Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite type of humor?

BlueBrony

Humor is one of those quirky things that makes humans so different and interesting. As far as we know, no other creature has such a wide spectrum of types of humor as we do. So from anti-jokes to one liners, slapstick to spoonerisms, tell me what you prefer and why!

As for me, I am not above making puns, even intentionally bad ones. Literal humor is my bread and butter (someone asks for a hand, I ask left or right). Dry humor gets me the most excited though, because it never acknowledges that the situation is humorous even though it clearly is.

Case in point:

• Brohoof 3

Anything unexpected, sometimes when there's a step in the story that is cut.

I was reading The Dream of a Lifetime by Don Rosa the other day, so I can give a few examples:

744447donrosa.png

(the part where one of the Beagle Boy crushes Donald's head with the drum isn't showed)

998910donrosa2.png

So yeah, "humor of transition"? :P

Puns are funny too.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I like dark humor, where it sets you up to expect one thing, but then the actual punchline is horrible(as in evil, not low quality). I'll some examples of relatively mild ones below(the really bad ones I think would get me in trouble with the mods).

I'm not a racist. Racism is a crime and crime is for black people.

My wife, being unhappy with my mood swings, bought me one of these mood rings so she could monitor my mood. 
We discovered that, when I am in a good mood, it turns green and, when I am in a bad mood, it leaves a big red mark on her forehead.

What's white on top and black on the bottom? Society.

Also, these don't reflect my real views about racism and domestic abuse, they're just jokes.

• Brohoof 5

I like dry, dorky humor, or anything that's just really absurd in general.

trimester.png

or...

donald_knuth.png

The XKCD webcomic would be a good example of that.

Edited by Admiral Regulus
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm...well, I like puns and dry humor. I like wordplay too, like this:

I've recently watched Monty Python and the Holy Grail, hadn't laughed like that in a long time. Not sure what that kind of humor is called, but I like it as well. :D

Edited by VengefulStrudel
  • Brohoof 2

Crude and dark humor are so good. I seem to get a real good jolly laugh from these areas the most. Puns irritate me. Jokes aimed at each other in the form of insults as done between friends is also one I partake in often.

• Brohoof 1

I am a huge fan of humor that dabbles in subtlety. Humor that is not always direct and more about perhaps simple gestures or just about word delivery. I have found myself laughing at just the way someone might say something if they deliver it in a certain way. Subtle humor seems to be difficult to pull off effectively. If done well though, it is hilarious stuff.

• Brohoof 2