 1

I play it but only through the video games, specifically the Duels series. Been playing a lot of Duels Origins since it came out. It is a neat game for those like me that find the physical card game too much of a hassle, but man is that game flawed. Even now it could use tons of refinement.

I like to play variations, but my favorite colors are usually blue/black or red/white. I want to make a green/black deck sometime.

• 4 months later...

I've never played like, seriously before, but at most I've gone to my local card shops on pre-release events and booster draft games so I know I'm walking away with something for my money. If I have to win to walk away with something to merit the 25 dollars I've tossed, then I know I'm jinxing myself!

Though I have amassed a good dresser-full of some two thousand or so cards. I've got a deck built around my Draconequus OC & each "head" of my hydra. Kind of want to do that someday. Play six simultaneous decks against one person, though I am still working out the kinks in that plan as how to make the field even. Perhaps a shared life pool. And maybe a long table with a wheely chair.

So on anything but a competetitive level, I am a good 85% in the know, heh.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/18/2015 at 2:17 AM, Dawnchaser said:

Eeyup.

Standard

Modern

Legacy

Vintage

Old School aka '93-'9

EDH

Tiny Leaders

Pauper

I err towards Aggro as I like the chance to have lunch/trade/chat at events

Lets have an update.

I did play for a while on Cockatrice, but despite saying "please be patient, im new" most people were, well, "c*cks" :I

Havent tried Xmage, @Bas was on about that to me a while ago.

My local club has drifted away from Standard and I've broken my Legacy and Vintage decks down, I've realised that if i have the option to play Leg/Vin/Old, I'll play Old School :)

Premodern is becoming a "thing" but I'm resisting the temptation to join in

Ill have a look at Arena (think i have beta access available but havent used it)

• 3 weeks later...

I still play MTG with my friends, but our decks(and collections) are quite a bit outdated, so i guess you can say i play 'modern'.
most of my cards are from the myrodin/kamigawa era, and half my main deck is in the banlist. I really love deckbuilding and have made many a wacky deck in my time, my favorite color is red,(goblins helped this decision, but i also like it's game style) my latest deck is (Boros)white/red angels for modern, but i made it on a budget so it's not a 3rd turn win or anything. still holds quite well on x-mage though

• 4 weeks later...

I played long time ago in high school when revised (3rd edition) came out. Stopped playing after high school and picked it back up in college during the Invasion block up until Mirrodin when our local store closed. Played in some drafts and tournaments on the weekends.

• 3 weeks later...

Very cool @Bas

Was that a special commission?

I've had my Enterplay Mane Six mat for a while

6-ponies-Playmat-Mock.png?v=1501547696

I recently took delivery of a limited edition Melissa Benson alternate art (3.0) Nightmare playmat

12493957_1195192367172725_28174063993197

and today the original artwork (1.0) Nightmare playmat arrived

38211797_2447897128568903_34665438420548

• Brohoof 1

Same here, have a local club, but don't get to it very often as I might be working late that night or up early the following morning for work.

Any particular formats or decks that you play MP?

Slight amendment to the formats I play.

Modern

Old School

Pauper

EDH

Tiny Leaders

Realised that if there's a Legacy or Vintage event there'll normally be something Old School nearby and I'd rather play that.

Standard has died at my club and it's expensive to keep up with the rotations.