Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the worst thing you have ever tasted.

Grim Mortis

The worst thing I've ever tasted would have to either be horseradish or a skunk spray flavoured jellybean.

I couldn't taste the horseradish until my dad said "Now think paint thinner!"

I ended up with a skunk spray flavoured jellybean when I played beanboozled with my brother.

Honestly beer, I dont understand it.  It just tastes atrocious.  Its an aquired taste but why drink something that actively tastes bad?

forget the mysteries of our galaxy, or philosofical, Why people like beer is THE greatest mystery, ever. I get beer was the everyday drink in ancient times due to the lack of safe drinkable water, it was the safer option, but now that we got safe to frink water, I see no need to drink beer now  :huh:

I'm weird but since I was a kid, I have always hated grapes, especially the smell of it. So recently, I decided to taste one to see if it was just my childishness messing with me. Nope, I threw up. Maybe that was just not feeling good that day but that didn't help me that day at all.

I once bought a Drink from a turkish market assuming that this little bottle had water in it because i couldnt read the label.

I still to this day have no idea what i actually drank but im pretty sure it wasnt water and i already had enough of it after one zip.

It tasted horrible.

Cod liver oil, and this soda labeled Italy at Disney World's Epcot.

For food, I would have to say oysters. I nearly threw up trying to swallow it. I'm glad I will never have to eat that stuff again thanks to my shellfish food allergy.

Edited by JRex95

I remember when I was super young I tried to eat a pine cone. Back in that day, my thoughts were ''That one character ate it on Ice Age, so what's wrong with eating it?'' I had made a terrible mistake. Now I know that you shouldn't try and do things that they do in animated movies. I also have eaten zucchini and it tastes terrible. Maybe even worse than the pine cone.

Food: Probably a century egg. I don't think I ate it "correctly" because I just tried it on its own, and as far as I know you're supposed to eat it with soup or something like that. Either way, it tasted bad and also had a bad texture while in your mouth. The century egg tasted a little bit like rubber and salt, the best way of describing how to eat it would probably be like trying to chew a rubber band that was actually a magical salt rubber band. Also it smelled very interesting, it smelled like a tide pool, a very oceany smell. 

Drink wise: Probably a Pu-erh tea, it tasted and smelled like fish. From what I know, I probably brewed it incorrectly, or the leaves in it were dirty or something. I only tried it from a tea bag, from what I know it might not taste like fish if its "proper". I remember reading somewhere that if it is tasting like fish, you should wash the leaves somehow, I never got around to it though. I might be missing the greatest tasting tea in the world for all I know, but I'm not particularly interested in trying it again. 

A food that I want to try that I've been told is bad is a Durian, but I've also read that durians are also the greatest thing on Planet Earth. The durian definitely is a food that gets a lot of mixed reviews, but I don't know if I'm ever going to be able to try one as durians are very expensive fruits, I think around $3 a pound depending on where you get them, durians also weigh around 7 pounds or so, so I would be paying around $20 for a fruit that is known to smell bad and I might just end up hating how it tastes. 

Weird, both of the things I listed as being the worst I've ever tried were both China. 

The worst food I have eaten is TOMATO. It's frikkin' disgusting and I don't see why people eat iiiit.... It's everywhere. I also HATE eating anything moldy, but who doesn't?

Drink???? Probably any kind of liquid:y medicine.... I absolutely despised taking my medicine in liquid form, it was always as stomach-turning of an experience....... 

thumb.png

Do NOT drink beer if you are eating something w A1 steak sauce (nasty after taste).  If eating spicy Mexican food, DO NOT drink anything water based (like ice tea).  It will leave a weird, nasty after taste.  Beer, soda (for fizz) or milk (to coat tongue) are the way to deal w too spicy

I once decided to chew up my multivitamin, when I had no water. I thought.. "Hey! It can't be that bad. Faster absorption, am I right?"

WRONG!!!! 

The taste was absolutely foul. My face practically turned 90 years older.

Also.. Brine. It's the saltiest thing you could possibly imagine. When your chemistry teacher says do not eat it, but its harmless. You'd better listen to them! :P

• Brohoof 2

I've eaten and drank some strange things in my life so instead of breaking it down between food and drink, I'm doing to break it down by solid and liquid.

Solid: ever let a pill sit on your tongue? Yeah, don't do that.

Liquid: nasal spray. Never let it touchy our tongue. Ever.

Not sure if this counts as food, but the absolute worst thing I have ever tasted is canine feces. The worst drink I have ever tasted is beer.

I consumed these things when I was a toddler, just so that you know. I'm not nuts or anything.

:okiedokielokie: Earwax. :okiedokielokie:

(While technically not food... if you itch your ears while in the middle of eating a meal, then lick your fingers at some point. It's the worst taste ever.)

:eww: No seriously. Worst taste ever. :eww:

Edited by Shimmerlicious
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

A shot of vodka or whatever it was. I literally tasted like shoe polish, I'm not usually a fan of alcohol but my friends convinced me to try it... NEVER AGAIN will I try shots :lol:

• Brohoof 1

"Bamboozled Jelly Beans". They're like Bertie Botts every flavour beans in a way. Each bean can be two things - For example, a yellow bean might be buttered popcorn...or it might be Rotten eggs. Green might be Lime...or it might be lawn clippings. That sort of thing.

I tried one that might've been chocolate pudding. But I got Dog food. Then I trie done that might've been apple...but was puke flavoured. I don't know how they managed it, but EVERY flavour was so close to the actula thing...I honestly gagged when I had that puke flavoured one, it tasted exactly like bile. I was nauseus for some time afterwards.

As for drinks . .. I don't really know. I've never encountered anything too foul to remember