Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

single guy (or girl) problems

SolidTwilight

• 3 years later...

I think the biggest thing I was missing out on when I was single was the feeling of pure bliss I get when being kissed, and cuddling. I never realized how much of a cloud nine state cuddling and kissing and being mushy and affectionate will put you on if it's a person you have real chemistry with.

And uh....sex is fun too. 

• Brohoof 2

There's the obvious stuff like hugs and cuddling (damn how I miss cuddling), but yeah there are other random times where it would be helpful to have another person around. I cosplay a bit too, and putting on some costumes is a bit tricky alone (one of mine takes nearly half an hour to get into by myself). Having another person you can always trust with your problems is great, too.

Honestly, aside from the occasional loneliness, I don't have any quarrels with being single. I already have enough stress in my life and I've seen firsthand how relationships can burn down. That is a boat I really don't want to get myself into.

People trying to force me to date someone.

Like, srsly. I'm not lonely. 

This has happened to me too many times to count. Two of my friends tried to get me to kiss a guy I didn't know just because I exposed the fact that I'd never had my first kiss.

Who gives a buck?!

(edited)

I missed out on a LOT when I was single. 

• Cuddling and kissing
  • Sex (What? I'm just being honest.)
  • The extra emotional support
  • Having someone to love
  • Something to really live for

Among other things. Oh and did I mention cuddling? Seriously it's the bomb! :wub:

Edited by ~Angel Dust~
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Emerald<3 said:

People trying to force me to date someone.

Like, srsly. I'm not lonely. 

This has happened to me too many times to count. Two of my friends tried to get me to kiss a guy I didn't know just because I exposed the fact that I'd never had my first kiss.

Who gives a buck?!

if you dont care then the discussion should be over. However, there are people that DO want to have their first kiss or boy/girlfriend and they cant have it, therefore being frustrated, so it really depends on each one. Personally i was of the second one, i alwys really wanted to have my first kiss and I never had it until some years ago. If you want it, go and get it, if you dont, then dont hurry. depends on each one. 

1 hour ago, ~Angel Dust~ said:

I missed out on a LOT when I was single. 

• Cuddling and kissing
  • Sex (What? I'm just being honest.)
  • The extra emotional support
  • Having someone to love
  • Something to really live for

Among other things. Oh and did I mention cuddling? Seriously it's the bomb! :wub:

i was reading this while watching the face of your avatar, it was perfect!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Macavity Wilko said:

I was reading this while watching the face of your avatar, it was perfect!!!!!!

Yeah my avatar is supposed to be of a very flirtatious and overtly sexual character in an upcoming cartoon show. I honestly found it relatable, and likable. :bedeyes:

1 minute ago, ~Angel Dust~ said:

Yeah my avatar is supposed to be of a very flirtatious and overtly sexual character in an upcoming cartoon show. I honestly found it relatable, and likable. :bedeyes:

Are you talking about Hazbin Hotel?

Things I had to deal with being single (and also disadvantages of an LDR):

-Having a massive libido and no one to satisfy me Hey, it's true.

-Not having someone to love/cuddle with at every moment of the day.

-Being jealous of all the other couples.

• Brohoof 1

I don't really miss cuddling because I never knew it. I just don't know how it must feel to care deeply for someone and how to show your love to them.

I feel really lonely however when I go in theathers by myself and at this same annual convention where I wonder "Will I still be alone next year?". And the answer will still be the same. I go to this convention this week-end, another year has passed.

I've been single for a few years, so I'm pretty much used to it. Tho, I do miss chatting about common interests and such with the last lady I dated. Also miss going to the snowball stand with her.  :squee:

I need to quit procrastinating and find that special somepony that is passionate about astronomy, like I am. :grin:

• Brohoof 1

Being single is the least of my worries. I have a real problem to deal with, it’s called life. 

So having a gf won’t change a thing really.

I miss the banter and the funny stuff you would get up to with the other half. 

But probably the worst for me is that knowing i wasn't good enough for a certain someone, for them to turn and cheat on me litterally weeks before i moved away... that was something:sunny:

But being single now is great. Heaps of freedom and i can focus on other things like my career and my friends:yay:

Yeah, geeze, I can't count the number of times I've wanted to make a duct tape body mold and didn't have someone to help.  I mean, that's just the worst.  Who hasn't had that problem, am I right?

Spoiler

Lol, I'm sorry.  I was just expecting this thread to be about feelings of loneliness, feeling unloved and unwanted, feelings of despair, depression and misery at knowing you'll never find love and companionship, dying alone, etc.  Definitely didn't see ticks and duct tape coming, that's for sure.  :laugh:

On 8/21/2015 at 10:41 AM, TopQuark said:

I don't think that there's a spot on my body that my hand can't reach.

:orly:

Don't take that out of context.

Awwww, come on!  Pleeeease???  :ticking:

Unless you really want to.

All right!!  YES!!!  :mlp_yeehaa:

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:44 PM, ~Angel Dust~ said:

Yes. :P

Tbh, I just read everything you write in Angel's voice and it's wonderful.

On one hand I really would like to be with someone, on the other hand I'm not sure how I'd handle that. I tend to spend most of my time just locked up in my room, enjoying being alone aside from with my dog. The last time I had a relationship was a very long time ago, so it's hard to know if I'd be able to adapt or not. I do tend to enjoy going out with friends, but that happens so incredibly rarely nowadays.

Also, I've become rather touch repulsed as of late, and I don't know how that'd go in a relationship. Perhaps I'd not feel the same way for someone I'm in a relationship with? I don't know.

Either way, it's good that I give off some massive energy of being unattractive (to people I'm attracted to, that is) so nothing ever happens. lol

I prefer being single the past few years, but yeah cuddles are awesome. It's been so long!

Here's a small list of things I find myself missing/feeling sometimes:

No physical affection
No romantic affection in general lol
No motivation to keep in good physical shape :mlp_please:
No fun days where you spend the day with your partner doing fun random stuff and going on memorable adventures

Those are my top missed stuff about being with someone. But honestly, I love being single most of the time. It can sometimes be draining to be in a relationship, especially when you need to focus on yourself more at the moment. :fluttershy:

On 8/21/2015 at 5:56 PM, SolidTwilight said:

So I have been single for awhile now and I have come across a few problems (besides the obvious ones feeling loved, and no one to cuddle with) that would be so ease if I still and a girl friend. the first one is when I come home from camping I have no one to check for ticks in all the had to see spots :-( (best way to look for ticks is to shower with a friend ;-) ) the other is I want to make a duck tape body mold so I can make a cospay outfit and I don't want to ask my male friends to tape up my lower body.

anyone else run into problems like this?

Yes, ticks! A little advice. It won't help you with your loneliness but pull up your socks over your pants, that way at least the ticks won't get in by climbing up the legs. That has an opposite effect on getting girls though, as they possibly don't like seeing guys with socks overlapping their pants. :P (ticks are so dangerous here, I don't care what people think about my socks!)

• Brohoof 1