Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your favorite type of humor?

BlueBrony

If you've ever seen the anime Shirokuma Cafe, that's the kind of humor I'm into. That and more witty humor. Honestly, I'm into most if not all kinds of humor. I think the only humor I can say I don't like is grossout humor. Why? Because most of the time it seems to only exist to shock and not produce genuine laughs.

Edited by tigris115
  • Brohoof 1

Sorta kinda the dark humor that FiW has. It's not because it's dark humor but because the characters are just so stupid, and how they have people in the background saying stuff. Also when I watched FiW a second time I never realized how so many of their jokes flew under my radar the first time! I know someone who does that kinda stuff irl, just quick, witty remarks and I consider them the funniest person I know.

So whatever that kind of humor is called - that.

• Brohoof 2

I laugh at almost everything. The things that I laugh at the most are definitely the strangest things though.

I remember crying of laughter when I saw this one, because I think the way he talks and the pitch of his voice is just... I don't know. But it's hilarious to me. It might not be for you.

This may also sound a bit... offensive but, I also find it hilarious when a teenager tries to imitate a gangster, like Nightmare Moon in this video:

"Break all this S**t!" XD

• Brohoof 2

I enjoy different kinds of humor at different times. Observational humor is excellent, if done by a master. George Carlin was the king of them all. He will be missed. I also enjoy in motion pictures, what used to be called "Screwball Comedy". Two of the funniest movies ever committed to celluloid (In my opinion) are "Bringing Up Baby" (1938) and "Arsenic and Old Lace" (1944) I have seen both numerous times (own the DVDs) and laugh out loud all throughout them. Is it coincidence that they both starred the amazing Cary Grant? I think not!

Go ahead and judge me, but I love crude, potty humor, as well as clever wordplay.

Adam Sandler was a flippin' genius at his craft. Happy Gilmore was the best comedy movie about golf of all time (I haven't seen Caddyshack). Even when his later output became crap (Jack and Jill was an abomination), I still love his raunchiness and bad temper.

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoy all sorts of humour, but I'm especially fond of sarcastic/ironic humour that makes you think for a second to get the joke. Being English we're good at that sort of thing :comeatus: