Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rant: Starlight Glimmer is going to go alicorn

cider float

I wouldn't put it past her. She has to find some way to get an edge over Twilight if she wants to take them on again.

Off-Topic: Also when I first heard Glimmer, I thought of Spyro.

Edited by RainbowDarth
  • Brohoof 1

I forgot to say this but also another reason I think she will transform is because she is the most plain looking major villain so far so I think she might undergo a transformation.

Surely, given the nature of her particular brand of villainy, a lower key, 'grey man' sort of appearance is more appropriate.  She's not a super-villain like Tirek or Sombra, her's is a more subtle, insidious kind of scheming.

I'd be happy if she tapped into some other well of power but I wouldn't want her to turn into just another stereotype evildoer.

• Brohoof 1

Personally I don't think she's the right kind of villain to be superpowered as an alicorn. As Cornered Bystander said above me, she's more subtle with her scheming.

Besides, even if they do make another alicorn, it's gotta be Sunset Shimmer first. She at the very least deserves it.

• Brohoof 4

The only reason that would happen is if it was either temporary, or she became one of the main characters. If it happens during the season finale then I don't see what the problem is. And I highly doubt the writers would add an eighth main character.   

Edited by chirox the pony

The only reason that would happen is if it was either temporary, or she became one of the main characters. If it happens during the season finale then I don't see what the problem is. And I highly doubt the writers would add an eighth main character.   

Eigth? Who's the seventh main character?

Well that would be Spike.

I think an argument can be made that Spike is a main character in the way that the CMC are main characters, but not the primary Mane Six. Spike and CMC all get episodes of their own, but they are definitely left out when it comes to saving the day and that sort of thing. So I think it would be more proper to leave Spike at second-tier. If anything, I could make the argument that Sunset Shimmer has more of a claim to being a 7th main character over Spike, given that she HAS been instrumental in the Mane Six's figth against evil.

I Could very much see a Temporary situation where she steals Twilight's cutie mark to turn into an alicorn, and I actually thought that WAS her plan in the beginning of the premier.

There's an image on promotional material that looks like Starlight glimmer as an alicorn, and it would be a very good way to show her as a hypocrite if she was forced even MORE to turn her back on her philosophy of "anti-cutie marks" to try and beat the six by stealing someone else's talents (As that would imply her cutie mark hate is more jealousy than anything).

In such a situation, i would expect them to clarify that the mane six's cutie marks more represent their true role in life being friends (Due to them all happening at once in a single event) than their talents (and she couldn't "steal" friendship), as she'd then be defeated by the mane six's friendship doing a giant rainbow laser that'd be more powerful than an alicorn cutie mark.

Image attached for what I'm talking about here for that image

medium.png

Not only would I not put it past her, I would also expect that Sunbutt, Moonbutt and Lovebutt are conveniently horribly outmatched and outwitted by Starlight Glimmer and Twilight and co are left to save the day, together of course, and through their learned experiences.

Its really not that hard to predict these plots. They practically write themselves.

I think an argument can be made that Spike is a main character in the way that the CMC are main characters, but not the primary Mane Six. Spike and CMC all get episodes of their own, but they are definitely left out when it comes to saving the day and that sort of thing. So I think it would be more proper to leave Spike at second-tier. If anything, I could make the argument that Sunset Shimmer has more of a claim to being a 7th main character over Spike, given that she HAS been instrumental in the Mane Six's figth against evil.

Really? Spike defeated King Sombra and saved the day.

I forgot to say this but also another reason I think she will transform is because she is the most plain looking major villain so far so I think she might undergo a transformation.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRR. she could unleash a bigger menace with her actions. Nightmare Star maybe 

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRR. she could unleash a bigger menace with her actions. Nightmare Star maybe 

To be honest, I'm expecting nightmare star to be part of the upcoming scaremaster episode as a costume of some type or whatnot (Heck, maybe even rip off the old "Costumes turn real due to a magical spell" thing for it).

The more I think about it, the more nightmare star seems like it will make the Finale "too busy", y'know what I mean? The point of the episode will be cutie marks and starlight glimmer and twilight's opposition (Based on the name of the episode at least, Cutie remark).

Adding in Nightmare Star would presumably usurp the cutie mark focus.

Not only would I not put it past her, I would also expect that Sunbutt, Moonbutt and Lovebutt are conveniently horribly outmatched and outwitted by Starlight Glimmer and Twilight and co are left to save the day, together of course, and through their learned experiences.

Its really not that hard to predict these plots. They practically write themselves.

I kind of figure Luna and celestia will be absent from the episode, being far off in another area like the season premier. I don't think Starlight's going to bring them into the picture in her plan.

To be honest, I'm expecting nightmare star to be part of the upcoming scaremaster episode as a costume of some type or whatnot (Heck, maybe even rip off the old "Costumes turn real due to a magical spell" thing for it).

The more I think about it, the more nightmare star seems like it will make the Finale "too busy", y'know what I mean? The point of the episode will be cutie marks and starlight glimmer and twilight's opposition (Based on the name of the episode at least, Cutie remark).

Adding in Nightmare Star would presumably usurp the cutie mark focus.

Unless the main focus is revenge and not equality. We'll have to wait to find out 

I kind of figure Luna and celestia will be absent from the episode, being far off in another area like the season premier. I don't think Starlight's going to bring them into the picture in her plan.

Normally I would agree, but the trend of finales, minus Magical Mystery Cure and The Best Night Ever has been to have large scale disasters and confrontations that inevitably draw in the Royal Sisters somehow. For the most part there roles and lack thereof have been adequately accounted for, although in A Canterlot Wedding there was a major plothole with Luna being on patrol and missing half the time.

I'm expecting that Starlight will manage to conquer more this time and have much higher and bigger ambitions. At the bare minimum, she will take over Ponyville, but she may very well aim higher, which will draw Canterlot attention. I just hope they find a good way to incorporate the Royal Sisters this time. It gets rather predictable and stale when you know the show has a habit of writing off supporting characters when they're deemed unnecessary. A change from that for once would be nice, like they did with Discord.  :umad:

Another idea. Starlight Glimmer makes a deal with Discord and she goes back in time to where Celestia and Luna fought Discord. She then makes their magic backfire somehow so Celestia and Luna are trapped in stone.

What do you think?