Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Do You Relax?

SkullcandyPegasus

• 1 month later...

I didn't know how relaxing it can be when you turn the A/C on!

But yea I pretty much do that and then just chill and watch some YouTube or twitch with some friends over Skype, when I'm not relaxing I'm playing Counter Strike

Edited by Rawz

I work as a flight attendant, so you might be able to guess what my day looks like... I just lay in my bed, take a deep breath, and say to myself "This'll all be over eventually. Better now than never. Everything hard has it's rewards." and accept that having a tough day is actually the nicest thing a person can have in the end. 

If I am really anxious and home alone I will watch MLP because it is really calming and I know it doesn't have violence in it. (Death and violence triggers my anxiety more so eh.) :)

Also, for just normal relaxing I colour adult colouring pages! (Nothing naughty, but more detailed colouring pages.)

Edited by xXpikoLoverXx

What does this word, "relax" mean?  I hear it can be achieved through enjoyable activities and somehow involves the removal of stress, but I don't truly know how to go about that.  Lol, it's probably pretty sad that I'm only half joking here.  In concept I know what relaxation is but...

I try to game, or read comics/mangas/novels, or game, or find something to watch.  I used to listen to music to relax, but nowadays if my mind isn't occupied, bad things happen... so music on its own doesn't really work.  These things help, but my stress never goes away, it would seem.

I got several ways, internet, videogames, reading, fics..... but the most relaxing past times should be a walk in nature: beaches, forest, mountains (those are my favorites) in alone and maybe listening to soothing videogame music (like the crystal room in Zelda Four Swords Adventures) 

Put on some happy music, especially with lots of bass.

Then I just "zone out".

It's a little hard to describe, but it feels awesome to just forget about everything.

I usually try to focus on the lyrics or the bass, and that does the trick most of the time.

If I feel extremely uneasy (Sick, hurt, or just general sadness.) I'll go for a walk.

When it's cold, while nobody's around. Just some music and I'm golden.

Which is weird, because I'm a scaredy cat. Can't stand being alone in the open, being in the dark, being cold or being far away from home.

But then suddenly, when they're combined, there's no problem xP

I'll usually walk somewhere between 5 and 15 miles, depending on how I feel. :o

I do a variety of stuff! Sometimes I doodle and draw, sometimes I listen to music, maybe play piano or some games, occasionally pet my cat or rant to my brother... Just whatever I darn diddly feel like! Sometimes if I'm really stressed out though I stay up super late and just sit outside and stare at the stars. Super soothing, and it sort of makes all your problems seem small, knowing there's a massive universe out there. 

I do a workout or run a couple of laps around the nearby lake.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

Skateboarding & music 

Otherwise at night turn some music on and reminisce in past memories... 

• Brohoof 1

I have a three-step system that helps me relax after a long day of school and work.

1. Tea. It often doesn't matter to me what kind it is.

2. Bathe. Sometimes I'll have my phone in there, playing music as I waste an hour in the tub.

3. Go to bedroom, lock the door. Relisten to Welcome to Night Vale as I dry off and lay down in the dark. (Seriously tho. Cecil Baldwin's voice. That stuff's great.)