Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Weirdest name you've given to a pet

Grtxkkyz

My cat is named Smartie, after the sweets, because he has a white dot on the middle of his forehead against his black coat :P I was only 6 at the time

Edited by Catitas

Well it's not necessarily weird but my snake is named 'Dusk'. I settled on that name because of his nice red/orange colour like the sunset. However I'm pretty sure I might have gotten the definition and colour of dusk completely wrong.

• 1 year later...

Had a Lil' tan puppy I named Teribus the Cursed.

Named him after a bone dragon from Warcraft.

Only got that name past my Mother because I lied & said I meant it like a "Terry cloth, you know?"

He was the runt of the litter in spite of his sister being smaller on account of having more chihuahua blood in her.

Second he was born his mother just dropped him in the middle of the garage floor & abandoned him.

Was an adventurous Lil pup, perhaps too much, as he got too curious and drowned in the pool.

So....uhm....yeah....think the name fitted....

So now, whenever I wander into that one area of Warcraft, hear that deep, bony, rattleroar I tear up a little every time.

...which is kind of an odd sequence of events, innit?

My mom got me a cat when I was a kid. This was a bad idea, as we also had a pit bull named Lady. She reacted in the way that you would expect. Cat was having none of it and beat the shit out of her using hit and run tactics until Lady accepted the fact that the cat was here to stay.

His name is Kratos, and he's awesome.

I have two cats, one called Fib and one called Archie. Fib and Archie.

Fibonacci

don't explain the joke!

---

We named out toy poodle after basketball technical foul master Ben Wallace.  

not really weird, but our Guinea pigs were named after food and drinks, except for one of them. 

we had; Caramel, Marmalade (Marmy) and Brandy. our Matriarch Guinea was called Shenzi after the Hyena in the Lion King because of the long crazy bangs she had. 

we also had a few bunnies, but the one with the most unusual name was Radar, because of his ears were half lop and half up. 

cats and dogswise, theyve all had people names or tree names. 

our Chickens also had old lady names. We named one Queenie after Steve McQueen because she kept escaping. 

Edited by StormBlaze

I guess you can say my current cats name is weird. Jubyaki. My gf wanted juby and I wanted to call her teriyaki since the cat hates the taste of teriyaki. So we just put em together and called her jubyaki. The vets usually get a kick out of it.

• Brohoof 1

As a kid, I had a couple of lizards and named one of them Ferocious Beast. He was the biggest of the bunch! :P

• Brohoof 2