Fifth Element

Gaming Any MTG playing Bronies out there?

Just now, Dawnchaser said:

How developed is your FTG? Any cards?

I'm just about done with the template. When I'm finished, I'll make some sample cards.

I have figured out the play styles of each color, or Element, in this case because you get mana from the Elements of Harmony instead of Lands. Plus, there's 6 instead of 5 colors.

• Best Costume Ever 1

Another thing that my sustain/stall deck has is a few cards with Extort and a Poitiff of Blight, which gives ALL of my creatures Extort and creatures that already have Extort are allowed a second proc of Extort. For those who don’t know, Extort is an Orzhov ability (white/black) that basically steals life from your opponent for every instance of Extort you proc. With Poitiff of Blight, two Axebane Guardians and a crap ton of defenders on the field, i can have a cheaper Consume Spirit effect just by having this Zombie Cleric card out. :D 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant

Badges

Shame Pontiff isn't Common

I have a WB Pauper Extort deck :)

...with a life gain sub-theme 

Bump In The Night ...extorted twice you lose 5 life, I gain 2 for 3mana :)

(Maybe I should include Spirit Link / Vampiric Link 🤔 )

Sounds good @Millennium Shadow, I hope to see the fruits of your labours in the future. You say you're more of a collector these days, any particular things you're collecting?

Edited by Dawnchaser

3 minutes ago, Dawnchaser said:

Sounds good, @Millennium Shadow. I hope to see the fruits of your labours in the future. You say you're more of a collector these days. Any particular things you're collecting?

We can discuss FTM, if you're interested. :P
The main reason is, I don't have anypony to play with me. Also, I don't buy the cards much anymore because they're expensive, and since I don't have anypony to play with, buying the cards in the first place ultimately pointless.
I do have Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers, a game I bought on Steam, but that's the only way I can play Magic. Now, I could play my by self, but that's no really that easy; since you're playing against yourself, you already know what each "player" is gonna do, which makes it rather awkward...
 :sunny:

I remember attending a Two-headed Giant event and a friend ended up running two decks by himself, seemed a bit unfair as all the discussion was internal :/

I have DotP 2015 on my phone so I can play against the AI whilst at work.

I've been playing a bit of Arena (certainly not as much as @Bas though) have you tried it? I like it for the fact that r and m rarity can be 4x in your deck. Best of One is a bit odd.

I know that some of my Old School chums play over Skype and @Bas has a Discord channel

1 hour ago, Millennium Shadow said:

We can discuss FTM, if you're interested. :P
The main reason is, I don't have anypony to play with me. Also, I don't buy the cards much anymore because they're expensive, and since I don't have anypony to play with, buying the cards in the first place ultimately pointless.
I do have Magic 2014 - Duels of the Planeswalkers, a game I bought on Steam, but that's the only way I can play Magic. Now, I could play my by self, but that's no really that easy; since you're playing against yourself, you already know what each "player" is gonna do, which makes it rather awkward...
 :sunny:

Did you check out www.locator.wizards.com if there is any store nearby?

Also, MTG Arena is pretty big right now.

On 2/6/2019 at 11:30 AM, Dawnchaser said:

...I think this is part of the reason why we banned Consecrated SPhinx in our playgroup a long time ago, there was a game with three of them out ...it was complex :crackle:

I have got no idea how it works.

11/17/2017      If each player controls a Consecrated Sphinx, their abilities will cause each other to trigger until one player chooses not to draw cards.

PPR = ?

Badges

16 minutes ago, Bas said:

Did you check out www.Locator.Wizards.com if there is any store nearby?

Also, MTG Arena is pretty big right now.

I'm usually busy, and I don't have a car. :yeahno:

Is MTGA free, and what all does it require? :huh:

Free to play, and quite generous at that.

Windows.

Which city are you living in?

Badges

51 minutes ago, Bas said:

Free to play, and quite generous at that.

Windows.

Which city are you living in?

Nice. Thanks. :squee:

Why do you ask? :mlp_wat:

@Bas all those triggers from 2+ Sphinx's gets rather complex to track rather quickly :D

PPR = Pauper

17 hours ago, Millennium Shadow said:

Why do you ask? :mlp_wat:

To check out where there is a LGS - Local Gaming Store - nearby.

Badges

*New Mulligan Trial*

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/competitive-gaming/mythic-championship-ii-format-and-london-test-2019-02-21

The London Mulligan

"The rule we'll be testing in London is as such:

When you mulligan for the Nth time, you draw seven cards, then put N cards on the bottom of your library in any order.

So, for example, let's say you're taking your second mulligan of a game, what we often call a mulligan to five.

You would draw seven cards, select two, and place those two on the bottom of your library in any order.

Then you would decide whether to keep or mulligan again."

Hmm, how can this be abused :mlp_huh:

Obviously some strategies will like this more than other. Post-Dispatch could be people mulliganing to purely find their Leyline :okiedokieloki:

I wondered about why not simply increase the scry, I noticed though, you can now see more information before deciding for the possible next mulligan.

I always wondered a) Why the current mulligan rule took so long to come up with and b) if the way-too-many non-games are healthy and couldn't be reduced by another mulligan rule.

Badges

You could try Dawn's Mulligan

Draw 12 cards, choose the 7 you like, then put the other five on the top and/or bottom of your library in any order :derp:

Went to showdown today.

RDW. Didn't finish mono U because a few cards are missing (uncommons).

0-3.

Gets a showdown pack.

Foil Aurelia.

GG.

Badges

On 2/27/2019 at 11:06 PM, Bas said:

Went to showdown today.

RDW. Didn't finish mono U because a few cards are missing (uncommons).

0-3.

Gets a showdown pack.

Foil Aurelia.

GG.

Standard?

Ayup. That very one.

Got my mono U almost complete, only 3 melodies are missing.

I really favor playing budget friendly mono color decks lol!

Badges

Teaser MTG Infinity War War of the Spark:

Bolas is known for his cruelty. I just wondered how insane awesome it would be if he would actually make a feast of Planeswalkers: The Hunger Games. I think that would be insanely cool!

There will be 36 PW in the set and each booster is containing one on guarantee! I do wonder if we will see uncommon walkers like we did with legends in Dominaria - Speaking of, how many uncommon legendaries were there before?

It is also rumored that every pre-release box will contain one PW as promo card, but that's of course not worth as much if we really end up seeing them printed at uncommon.

Edited by Bas

Badges

I might get back into it after being out of it a few years. My boyfriend plays some Magic, so I want to share that with him. :catface: Plus, I already have plenty of cards to make plenty of decks, anyways. There are at least 3 full decks in the shoebox I have FULL of cards, so... I shouldn't have trouble.

You could try by starting playing Magic Arena.

Badges

Played some commander last weekend, was great.

Yesterday I forced someone in Simic during draft right after me while I was drafting it as well, having passed the Simic split rare (I simply cannot rate it) and a Sharktocrab from a booster which also contained the Frilled Mystic (the creature that counters a spell on ETB).

Anyways, went 2-1.

Todays, some commanders with my Niv-Mizzet deck (Original Rav, methinks). I think this deck is pretty bad in 1v1 because I run too many counterspells and small removals like Lightning Bolt.

Else, we drafted, and I did build a Simic ramp deck in an extreme way, having 3 Growth Spirals, 2 Simic Lockets and 2 of the 3 mana simic ramp creatures /7 ramps spells in total). I did skip on 2 drops as creatures, and minus the 2 ramp creatures had only 8 in total. Had the big End-Maze Runners, though!

On that standard event for the playmat prize - Well, I went 1-3, and that one win was from a bye.

Edit: Will hopefully link War of the Spark article and trailer tomorrow.
For the 2headed giant pre-release event, I intend to register as the team name Tar of the Dark! :P

Edited by Bas

Badges