Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Merionic figurines!

Merion

Me: *Racks his brain trying to figure out why Hasbro hasn't hired you yet.*

Those are incredible!  :ooh: wow

Please excuse me while I blush and sweat nervously for the rest of my life  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

Fill me in when you are ready for commissions. These ponies are better than any Hasbro merch I've seen. How do you make them just like a plaster mold and you pour in acrylic and let it dry then sand it? because they are really interesting.

• Brohoof 1

Fill me in when you are ready for commissions. These ponies are better than any Hasbro merch I've seen. How do you make them just like a plaster mold and you pour in acrylic and let it dry then sand it? because they are really interesting.

Thank you!

That's pretty much it! Though my mold is made of silicone rubber (it's flexible and doesn't break when I remove the cast figurine from it!) :D And my figurines are made of polyurethane resin :)

• 5 weeks later...

The person who got my Aria Blaze sculpture also wanted the remaining two Dazzlings... So I delivered! :D

I'm particularly proud of Adagio's mane and tail, they were quite tricky to make. (Also, her cutie mark was PAIN to paint, but I think it turned out OK.)

What do you guys think? Photos of Sonata coming soon!

post-14850-0-72652400-1451518795_thumb.jpg

post-14850-0-55252600-1451518809_thumb.jpg

post-14850-0-45975000-1451518822_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 4

Astounding. Jaw dropping. Splendorific. That's it, I'm out of words.

Your work is amazing. Even though all the figurines are based on the same model, you couldn't tell that by looking at the pictures one after the other. The attention to detail, the carefully chosen expressions, the customization of each character... each and every one of these stands out. And Mimir's head, HOW are you able to paint something like these eyes and cutie marks? I couldn't paint a straight line on a figure this scale to save my life and you do it in full color... I envy you that talent so much.

...and we even live in the same country?! Now it will be a cold day in hell before I stop dreaming about buying something from you. Although with the production time that's needed and the stunning final effect, I imagine they must be worth a fortune. And if you sell them for any less, you must be the embodiment of generosity.

Also, however hard it is to pick from these, I have to say Lyra is your best work from among these. The idea to make her wear a hoodie, that smirk which says "I know you dig me in this, brony"... In. Credible.

• Brohoof 2

T-thank you! ♡ Your post has made my day (my entire week, even!). You have no idea how happy I am that my work is appreciated! Positive feedback gives me the energy boost I need to keep making my figurines.  :blush: (And to tackle the finals, augh! It's THAT time of the year again.)

...and we even live in the same country?! Now it will be a cold day in hell before I stop dreaming about buying something from you. Although with the production time that's needed and the stunning final effect, I imagine they must be worth a fortune. And if you sell them for any less, you must be the embodiment of generosity.

Wait, we do? That's awesome!  Do you ever attend any pony meets or cons? I've never been to any because I don't know ANYONE in the fandom... I'd like to give them a try, tho!

• Brohoof 1

Positive feedback gives me the energy boost I need to keep making my figurines. 

So I can say now that I had my part in the creation of the best pony miniatures I've ever seen :yay:  Talk about mutual gains!

(And to tackle the finals, augh! It's THAT time of the year again.)

You said it. That grad paper won't write itself. A shame, really. (*non-existent disappointed Twilight emoticon*)

Do you ever attend any pony meets or cons? I've never been to any because I don't know ANYONE in the fandom... I'd like to give them a try, tho!

Do try, I recommend it. Having only been to one may not say much, plus I went alone, so... there were a few nicknames I knew from the forums through which the whole shebang was organised, but not really the people. It still was not an unpleasant experience, but with just a single someone on whose company one might rely, a con of our culture is definitely a blast.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonderful work! They have a personal touch to them while staying true to the style of the show. It's very obvious that you put a lot of time into them and pay special attention to detail. ❤️

I stalked your tumblr and etsy looking for prices and whatnot (I'm on mobile and not on tumblr so I could have missed it), but please post an update when you're open for commissions. Even a PM or tagging me in a commission thread.

Edited by HopeGlimmer

So I can say now that I had my part in the creation of the best pony miniatures I've ever seen :yay:  Talk about mutual gains!

Do try, I recommend it. Having only been to one may not say much, plus I went alone, so... there were a few nicknames I knew from the forums through which the whole shebang was organised, but not really the people. It still was not an unpleasant experience, but with just a single someone on whose company one might rely, a con of our culture is definitely a blast.

Oh stop it, you flatterer! I'm blushing... 

Seriously, tho. I'm definitely attending Pyrkon this year! Are there any ponymeets/pony events planned for the big cons? What do you think?

these figurines are really amazing how have you not been noticed yet by any company?

Thank you! I'd love to work for a toy company one day... who knows? ❤️

If I had Cyber money, I would buy the Vinyl Scratch, and the Flutterbat one. These are super! :D

Thank you! They're my favourite, too!  :squee:

Wonderful work! They have a personal touch to them while staying true to the style of the show. It's very obvious that you put a lot of time into them and pay special attention to detail. ❤️

I stalked your tumblr and etsy looking for prices and whatnot (I'm on mobile and not on tumblr so I could have missed it), but please post an update when you're open for commissions. Even a PM or tagging me in a commission thread.

Thank you! I'm glad you don't mind the personal touch... I struggle to keep them 100% show-accurate and I fear people might flame me for wandering too far from the original FiM style.  :squee:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

These all look VERY nice! I might just get one or two of them! (Keep in mind the only MLP figure I have was a gift from my sister, and supposedly a joke gift at that!)

EDIT:

Forgot to ask, are these by request or what? Sorry if I'm being a bit rude about it.

Edited by pmaster3363

• 4 weeks later...

These all look VERY nice! I might just get one or two of them! (Keep in mind the only MLP figure I have was a gift from my sister, and supposedly a joke gift at that!)

Forgot to ask, are these by request or what? Sorry if I'm being a bit rude about it.

Thank you! ^v^ 

I'm thinking of taking commissions on these, starting this summer... We'll see!

They all look really, really good. I died a little from a overdose of happiness when I saw you made Flutterbat on page 1. Adorable! 

Thank youuu! She was my favourite!  :wub:

Woah! Nice work, again! I know these take a while, and it really shows!

:kindness:

Thanks! The cutie marks and the eyes are so tricky and take HOURS to paint  :kindness:

• 2 weeks later...

I am so impressed at the range of emotion you can show from the same base!

Have you thought of making a male base?

Thank you!

Hmm... maybe? I'm not sure if many people are interested in male pony figurines, tho!