Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Best Pony Outfits

Wind Chaser

Sure, they don't normally wear clothes, but that doesn't mean they don't ever wear clothes!

I saw it appropriate, that since this forum is honoring World Fashion Day, to make a blog post about my favorite outfits from the show: https://mlpforums.com/blog/1581/entry-17764-top-5-pony-outfits/

Fashion, despite being a major part of Rarity's character and prominent in many episodes of the series, is often overlooked in its symbolism and expression of character. Many of the show's artists express enjoyment with designing outfits for the characters to wear on special occasions.

I'd like to see how much this community appreciates it. Which outfits in the series are your favorites? What kind of fashion would you like to see in the series?

• Brohoof 2

Definitely the S1 gala outfits. Completely beautiful and elegant. It just goes to show how when things are designed with LOOKS in mind instead of being Toyetic, they tend to be best. (alot of the 100% toy designs look awful compared to 1 shot designs... which is ironic since fans then demand the non-toy designs as toys XD like the nightmare night costumes).

Anyways:
In addition to this, Dash in commander hurricane's armor from hearth's warming eve. Dash's color scheme works INCREDIBLY well with black or dark colors, so the armor is just beautiful on her. I think it'd be better without the helmet to show off her hair, but its still great. I'd love for them to make a toy of that. (The crystal armor she wears in the S3 premier by contrast isn't as good due to its lighter colors)

After that, Dash's Zapp outfit is also good: Black like the Commander hurricane armor, it shows off her well, and the gold trim on the outlines is great.

Fluttershy in the crystal armor from the S3 premier is a good look for her as well, on the note of armor. Unlike dash I feel lighter colors work well on shy, so the crystal armor is a good fit for her.

• Brohoof 4

I normally don't like ponies in clothes. But the first gala dresses are the best. I mean they are beautiful and the design fits to the characters. The second Gala Dresses are good too (except for AJ, the green was to bright), but the first are the best clothes ever in the show. I also like the Guard armor, especially the Night Guard Armor.

So, I would vote (if there were a voting) for the Gala dresses from the first Gala. 

The_main_cast_in_their_gala_dresses_S01E

• Brohoof 2

So, I would vote (if there were a voting) for the Gala dresses from the first Gala. 

That's fine, I didn't put in a poll because there are too many individual outfits, accounting for all of them (even something like a clown suit would probably merit inclusion). I also would put all the Gala dresses separately since there are those who prefer some more than others (Fluttershy and Twilight are my personal favorites).

• Brohoof 2

That's fine, I didn't put in a poll because there are too many individual outfits, accounting for all of them (even something like a clown suit would probably merit inclusion). I also would put all the Gala dresses separately since there are those who prefer some more than others (Fluttershy and Twilight are my personal favorites).

I definitely can understand you. There are to many clothes (some good, some really bad). And yes, the first Gala dresses of Fluttershy and Twilight are my favorites too because I like the motives (Nature and Astronomy).

• Brohoof 2

Fashion is awesome.  Ponies are awesome.

Ponies and fashion:  Will it double awesome?  YES.

As much as I love Rarity's dresses, and although I don't much care for Power Ponies due to how weird and out of place it felt, I think the Power Pony costumes might be some of my favorite fashions.

Power_Ponies_S4E6.png

But I think one of the most awesome outfits ever worn on this show was Dashie's Crystal Empire joust armor.

post-26336-0-17129100-1440216191_thumb.png

Just look at her.  She was made to be a gladiator.

• Brohoof 4